Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A case for REDBALL.... Long Post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
Very good source tells me that Saints owner Tom Benson would sue league for millions if Sean Payton allowed to leave for Dallas or elsewhere

https://twitter.com/edwerderespn/status/277135740255748096

Odd. I didn't think this had legs.

He probably would have a case too. But it wouldnt stop me from going after him if I am a GM Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
Very good source tells me that Saints owner Tom Benson would sue league for millions if Sean Payton allowed to leave for Dallas or elsewhere

He probably would have a case too. But it wouldnt stop me from going after him if I am a GM Laughing

Maybe I missed this somewhere along the line...you're making a case for Redball...but would replace him with Payton if given the chance. Why?

I know all about both coaches, but why change? We've been down this road so many times. Results haven't changed.

Does nobody think Dallas has to get some stability at HC, regardless of who is available?

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Maybe I missed this somewhere along the line...you're making a case for Redball...but would replace him with Payton if given the chance. Why?

I know all about both coaches, but why change? We've been down this road so many times. Results haven't changed.

Does nobody think Dallas has to get some stability at HC, regardless of who is available?

I know this was meant for Matts, but I have a take on this.

Part of the reason why I am a supporter of Redball is because I am tired of the constant change for the sake of change. I think Redball has done enough to earn a second full-off-season.

Payton, however, is the one wayward son I would be willing to jump ship for. I love what he has done, and I am a massive fan of his coaching tree. I think if we went with Payton (which I am not convince actually has traction) it would be one step back - because of yet another switch - but two steps forward.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I know this was meant for Matts, but I have a take on this.

Part of the reason why I am a supporter of Redball is because I am tired of the constant change for the sake of change. I think Redball has done enough to earn a second full-off-season.

Payton, however, is the one wayward son I would be willing to jump ship for. I love what he has done, and I am a massive fan of his coaching tree. I think if we went with Payton (which I am not convince actually has traction) it would be one step back - because of yet another switch - but two steps forward.

Obviously, Payton has the pedigree and a SB ring to his name, so from that standpoint, it seems a no-brainer/ Plus, I really like the guy, but I wholeheartedly hate the idea of another coaching change at this point.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

I didnt mean just the Cowboys GM.. I mean if I am a GM for like 28 out of 32 teams... there are a lot of teams that would be bettered by Payton... Yes - the Cowboys being one of them.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue with the discussion as to lack of 1st qt points. Here is Broaddus take:
Quote:
@DatDudeRFS: @BryanBroaddus is reason we cant score in 1h bc dez doesnt get touches or absence of Murray? Execution has been damn poor. -- Bryan Broaddus (@BryanBroaddus)

In Redball I Trust!

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

I didnt mean just the Cowboys GM.. I mean if I am a GM for like 28 out of 32 teams... there are a lot of teams that would be bettered by Payton... Yes - the Cowboys being one of them.

Ok, so I don't understand how you can make a case for Red on one hand, while on the other ready to part ways with him. You've been defending him for the past blah, blah pages.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd fire him for Billy b or mike McCarthy too..

But in the real world, I hope we stick with Garrett long enough to see him become a Superbowl winning HC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd fire him for Billy b or mike McCarthy too..

But in the real world, I hope we stick with Garrett long enough to see him become a Superbowl winning HC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
To continue with the discussion as to lack of 1st qt points. Here is Broaddus take:
Quote:
@DatDudeRFS: @BryanBroaddus is reason we cant score in 1h bc dez doesnt get touches or absence of Murray? Execution has been damn poor. -- Bryan Broaddus (@BryanBroaddus)

And to piggyback on this just a little more:

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@SteveVG19: wouldn't you agree that 90% or more of our offensive issues come from poor play of the O-line? Drops? Routes? Vision of backs?

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@rkken2902: execution issues more about coaching, player talent, or player effort? Poor routes..over throws.. miss blocks..coaching?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the "talk" of change of culture... This feels like The Dwayne Goodrich/Dave Campo era about right now.

Talk is cheap. 2 nights before the most important game of the season to date DUI manslaughter happens on garrett's watch.

This is very disappointing.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
For all the "talk" of change of culture... This feels like The Dwayne Goodrich/Dave Campo era about right now.

Talk is cheap. 2 nights before the most important game of the season to date DUI manslaughter happens on garrett's watch.

One event in the entire 2 1/2 years Garrett has been the head coach, and by a player brought in under Wade....really, Slam?

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

One event in the entire 2 1/2 years Garrett has been the head coach, and by a player brought in under Wade....really, Slam?

Yeah, you can't hold what Brent did against Garrett, unless he decides not to release him. If he keeps Brent on the roster, it undermines all the RKG talk. If that happens, I will support the firing of Garrett.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? 2 players go drinking and driving at 2:20 in the AM 2 nights before the biggest game of the season... And Garrett has NO responsibility in this? Guys take off the Silver and Blue glasses. This a tragedy. But it's a preventable, disciplinary tragedy. This is Conclusive proof that Garrett's severe lack of discipline has carried on beyond the football field.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WTF? 2 players go drinking and driving at 2:20 in the AM 2 nights before the biggest game of the season... And Garrett has NO responsibility in this? Guys take off the Silver and Blue glasses. This a tragedy. But it's a preventable, disciplinary tragedy. This is Conclusive proof that Garrett's severe lack of discipline has carried on beyond the football field.

You are absolutely shameless.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: