Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romo - Charity and Offense **READ ME, BE PROUD**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. You don't believe their is more pressure at the end of games. Cool. I have met some people like you before. You do you.

I think Dez has been spectacular of late. And if not for a few inches (like 2) he would have another TD and we would be in 1st place in the division. Kinda exciting to see the development.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Are 7pts in the 4th qtr more valuable than 7pts in the 1st? Laughing

Yes, almost 100% of the time..
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Okay. You don't believe their is more pressure at the end of games. Cool. I have met some people like you before. You do you.

I think Dez has been spectacular of late. And if not for a few inches (like 2) he would have another TD and we would be in 1st place in the division. Kinda exciting to see the development.

I'm very impressed by his mid-season improvement and hope it's permanent - he's been great these last few games and that non-catch vs NY may have been the turning point (who knows...)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I'm very impressed by his mid-season improvement and hope it's permanent - he's been great these last few games and that non-catch vs NY may have been the turning point (who knows...)

I defintly feel like a star is developing right in front of us. No doubt that I feel this improvement is permanent, if there's anyone who wants to be the best in the NFL, It's Dez. So much passion, and too big an ego to let anyone be better then him, and that's a pretty good ego to have.

That play vs. the giants might have made him a bit angry on him self inside, and no doubt that an angry Dez Bryant on the field is a great Dez Bryant. Nobody has the spark that Dez has when he gets angry or simply is in the zone. With angry, I mean it in a good way where it gets him turning up his play while punishing every defener who tries to tackle him. Not the frustration way which I think there was a lot of in the beggining of the season.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Og articles

Matts4313 wrote:
Factoid from another forum - Dez has more TDs than Megatron in their first 3 years. He is on pace to beat Larry Fitz as well.

Quote:
According to an extremely reliable source, who is close to Reid, the long-time Eagles head coach could be the head coach of the archrival Cowboys next year.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_andy_reid_could_be_coaching_the_cowboys_next_season/12344284

Quote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Adrian Clayborn. It’s not exactly clear who Clayborn was rooting for during the game, but it’s quite apparent that he’s not a fan of Cowboys tackle Doug Free.

During the game, Clayborn took to his Twitter account (@AJaClay) to share his thoughts on Free’s play, saying “Doug Free can’t block a soul unless he holding.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/tampa-bay-de-adrian-clayborn-doug-free-cant-block-a-soul-unless-he-holding.html/

Quote:
there were some runs that made you gasp as Murray showed off a power and speed combination that's been absent in the Cowboys' run game since early October. But Murray was, above all else, effective. And the result was a balanced game plan of 33 run plays, 29 passes and an offense that moved the ball effectively all night.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/stephen-jones-theres-no-telling-where-the-cowboys-might-be-without-tony-romo.html/

Quote:
His thoughts didn’t come immediately after the game, but Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones discussed Romo’s accomplishment and the impact he’s made on the franchise since becoming the starting quarterback in 2006.

“If it weren’t for Tony there’s no telling where we might be in terms of winning football games,” Jones said Monday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “Last night, I think, was a perfect example of that. He was near perfect, had a 150 quarterback rating and kept us in that game all night long and kept answering the bell.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/stephen-jones-theres-no-telling-where-the-cowboys-might-be-without-tony-romo.html/

Quote:
The Cowboys’ 38-33 victory over the Eagles on Sunday night scored a 32.4 rating in Dallas-Fort Worth for Channel 5. That makes it the No. 2 game of the season behind only the 34.2 scored by the Wednesday night season-opening victory over the Giants.

Through 12 games, the Cowboys are averaging a 28.8 rating in Dallas-Fort Worth.

In Philadelphia, the game scored a 26.3 rating.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/tv-ratings-suggest-dallas-viewers-still-interested-in-cowboys-season.html/

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On Saturday Brandon Carr’s friend committed suicide. On Sunday Brandon Carr was beaten for a touchdown pass by Riley Cooper.

On Tuesday Brandon Carr proved why the Dallas Cowboys signed him as a free agent last spring.

He promised to improve. He fought back tears. He talked honestly. He gave generously.

At the kickoff event for his Carr Cares Foundation, the $50 million cornerback agreed he wasn’t playing great football and admitted to struggling with the death of former Kansas City Chiefs teammate Jovan Belcher, all while putting on a happy face

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/carr-cares-cowboys-cornerback-has-feet-on-ground-even-without-stats-in-the-sky/

Why is no one talking about Romo giving 1M??? Thats unreal. I dont know that I have seen that kind of single donation from a Cowboys player.. Maybe even an NFL player.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think this year's issues on the Cowboys' defense are the same as last year's. This year's defense has been very good for stretches, but has turned leaky in recent weeks. Because of injuries, it is playing without its two starting inside linebackers, one of its starting safeties, its nickel cornerback and two of its starting defensive linemen. Last year's defense was, for the most part, healthy in December. It just stunk.

The question for the Cowboys all season, to me, has been whether they were deep enough to last. There is big-time talent in certain places on the roster, but there is not, throughout the roster, the sort of depth of talent a team needs to make it through a season as a championship contender. I think the people who run and build the team know that, and that they perceive themselves in the middle of a building project set to continue in the coming offseason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You’ve watched the tape on Doug Free for the last few weeks and you’ve seen Parnell play as well. Even though Free has struggled, do the Cowboys have any options to get better this year?

Broaddus: Parnell is an option but until you hear that he is splitting reps with Free at right tackle then this move will not happen. Coaches are creatures of habit in that they just don’t like to make a lot of changes. In their view, they have seen Free play well at times and just not the four or five bad plays he has out of 65. They understand what they have in Parnell and in their eyes maybe they feel that he is not better than Free at this point. Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that there has been some technique issues with Free and he is not lying there from what I have seen on tape. Again, if we hear Parnell is getting work at right tackle, that will tell you the coaches would be ready to make that switch if necessary.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/3-Pressing-Questions-Broaddus-Discusses-Right-Tackle-Zimmer/753cbdc4-1475-4f32-bc37-78cf46e9a258

Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet they just ran a national poll of who's your favorite QB. Romo came in dead last, behind Vick and Roethlisberger.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very nice of Romo. He has always been an outstanding individual. It's nice of him to give back. Really remarkable. I can't think of very many people who are so selfless.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey! Romo made it to the top 3.

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2012/REG/13?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_fedex?campaign=Twitter_120512airandgroundw13_TARGETSvideos

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ware is currently ranked seventh in the NFL with 26 quarterback knockdowns and hurries, so he is still proving to be an effective rusher even if his sack numbers seem deflated.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/cowboys-olb-demarcus-ware-not-worried-about-sack-drought.html/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

In Redball I Trust!
WakaKoalaFlame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota Through their first 39 games -- Michael Irvin: 151 catches for 2,606 yards and 18 TDs. Dez Bryant: 179 catches for 2,467 yards and 23 TDs.

And. While I am a Dez fan now, this is a misleading stat. The CJ and Fitz are better measuring sticks IMO.

What's interesting is how much more dominate moss and rice were in there eras. Both over 40 tds in their first 3 years... twice as much as fitz or megatron

This is on me, I wasn't really clear. When I said it was a misleading stat, I didn't mean so much as to the difference in era (although the point is valid) I meant the difference in the teams attitude towards how it scores. 90's was Rush, Ground, Pound type of football. He had the fire power to by a prolific scoring offense like the Vikings, like the Rams, and like the 49ers. Instead - we had no need.

I am actually curious - has there been a better WR the past four weeks than Dez?

Calvin, Andre, AJ
Terrance Williams:
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
Quote:

I am actually curious - has there been a better WR the past four weeks than Dez?

Calvin, Andre, AJ

Don"t think AJ has. Dez has him by about 50% in recs and yardage and 3x as many TDs in that span.

Don't get me wrong, though, he's having a phenomenal year...no argument there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: