Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frazier's Future/Future HC?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Frazier the HC in 2013?
Yes?
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
No?
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Frazier's Future/Future HC? Reply with quote

This team is playing beyond horrible, and it's not just the quarterback and the passing game, the defense is an embarrassment. And after watching Frazier on the sidelines at the end of the game yesterday, and especially watching him and his reactions during the post game conference, I truly believe I was watching a man who knew he will be out of a job soon.

I don't believe Wilf will hand Frazier his pink slip during the season, but I do expect him to announce the firing on "Black Monday".

So, do you think Frazier gets fired? Who would you like to see replace him?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting listening to Paul Allen this morning; particularly the segment with Pete Bercich. He said, "when it comes down to a first round QB versus a head coach, the QB tends to win."

He later went on to say that he's seen it quite a few times in the NFL when a new GM selects his QB and has an incumbent coach that the coach is often fired in-lieu-of moving on from the QB.

I'd like to see us put an offer in to Jay Gruden. He's done a good job with Andy Dalton and has established a solid running game with Benjarvus Green-Ellis. I've come around to the thinking that I want an offensive minded head coach. He turned down a chance to interview for head coaching gigs last year (Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, and St. Louis), but his stock will be at it's high point after this season and I don't see him passing up the chance again.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Frazier had done that bad of a job this year. We are rebuilding and he has made progress since last year. I was predicting another 3 win season and he has doubled that number of wins. He just needs to keep it going in the right direction next year. I see no reason why we should fire him this early in his tenure.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My short list of HC candidates;

1. Greg Roman
2. Mike McCoy
3. Gus Bradley
4. Jay Gruden
5. Gary Patterson

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...

Last edited by LostRoadStone on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
I don't think Frazier had done that bad of a job this year. We are rebuilding and he has made progress since last year. I was predicting another 3 win season and he has doubled that number of wins. He just needs to keep it going in the right direction next year. I see no reason why we should fire him this early in his tenure.

What about this team makes you think it's going in the right direction? The passing game is getting worse by the week, the defense is getting worse by the week, and the overall game plans are getting worse by the week. This team doesn't look like they are going to win another game this season, which would mean finishing 6-10. Now 6-10 may look better than 3-13, but considering that we started our 4-0, that means that they finish 2-10. IMO, Frazier, his coaching staff, and this team have shown no progress or development, and that's grounds for firing.

Quote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

What about this team makes you think it's going in the right direction? The passing game is getting worse by the week, the defense is getting worse by the week, and the overall game plans are getting worse by the week. This team doesn't look like they are going to win another game this season, which would mean finishing 6-10. Now 6-10 may look better than 3-13, but considering that we started our 4-0, that means that they finish 2-10. IMO, Frazier, his coaching staff, and this team have shown no progress or development, and that's grounds for firing.

We started 3-1
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Frazier's Future/Future HC? Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
This team is playing beyond horrible, and it's not just the quarterback and the passing game, the defense is an embarrassment.

The defence has not been an "embarrassment". They're 13th in the NFL, which is way better than they should be given their talent level. They played really well at Green Bay until they wore out in the 4th Quarter because they had been on the field so long.

The lack of a passing game is a talent thing too.

It was Rick Spielman who used the bulk of the team's money and draft choices on offence the past couple of years. And look at the players that are hurt or not performing: Ponder, Simpson, Aromoshadu, Jenkins, Carlson, Burton, Childs, Wright, Fusco. These are all Spielman's guys.

While I am not yet convinced that Leslie Frazier is the guy who is going to lead this team to a championship, it would be a really bad sign if Frazier got fired and Spielman got to keep his job.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to Frazier's press conferences makes me want to run my head into a wall.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense may be playing statistically well, but it's pretty obvious that our new defensive coordinator and/or Frazier are bad at making adjustments. I lost count of how many times Rodgers rolled out to the right when Robison crashed down.
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

The defense is ranked 13th overall so I do not think the defense is playing as bad as some make out. Last year they ranked 21 in total defense so they have gotten better. The offense has sliped slightly. Last year they ranked 18th and this year 22nd. I beleive if Harvin had played the last 3 games we would probably be around 18th. Just for informational purpose the difference between 18th ranked and 22nd is only 8.1 yards per game.

I voted that we keep Frazier because just like Dungy Frazier will end up being a good HC in this league. Where I think we make a move is we fire Musgrave as he has not been able to make adjustments for this offense. I think we go after the hottest offensive coordinator we can that can develop a QB and make ingame adjustments. Frazier is a defensive coach which is probable the reason why the defense has gotten better. Now we need a hot shot OC to go along with Frazier Smile just my 2 cents worth.

I honestly believed that this season was going to be alot like last season and we would win betwwen 3-5 games. We are playing in the bonus right now Smile
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

The problems with the passing game should be expected. We did nothing to improve that part of the roster last offseason, and our only good receiver has been out for the last few weeks. You can't address every weak spot in one offseason. I don't think it's unreasonable to wait and see what they do for the passing game this offseason.

The defense is doing worse because we are playing better teams now than we were at the beginning of the schedule. Because we can't pass on offense, we get a lot of three and outs and the defense ends up spending too much time on the field. We are also missing Chris Cook in the DB corps. Speaking of the defensive backs, they have been playing better this season than they have in years. We have a pretty promising young group of DB's right now.

Ultimately it all comes down to the quarterback. Ponder was a panic move, and I DO blame them for that one. I've been saying that since the moment the pick was announced.

We saw yesterday what a difference it makes to have a good QB. With all the injuries they have, Green Bay isn't fielding all that great of a team lately. AD did what should have been enough to win that game all by himself. Unfortunately, because of our deficiencies at the QB position, the Packers were able to do what it took to win - mainly on the strength of their quarterback.

As far as the game plans are concerned, I don't have too many complaints. Frazier is a lot better than Chilly used to be in that area, although I know that's not saying much. If Ponder hadn't thrown those ridiculous picks yesterday, we would have gone into Lambeau Field and beaten the Packers. Who predicted that? You can't blame the coaching staff on the quarterback's boneheaded decisions. If they are still relying on him next year at this time, then I think we have reason to complain. Otherwise, there's not much we can do this year.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that we are in a rebuilding year and playing in the toughest division in the league. I didn't expect for the team to go too far. I do believe Spielman has brought in some good players and that Frazier has done an acceptable job with what he's had to work with. I really don't see any huge weak spots with him like we had with Chilly.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost interest after the first sentence. How is this team playing beyond horrible? That makes no sense to me, the Vikings are a mediocre team. Go be a fan of the Browns, Raiders or Chiefs if you want to see a beyond horrible team.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should he be fired? Yes.

will he? Probably not.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
should he be fired? Yes.

will he? Probably not.

Agreed. going from 3 wins to 6 wins with 4 games left is probably about what people expected. Actually it has been slightly better. I thought this was an 8-8 team best case scenario during the pre-season.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Frazier goes, Spielman needs to follow. You don't get to fire two coaches in this without realizing the problem also resides in the front office.

And IF this team were to fire Frazier, good luck getting any head coach of any sort of proven track record (which is what they need after two failed first time head coaches) as that guy isn't signing on and putting his job security in the hands of Christian Ponder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: