Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romo - Charity and Offense **READ ME, BE PROUD**
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Romo - Charity and Offense **READ ME, BE PROUD** Reply with quote

I moved the original articles to the 3rd page. I thought this first one deserved to be front page of the news this week.

Quote:
KCBI-FM (90.9 in Dallas) reports this afternoon that Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has committed $1 million over three years to the Miracle of the Million program. The donation was announced during a breakfast with Dr. Tony Evans, pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, and members of the program.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/report-cowboys-quarterback-tony-romo-commits-1-million-to-miracle-of-the-million-program.html/

Quote:
The Cowboys finished at or below the 10-point mark at the half for the 12th straight game to start the season. Quarterback Tony Romo said there’s a reason the offense finished with exactly 10 points at halftime for the fourth time this season Sunday against the Eagles.

“I know as a quarterback, just from my perspective, there’s only so many coverages over the years you can see and show,” he said. “It still comes down to blocking and tackling and throwing and catching and running. Early in the game, you don’t necessarily always know exactly what they’re playing that day. Once I get a beat on it, usually I can lock in and be pretty good.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Romo-Offers-Insight-Into-Slow-Starts-Electric-Finishes/8138ccf9-f632-4c33-b1b9-69fd462f3af4

Quote:

Last edited by Matts4313 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all respect to the walrus, I would probably officialy boycut the Cowboys if we hired him.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... it crossed my mind we might get Reid. I don't want him at all. I like Garret.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we both kidding? Andy is one of the best offensive minds in the game, especially when he used his running game to attack. He is also very good with Quarterbacks and hiding their negatives. Also, i believe Andy Reid would have this offense #1 in the NFL in his first year. he would have Murray looking like Brian Westbrook using him on screens and such. I would love to have the largest HC/DC combo in the NFL especially is we had a Norv sandwich between it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota Through their first 39 games -- Michael Irvin: 151 catches for 2,606 yards and 18 TDs. Dez Bryant: 179 catches for 2,467 yards and 23 TDs.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL@whoever wants AR as their HC in Dallas. I love big red and all but he is outdated. He ran the pass-happy offense before it was popular. And we ran all of those screens because we had a top 20 OT duo in NFL history with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan. And we had a dominant lights out home run hitter at LT last season named Jason Peters who would demolish anyone in his way on a screen. Having Tyron Smith and Doug Free as your OTs...Yea...And plus he abandons the run way too early if we even run it.

And on top of that, AR wouldn't come to Dallas at all if Jerruh the Hutt is the GM. Their egos wouldn't be able to properly function.

And think about it like this. Abandon the run early, put the ball into Romo's hands 50+ times a game(Passing it 50+) with Doug Free as your starting RT. Yea. I mean i'd love to see you guys suck it up against us and stuff but i'd rather it be without AR coaching you guys.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
LOL@whoever wants AR as their HC in Dallas. I love big red and all but he is outdated. He ran the pass-happy offense before it was popular. And we ran all of those screens because we had a top 20 OT duo in NFL history with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan. And we had a dominant lights out home run hitter at LT last season named Jason Peters who would demolish anyone in his way on a screen. Having Tyron Smith and Doug Free as your OTs...Yea...And plus he abandons the run way too early if we even run it.

And on top of that, AR wouldn't come to Dallas at all if Jerruh the Hutt is the GM. Their egos wouldn't be able to properly function.

And think about it like this. Abandon the run early, put the ball into Romo's hands 50+ times a game(Passing it 50+) with Doug Free as your starting RT. Yea. I mean i'd love to see you guys suck it up against us and stuff but i'd rather it be without AR coaching you guys.

Your argument warrants nothing, we already throw 50+ and still beat the Eagles without screens. Reid is outdated in Philly, not anywhere else. Also Jerry knows when to step aside and I could see that if he brought in Andy. Also as a fan of the Eagles, you should know that Andy Reid loves drafting within the trenches in the 1st round, so who is to say we wouldn't have an amazing combo at our tackle spots.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Andy Reid to Dallas rumor came about early this morning or late last night. It came the way of a radio sports talk host here in the Philly area.

It's nothin but a bunch of BS!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO @ Clayborn. Doug Free isn't good, but I watched you at Iowa. When you can man up in 4th qtr, then you can talk. Until then, your winded, no hack arse needs to shut up.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota Through their first 39 games -- Michael Irvin: 151 catches for 2,606 yards and 18 TDs. Dez Bryant: 179 catches for 2,467 yards and 23 TDs.

No doubt Bryant is a great talent who has really upped his game lately. He's put the baggy pants behind him I think. He's a keeper. If Murray can stay healthy that's a great one two punch at WR and RB. Just need some O Lineman.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

And. While I am a Dez fan now, this is a misleading stat. The CJ and Fitz are better measuring sticks IMO.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And. While I am a Dez fan now, this is a misleading stat. The CJ and Fitz are better measuring sticks IMO.

What's interesting is how much more dominate moss and rice were in there eras. Both over 40 tds in their first 3 years... twice as much as fitz or megatron
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

What's interesting is how much more dominate moss and rice were in there eras. Both over 40 tds in their first 3 years... twice as much as fitz or megatron

This is on me, I wasn't really clear. When I said it was a misleading stat, I didn't mean so much as to the difference in era (although the point is valid) I meant the difference in the teams attitude towards how it scores. 90's was Rush, Ground, Pound type of football. He had the fire power to by a prolific scoring offense like the Vikings, like the Rams, and like the 49ers. Instead - we had no need.

I am actually curious - has there been a better WR the past four weeks than Dez?

In Redball I Trust!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megatron, dt and André Johnson have all had some monster weeks recently. On my tablet, so I am to lazy to look it up.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Megatron, dt and André Johnson have all had some monster weeks recently. On my tablet, so I am to lazy to look it up.

Also in a lazy mood, but if Dez is playing like a top 5 WR these past four weeks I would still call that a win and close up shop to go celebrate.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: