Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarius Byrd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Jarius Byrd Reply with quote

I was reading from the NFC East Blog and picked this us not sure if I am suppose this in here I been gone for a while fellas sorry with school and work and all lol. What do you guys think about the FS from Buffalo Jariosu Byrd being linked with us as a free agent that we definately need for our back end.

" The biggest name and best target, for me, is Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd, who's the kind of ball hawk who would really bolster their coverage. The Washington Redskins need some help at cornerback as well, but I think someone with Byrd's athleticism would help everybody on the defense. They don't really have a coverage safety right now, and he's as good as they get. He's also 26 years old, which means he's in the age group Mike Shanahan likes to target in free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if Byrd were high on the Redskins' priority list, though our man James Walker reports that Buffalo is already trying to lock him up. "

It doesn't say who exactly wrote it all it says is ESPN_NFCEast so no I am no plagerising or making up my own words here folks lol.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Byrd gets away from the Bills. He's either resigned or Franchised.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love him but its doubtful IMO.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him a big contract that the bills couldn't match because they already paid Mario Williams, Fitzpatrick, Jackson and Stevie Johnson. Wink Cool

If we can get this guy, he'd have a huge impact on our D.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
There's no way Byrd gets away from the Bills. He's either resigned or Franchised.

Maybe franchised, but for reasons that turtle brought up, how many more big contracts can the bills afford? Plus CJ Spiller is still on his rookie contract, they can't resign them all.

Did I see that William Moore is a FA too? He's the safety I really want.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Maybe franchised, but for reasons that turtle brought up, how many more big contracts can the bills afford? Plus CJ Spiller is still on his rookie contract, they can't resign them all.

Did I see that William Moore is a FA too? He's the safety I really want.
yeah- they may franchise him. I didn't think of that. Embarassed Oh and yeah, I'd love to get William Moore also, but he's a SS (not FS) and it may be the same thing where the falcons lock him up long term or franchise him. I guess we'll see, but we really need a great FS like Byrd.

There is also Patrick Chung, but I've always thought he was inconsistent and he's a SS anyways. Hopefully, Meriweather can get healthy so we don't have to sign a SS or draft one high.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrd or Moore would be great. Very Happy
a2piece89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'd give him a big contract that the bills couldn't match because they already paid Mario Williams, Fitzpatrick, Jackson and Stevie Johnson. Wink Cool

If we can get this guy, he'd have a huge impact on our D.
qft, wouldn't have Cruz skating on us. Byrd is more likely a pickup than Moore. Moore is about to be atlanta's dpoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills in Talks with Byrd

Most likely this could be held out till next FA period to see what they can leverage. There are quite a few teams that are looking at him, which could drive his price tag up.

Remember the whole salary cap floor thing...this is where its going to come into play big time. Teams will overpay for him to get to that floor quickly. A team like Cleveland. And I have seen that in their forums a few times, they have the money and they should go after Byrd.

So we are not going to be the only high rollers anymore thanks to the salary cap floor.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to sign him, then we could have Meriweather and Jackson for the SS spot and Gomes if they both can't play.
NHL-Capitals
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only Tanard Jackson could stay clean - dude is a great talent and would be a cheap solution/easy fix to the FS position. I hope he's spent time in rehab, counselling, doing Goodell's dry cleaning to convince him that he should be reinstated.

I'm not familiar with Buffalo's cap space, but I can't see how they would let a homegrown talent walk away. They'll dump Fitzpatrick if they can, and that probably opens up enough to franchise Byrd - it's not like the safety franchise tag is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, Byrd is the only FS option in free agency. He's not an elite FS, but he would be a huge difference in the performance of the secondary.

footy is a sad panda now that he has come to terms with the fact that Byrd will not be a Redskin in 2013.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't surprise me the bills are looking to lock up Byed before he hits FA. That's a smart move.

Oh well. I guess we'll have to draft our own version of a great FS in round 2. Wink

mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me the bills are looking to lock up Byed before he hits FA. That's a smart move.

Oh well. I guess we'll have to draft our own version of a great FS in round 2. Wink

I think that a lot of teams might actually try to do this more and more with the salary cap floor. It prevents teams from overpaying to keep a player and letting the team determine his value instead of the free agency market determining his value.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
bowilson11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
If only Tanard Jackson could stay clean - dude is a great talent and would be a cheap solution/easy fix to the FS position. I hope he's spent time in rehab, counselling, doing Goodell's dry cleaning to convince him that he should be reinstated.

I'm not familiar with Buffalo's cap space, but I can't see how they would let a homegrown talent walk away. They'll dump Fitzpatrick if they can, and that probably opens up enough to franchise Byrd - it's not like the safety franchise tag is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, Byrd is the only FS option in free agency. He's not an elite FS, but he would be a huge difference in the performance of the secondary.

footy is a sad panda now that he has come to terms with the fact that Byrd will not be a Redskin in 2013.
Footy_29, I'm with you on Tanard Jackson. He could be the solution of all our issues at FS if he get his head in the right place. I'm hoping that RG III is having a accountability effect on the players. Watching this guy play his heart out for the team has to make others want to do the same. Has anyone noticed that during this three game winning streak we have cut way down on stupid penalties and mistakes. We might not have the best talent on paper but on game day these guys are playing as an unit. I'm hoping that Jackson is sitting home watching this occurence and wants to be a significant part of it. With Jackson and a healthy Merriweather we get a huge upgrade at the Safety positions. Then we can place our draft focus on CB and RT and maybe grab a raw pass rusher in the late rounds.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Footy_29, I'm with you on Tanard Jackson. He could be the solution of all our issues at FS if he get his head in the right place. I'm hoping that RG III is having a accountability effect on the players. Watching this guy play his heart out for the team has to make others want to do the same. Has anyone noticed that during this three game winning streak we have cut way down on stupid penalties and mistakes. We might not have the best talent on paper but on game day these guys are playing as an unit. I'm hoping that Jackson is sitting home watching this occurence and wants to be a significant part of it. With Jackson and a healthy Merriweather we get a huge upgrade at the Safety positions. Then we can place our draft focus on CB and RT and maybe grab a raw pass rusher in the late rounds.

While I agree with you, the point is, will the commissioner overturn his suspension?

He has been suspended indefinitely. He is eligible for reinstatement on Aug 31, 2013, but that is not a guarantee that he will be reinstated and if he is, that is practically after training camp and right before preseason to get him back into shape.

And since 2009 he has missed 20 games due to suspensions from PED's.

Look, there has to be a time to say that this guy is not going to get it and we have to move on. I think that the team was really looking to get a steal in a weak S FA class, but considering that he had all ready been suspended for 2010 and missed all but 2 games, suspended for 6 games in 2011 and 4 in 2009 really makes it hard to consider Jackson worthy of playing at a high level without PED's and with this much time off due to the drugs, why would you invest that kind of commitment.

Draft someone this year and hope that Meriweather comes back healthy.

But the S position is very weak for us and our depth at CB is so thin. While we are making a strong run right now, upgrading positions in the secondary are crucial for this team next year.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: