Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Schwartz Victory Review
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Jim Schwartz Victory Review Reply with quote

I reviewed all of Jim Schwartz’s wins from 2009 - 2012, looking for victories against opponents having a final record ABOVE .500.

Schwartz had three such victories before this year, of which, one was the game where Aaron Rogers left injured.

(1) 2010 Beat Green Bay 7 – 3 coach Mike McCarthy and the quarterback Graham Harrell. Green Bay finished 10 -6 and Aaron Rodgers left injured.

(2) 2010 Beat Tampa Bay 23 – 20 OT coach Raheem Morris and the quarterback Josh Freeman. Tampa Bay finished 10 - 6.

(3) 2012 Beat Seattle 28 – 24 coach Pete Carroll and the quarterback rookie Russell Wilson. Seattle finished 11 – 5.

This year, so far, Schwartz beat Dallas and Chicago both with 7 – 6 records. All other wins were against opponents with .500 records or below.

If the past in any indication of his future, we will lose to both Baltimore and New York Giants but win against Minnesota finishing 8 - 8.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 games ago we had complete control of the division. Crying or Very sad
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Jim Schwartz Victory Review Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
If the past in any indication of his future, we will lose to both Baltimore and New York Giants but win against Minnesota finishing 8 - 8.
PROGRESS!!! I predicted this before we played Green Bay, Lol.

So we're good for one victory against a team that finishes with a winning record per season under Schwartz. I really can't see how anyone would wanna keep putting up with his BS. There's no upside.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jim Schwartz Victory Review Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
duanegarrison09 wrote:

So we're good for one victory against a team that finishes with a winning record per season under Schwartz. I really can't see how anyone would wanna keep putting up with his BS. There's no upside.

I agree! It is time to replace the Schwantz! Laughing
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jim Schwartz Victory Review Reply with quote

[quote="stylish313"]
duanegarrison09 wrote:

So we're good for one victory against a team that finishes with a winning record per season under Schwartz. I really can't see how anyone would wanna keep putting up with his BS. There's no upside.[/quoute]Before you could argue that Schwartz didn't have much to work with. Now that he has a competent team full of talented players he is flushing it right down the toilet.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be a near guarantee that if the Lions do not finish strong that Schwartz is out the door. Just need to find a suitable replacement.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Also, Dallas is currently ranked WORST in defense, and Chicago is 6th worst.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty interesting. Even more interesting when you realize that one of those wins came without Stafford. Schwartz has more wins against winning teams than Stafford does.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
That is pretty interesting. Even more interesting when you realize that one of those wins came without Stafford. Schwartz has more wins against winning teams than Stafford does.

FIRE STAFFORD!

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like this guy inherited the worst roster in NFL history, right? He turned a weak, embarrassing team into one that is competitive each week, and we may find ourselves back in the playoffs.

Team Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
It's not like this guy inherited the worst roster in NFL history, right? He turned a weak, embarrassing team into one that is competitive each week, and we may find ourselves back in the playoffs.
It could be argued that Mayhew got the pieces for a competitive team and Schwartz just doesn't know how to coach them. Thats the reason they are stumbling and undisciplined. We have the talent but we aren't winning. Where does the fault lie seems to be the discussion here. I place it on coaching.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I agree that he turned the Lions from a weak to a competive team but the embarrassing part still remains!
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

That's not even a respectable excuse anymore. It's been 5 years.
Locke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for collecting the data. I've been wanting to do it myself. I think this is an indicator of the issues we are going to have going forward. As the expectations of this club goes from competitive to playoffs or more each year, I believe Schwartz needs a big win this year.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

That's not even a respectable excuse anymore. It's been 5 years.

I was referring to the concept of this thread, which pertains to his wins, and which includes the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

If he finishes this season off with a playoff berth, it would be 2 playoff births in the last 3 years. An excuse isn't needed.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: