Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where do you think Stafford ranks?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where does Stafford rank?
1-5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
top 10
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
top 15
35%
 35%  [ 12 ]
back 16
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Message
usedaschwartz


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 326
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Where do you think Stafford ranks? Reply with quote

I want to know where Lions fans think Stafford ranks overall in QB'ing. Take into account an overall rating, such as leadership and production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say top 15. He's still far too inconsistent to be considered anything near top 5.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8711
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say towards the bottom part of the top ten. His inconsistencies are the only thing keeping him from the top 5 I think.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3279
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 in my heart.
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3355
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I would say towards the bottom part of the top ten. His inconsistencies are the only thing keeping him from the top 5 I think.


I agree with this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25787
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I would say towards the bottom part of the top ten. His inconsistencies are the only thing keeping him from the top 5 I think.


I agree with this.

Yep. He's wedged in that group that all have a valid case to be in that area.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7249
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB that are definitely above (no order):

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Big Ben

QB around Stafford's level in my opinion:

Matt Ryan
Josh Freeman
Phillip Rivers

So yeah, right outside the top ten, depending on what you believe about Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25885
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tough question to answer accurately because the league has a solid group of established stars and they have some young phenoms who don't have a long resume yet.

I think these QB's are definitely better listed in no order.

P. Manning.
E. Manning.
Tom Brady.
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Scaub
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Those that look like they will be better but haven't played long enough

Robert Griffen III
Russell Wilson
Andy Dalton

I have Stafford here along with Carson Palmer who seems like an older version of Stafford. Josh Freeman who came from the same draft class.

Then everyone else. So at this point top 15.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2807
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
QB that are definitely above (no order):

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Big Ben

QB around Stafford's level in my opinion:

Matt Ryan
Josh Freeman
Phillip Rivers

So yeah, right outside the top ten, depending on what you believe about Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III


I think this year probably ranks 8 to 10 - not any higher because he has that side arm tendency that sometimes makes the ball sail. A little too inconsistent to be ranked any higher.
Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Brees
Cutler
Manning
Ben
Ryan/Stafford/Wilson/RGIIIFreeman- take your pick on the order
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
usedaschwartz


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 326
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
It's a tough question to answer accurately because the league has a solid group of established stars and they have some young phenoms who don't have a long resume yet.

I think these QB's are definitely better listed in no order.

P. Manning.
E. Manning.
Tom Brady.
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Scaub
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Those that look like they will be better but haven't played long enough

Robert Griffen III
Russell Wilson
Andy Dalton

I have Stafford here along with Carson Palmer who seems like an older version of Stafford. Josh Freeman who came from the same draft class.

Then everyone else. So at this point top 15.


+1, but I'd even have Andrew Luck ahead of him. He has all rookies except for Reggie Wayne.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagahide13


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 11116
Location: Stumptown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him about 5-7. There are only 2 guys in the league I would actually prefer to move forward with; (Luck and Rodgers).
_________________
LION KING wrote:
I actually feel nothing anymore !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26061
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I have him about 5-7. There are only 2 guys in the league I would actually prefer to move forward with; (Luck and Rodgers).
Pretty much this. Rodgers is probably going to be the best QB in the league for a while. Luck could be like or better than Rodgers. Stafford can be like Favre, he just has to throw less INT's than him Laughing

Stafford & Newton probably have the most upside in the league.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19353
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
It's a tough question to answer accurately because the league has a solid group of established stars and they have some young phenoms who don't have a long resume yet.

I think these QB's are definitely better listed in no order.

P. Manning.
E. Manning.
Tom Brady.
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Scaub
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Those that look like they will be better but haven't played long enough

Robert Griffen III
Russell Wilson
Andy Dalton

I have Stafford here along with Carson Palmer who seems like an older version of Stafford. Josh Freeman who came from the same draft class.

Then everyone else. So at this point top 15.
How is Cutler better? Even with a great WR he is having an average year like always.

Stafford is top 10.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25885
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
It's a tough question to answer accurately because the league has a solid group of established stars and they have some young phenoms who don't have a long resume yet.

I think these QB's are definitely better listed in no order.

P. Manning.
E. Manning.
Tom Brady.
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Scaub
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Those that look like they will be better but haven't played long enough

Robert Griffen III
Russell Wilson
Andy Dalton

I have Stafford here along with Carson Palmer who seems like an older version of Stafford. Josh Freeman who came from the same draft class.

Then everyone else. So at this point top 15.
How is Cutler better? Even with a great WR he is having an average year like always.

Stafford is top 10.


That's your opinion and your welcome to it. I obviously disagree.

Stafford in my opinion isn't top 10 but unlike your response I don't state it as fact.

Cutler is having an average year yet he leads Stafford in QB rating, yards per attempt and completion percentage. Detroit has a better offensive line which helps Stafford.

If you notice I had Cutler ranked just ahead of Stafford. If your being objective you would have to acknowledge Cutlers average year is better than Staffords average year which would hardly support your statement that Stafford is top 10.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25885
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
I have him about 5-7. There are only 2 guys in the league I would actually prefer to move forward with; (Luck and Rodgers).
Pretty much this. Rodgers is probably going to be the best QB in the league for a while. Luck could be like or better than Rodgers. Stafford can be like Favre, he just has to throw less INT's than him Laughing

Stafford & Newton probably have the most upside in the league.


I think probably Luck and RG III have more upside than either of them.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group