Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A case for REDBALL.... Long Post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
How Garrett gets this team ready for a game 24 hours before a disaster and tragedy will tell a lot about how he can motivate this team and keep them focused.

Not really. If Romeo crennel can do it... It's not saying much honestly. How the team responds over the next four games will be telling.

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
How Garrett gets this team ready for a game 24 hours before a disaster and tragedy will tell a lot about how he can motivate this team and keep them focused.

Not really. If Romeo crennel can do it... It's not saying much honestly. How the team responds over the next four games will be telling.

The Chiefs were going against the Panthers, not a hot team on a 4 game winning streak with a real shot at playoffs.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
There are rules and regulations that the coaches have to follow when dealing with players. Two days out from gameday, these guys are pretty much on their own. I am sure that the night before a game, Garrett does have a curfew set for players.

Slam, you are grasping at straws in an attempt to further bash Garrett. It's honestly pathetic.

I'll tell you what's pathetic... It's pathetic that people are so desperate to buy what they are being sold that they'll believe anything. People want to believe there's cultural change so they ignore 2 major off the field incidents in 6 months. Or worse, they make up dumbarse excuses like... Jason Garrett didn't draft Brent or Dez. Lets me guess, Garrett can't be blamed for a terrible OL because he didn't draft Free, livings, Cook or Burninduece, right? At a certain point are going to have to realized Garrett is coaching the least disciplined team in the NFL with enormous roster holes on the OL, that's $20m over the 2013 cap with 9 players that still need to be counted against the cap, and is has had 2 major off the filled incidents in the past 6 months. People want to believe Garrett is moving in right direction that the blatantly ignore the signs of the wrong direction slapping them in the face. And that's effing pathetic.

Its funny that you call Dez's issue a "major off the field incident" now.. after you spent all offseason destroying the moms credibility. Much like your own...

Laughing

Its all I can do now-a-days when I read your post.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
How many article, how much talk, was there from 2008-2010 about the lack of leadership? About the entitled persona coming from valley ranch? About how this team thought they could walk on to a field and the other guys would just lay down?

Do you still see those articles being written? Do you think there is a reason for that?

Garrett on RKG:

Quote:
Jason Garrett said, after being asked about the Cowboys' draft philosophy that year, that the "most important thing is we talk about what it means to be a Dallas Cowboy, the kind of guys we want on our football team....they’re the Right Kind Of Guys." He later defined the term: in addition to being talented players, RKGs "love to play football and show you that they love it each and every day." Moreover, they play with "passion, enthusiasm, emotion."

Garrett went on to acknowledge several of the qualities that makes a player an RKG. One of them is leadership

eventually, there should be a tipping point, a moment where these hard-working, tough-minded youngsters who have grown up together, challenging each other in the weight room, on the practice field and in the huddle, will suddenly, collectively, be the better for it.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/29/2985590/dallas-cowboys-draft-philosophy-two-years-of-right-kind-of-guys

Murray and Lee butt heads

Quote:
“We’re looking for the right kind of guy,” he said. “The right kind of guy, to us, is someone who loves to play football, who is very passionate about it, willing to work hard at it, willing to be part of a team, willing to be part of something that is maybe greater than himself.

“We want a guy who has an ego. Egos are important.
But ego in the context of what we’re trying to accomplish as a team. Guys who are willing to work, are great teammates – there’s always going to be a place for those guys.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/03/garrett-describes-the-right-kind-of-guy-and-says-ego-is-part-of-it.html#storylink=cpy

Quote:
Especially when we're talking about the bottom 30 players on a roster.

How much do you study? How important is winning? Where is football on your priority list? How hard do you play?

Give me a good player who gives supreme effort every snap over a supremely talented player who plays when he feels like it. We all know Albert Haynesworth is one of the most physically gifted players in the game, but don't be surprised if he spends this season at home.

Teams are tired of begging the defensive tackle to play.

Garrett is changing this team's soft mindset and the silly sense of entitlement that runs through it one player at a time.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7939200/dallas-cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-molds-team-own-overachieving-image

Just a bump....

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best case for Redball...despite all the injuries, all the shortcomings and now the distractions Dallas is 4-1 in last 5 games and are in the playoff hunt.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, they are one giants road loss against teams with a combined 20-6 record from controlling their own destiny.

That's simply mind boggling.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
In fact, they are one giants road loss against teams with a combined 20-6 record from controlling their own destiny.

That's simply mind boggling.

Just imagine what we can do after another off-season and with an upgraded offensive line.

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been. I keep hearing that this is a really deep class.

Believe it or not, I actually have hope for Arkin as well, based on his growth at center in the preseason.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I have been. I keep hearing that this is a really deep class.

Believe it or not, I actually have hope for Arkin as well, based on his growth at center in the preseason.

You're not the only one who is still high on Arkin. Be prepared to be called a loon for that belief, though. Laughing

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect to be.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Best case for Redball...despite all the injuries, all the shortcomings and now the distractions Dallas is 4-1 in last 5 games and are in the playoff hunt.

They had a similar stretch last year before collapsing. Dallas will be favored at home the next 2 weeks. The team has yet to play 4 quarters of good football in any game this season. IMO Dallas needs to win the next 2 home games. Otherwise it will be just another disappointing season marred by lack of discipline and poor execution... An average team who played hard enough to win some games but played stupid enough to lose as well.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

They had a similar stretch last year before collapsing. Dallas will be favored at home the next 2 weeks. The team has yet to play 4 quarters of good football in any game this season. IMO Dallas needs to win the next 2 home games. Otherwise it will be just another disappointing season marred by lack of discipline and poor execution... An average team who played hard enough to win some games but played stupid enough to lose as well.

Yeah, there is nothing to argue against there, but I have to say given the injuries, the miserable OL play, and for the most part little to no running game, it could be said that Dallas has played above the heads.

I have to give Garrett some credit for that. This team could...and maybe should be a 6 win team.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I can't imagine us being favored in any game left this season. Especially if Rat is again out. Too many injuries to ignore - not using it as an excuse - but when placing bets in Vegas I can't imagine that not being taken into consideration. Although we are a very different team when Murray plays.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Yeah, there is nothing to argue against there, but I have to say given the injuries, the miserable OL play, and for the most part little to no running game, it could be said that Dallas has played above the heads.

I have to give Garrett some credit for that. This team could...and maybe should be a 6 win team.

They certainly played above their heads today. As far as the injuries go, frankly, the team never played well when healthy. So, I'm not ready to give them the injury excuse. Hell, they actually played better today despite the injuries than they played early in the season or following the bye week.

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I can't imagine us being favored in any game left this season. Especially if Rat is again out. Too many injuries to ignore - not using it as an excuse - but when placing bets in Vegas I can't imagine that not being taken into consideration. Although we are a very different team when Murray plays.

The official lines aren't out yet, but they said on the radio that Dallas will open as a 1 point favorite next week but could down to a pick em.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: