Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A case for REDBALL.... Long Post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Garrett Needs one more year. I fully expect to see a more disciplined team next year. No excuses IMO...also matts wears jean shorts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn. I want Garrett to succeed but I am still seeing the same mistakes - lack of discipline, too many penalties, too many turnovers. lack of focus i.e. not aware of down and distance, clock management, when to challenge plays etc. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but I question the level of accountability - like how is Free still starting? Those things drive me nuts. I will admit I am a fan of the fire and brimstone no nonsense coach. Have to evaluate at the end of the season.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind boggling, some of the responses.

Benched Dez and Jones from special teams. Greatly reduced ogletrees role, inserting Harris and beastly much more often. Magically dez is running good routes, there has been little to no miscommunication in the passing game. But if he doesn't sit free, well damn it he is a powder puff cake.

Wade did awesome the year he had parcells team... every year after that the team got progressively worse. There's no correlation there at all. I bet you believe in Switzer too.

First 4-5 weeks: rob is amazing!! Fire red and make him hc!! Top 3 def in the league!!!

Rat, church, lee, carter all get hurt

ROB SUX!! FIRE HIM, HE IS OVERRATED TRASH!!! HIS ENTIRE FAMILY IS THE STUPIDZZZ!!!

Is this seriously how some people in the world think?

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpeg

**exaggeration for effect**
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would argue that this team is now a collection of impassioned fighters. While everyone here always loses hope after the first score - we always seems to be in games late. We don't give up. We don't quit. We are resilient.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - two more thoughts:

Does anyone else realize that virtually every good player on our team was developed by parcells or red? There are almost no good players on our team that were drafted and developed under wade Phillips. Think about what that means in terms of roster and garrets personal decisions.

Secondly - do you remember how we choked away alto of games in the 4th last year? Do you think that Garrett has improved the conditioning and/or mentality of this team?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - two more thoughts:

Does anyone else realize that virtually every good player on our team was developed by parcells or red? There are almost no good players on our team that were drafted and developed under wade Phillips. Think about what that means in terms of roster and garrets personal decisions.

Secondly - do you remember how we choked away alto of games in the 4th last year? Do you think that Garrett has improved the conditioning and/or mentality of this team?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit- I wasn't disagreeing about mid round picks. I was saying its crazy talk to say that we have sucked on those rounds when he has only been here 2 years and he has hit on a couple guys. Gotta give players and coaches more time to develop.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I would argue that this team is now a collection of impassioned fighters. While everyone here always loses hope after the first score - we always seems to be in games late. We don't give up. We don't quit. We are resilient.

Which is exactly what an RKG is. It's not about morality or a clean locker room nearly as much as it is about guys who love football, competition, and being a cowboy. Whatever else you may think about Garrett, there can be no question in this team's heart, nor that the change therein is a direct reflection of the coach's philosophy.

By many people's definition, that qualifies as an identity.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So matts, at which aspect of "coaching" does Garrett excel? It's obvious not discipline, game management or play calling. What is it about Garrett's coaching that would make him a better coach than Sean Payton, Jon Gruden or even Andy Reid?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Hit- I wasn't disagreeing about mid round picks. I was saying its crazy talk to say that we have sucked on those rounds when he has only been here 2 years and he has hit on a couple guys. Gotta give players and coaches more time to develop.

Much more importantly, look at the results of our six 1st and second rounders the last few years. Out of six picks we've gotten five players who are going to be good to great for the next several years-- at cornerstone positions, too.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
So matts, at which aspect of "coaching" does Garrett excel? It's obvious not discipline, game management or play calling. What is it about Garrett's coaching that would make him a better coach than Sean Payton, Jon Gruden or even Andy Reid?

Player development, personnel, leadership, conditioning, mental toughness. That's why he needs an oc for the other things.

Auto correct, ftl..

Last edited by Matts4313 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk just drop kicked some fools right in their brain with his left foot of knowledge.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Player development, personnel, leadership, conditioning, mental toughness. That's why he needs an oc for the other things.

Auto correct, ftl..

So, really, you are basically saying you want Garrett to be the GM and run the offseason conditioning program. Nothing about actual coaching.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying he wants Garrett to be the head coach and give up OC duties, which is a common desire. I believe Garrett himself has alluded to that being the plan with Callahan.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Auto correct, ftl..

So, really, you are basically saying you want Garrett to be the GM and run the offseason conditioning program. Nothing about actual coaching.

Yeah, I want him to be the leader of the franchise... though I don't think gms do anything with player development, leadership, or the mental toughness.

I have a question - do those attributes remind you of any other Dallas hc?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: