Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frazier's Future/Future HC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Frazier the HC in 2013?
Yes?
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
No?
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

milanb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Does anyone believe that Andy Reid would want to be a coordinator for a year or two?

No.

Why would he do that?

If Reid is fired he will have no trouble landing another HC job.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
Does anyone believe that Andy Reid would want to be a coordinator for a year or two?

No.

Why would he do that?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in San Diego. And I personally believe that if you think Musgrave is going to be replaced, you're sadly mistaken.

I believe he's made some progress. I actually believe he's done a significantly better job as OC than either Childress or Bevell before him. While it's certainly not at an elite level, it's acceptable for right now. The passing offense has certainly been putrid, but you can't argue with the results from the rushing offense. That counts too.

And for what deficiencies people seem to have with Frazier, you have to also acknowledge the good job he has done with his coaching staff. The hiring of Alan Williams and demotion of Fred Pagac appears to be a brilliant move. Joe Woods (likely with the help of Frazier and Williams) now appears to be doing a competent job with the DBs. Priefer has done wonders with the special teams (coverage especially). Bringing back Daly seems to have worked, because they're beginning to get more production from Guion, Ballard, Evans and Griffen. Not that Saxon has to do much with AD, but he's certainly somewhat responsible for Felton.

The only questionable coaches to me appear to be Craig Johnson (QB coach) and George Stewart (WR coach). Those positions appear to be the biggest deficiencies on the team, and it's hard to know whether it's their coaching or the talent or a little of both.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

No.

Why would he do that?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in San Diego. And I personally believe that if you think Musgrave is going to be replaced, you're sadly mistaken.

I believe he's made some progress. I actually believe he's done a significantly better job as OC than either Childress or Bevell before him. While it's certainly not at an elite level, it's acceptable for right now. The passing offense has certainly been putrid, but you can't argue with the results from the rushing offense. That counts too.

And for what deficiencies people seem to have with Frazier, you have to also acknowledge the good job he has done with his coaching staff. The hiring of Alan Williams and demotion of Fred Pagac appears to be a brilliant move. Joe Woods (likely with the help of Frazier and Williams) now appears to be doing a competent job with the DBs. Priefer has done wonders with the special teams (coverage especially). Bringing back Daly seems to have worked, because they're beginning to get more production from Guion, Ballard, Evans and Griffen. Not that Saxon has to do much with AD, but he's certainly somewhat responsible for Felton.

The only questionable coaches to me appear to be Craig Johnson (QB coach) and George Stewart (WR coach). Those positions appear to be the biggest deficiencies on the team, and it's hard to know whether it's their coaching or the talent or a little of both.

Well said disaacs. Agreed 100%
Robb_K

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

No.

Why would he do that?

I'd bet that it's some of both, plus some of Ponder, and some of OL pass protection deficiencies.

Ponder getting more experience, shoring up the OL, and bringing in better talent at WR will go a long way to help get rid of that problem. And with all that, the passing game can be opened up in the playbook, as well.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we definitely need a new WR coach.

we haven't developed a single WR since Stewart has come aboard.

Percy Harvin hasn't progressed as a route runner and true WR. Sidney Rice only had one good year when Brett Favre was here. Our "best" WR's for the last couple of years have all been washed up veterans. Bernard Berrian, Bobby Wade, Michael Jenkins, Devin Aromashodu...

We need to seriously invest in some young WR talent and find someone who can turn them into legitimate NFL players.
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

And I personally believe that if you think Musgrave is going to be replaced, you're sadly mistaken.

I strongly suspect that either Johnson or Musgrave has to take the fall for Christian Ponder's lack of talent, err "progress". That's just the way it works in this league.

Sad

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:

I agree. I had hopes for many of the receivers, but it just hasn't seemed like Stewart has done a lot with them.

Here are some potential WR coaches the Vikings could look at:
David Culley - current Eagles WR coach, worked alongside Frazier in Philly
Frank Reich - ironically, he's the current Cardinals WR coach (although he could also be the QB coach)
Clyde Christensen - currently unemployed, was WR coach with Indy when Frazier was there
Ricky Proehl - currently offensive consultant with Panthers (working with WRs), but his final year as a player was with the Colts in '06.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see someone from the college ranks. Someone who can bring some fresh ideas to the passing game.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, with replacing Stewart at WR coach. The Vikings have constantly been struggling to find productivity out its WRs, other than 2009 when Favre was playing exceptionally.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can you judge a coach when you don't have the talent out there for them to be able to coach?

You can't expect 5th string WRs like Devin Aromashadu or Stephen Burton to be legit #1's and #2s in this league. It just don't think its going to happen.

You put the talent out there, and you let the coaches coach.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

I agree. I had hopes for many of the receivers, but it just hasn't seemed like Stewart has done a lot with them.

Here are some potential WR coaches the Vikings could look at:
David Culley - current Eagles WR coach, worked alongside Frazier in Philly
Frank Reich - ironically, he's the current Cardinals WR coach (although he could also be the QB coach)
Clyde Christensen - currently unemployed, was WR coach with Indy when Frazier was there
Ricky Proehl - currently offensive consultant with Panthers (working with WRs), but his final year as a player was with the Colts in '06.

Hire CC!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
how can you judge a coach when you don't have the talent out there for them to be able to coach?

You can't expect 5th string WRs like Devin Aromashadu or Stephen Burton to be legit #1's and #2s in this league. It just don't think its going to happen.

Name one that got better? That's his job, to make them better.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Name one that got better? That's his job, to make them better.

I'd say Percy Harvin has improved since his rookie year, Sidney Rice improved, and atleast Jaymar Johnson improved enough to get onto the field. however for the most part, we've had a lot of guys who we signed in FA in which who have already been coached up, and you know what you got with them. I don't blame the WR coach for Berrian, Wade, Aromashadu, Greg Lewis, Camarillo, Jenkins, Moss, etc.

We still don't know what we got with Stephen Burton, Jarius Wright or Greg Childs. I don't know if any of them will be #1's or #2 WRs in the league, because its just too early.

I'm not supporting our WR coach, I'm just making a point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: