Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A case for REDBALL.... Long Post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Best case for Redball...despite all the injuries, all the shortcomings and now the distractions Dallas is 4-1 in last 5 games and are in the playoff hunt.

They had a similar stretch last year before collapsing. Dallas will be favored at home the next 2 weeks. The team has yet to play 4 quarters of good football in any game this season. IMO Dallas needs to win the next 2 home games. Otherwise it will be just another disappointing season marred by lack of discipline and poor execution... An average team who played hard enough to win some games but played stupid enough to lose as well.

I can't imagine us being favored in any game left this season. Especially if Rat is again out. Too many injuries to ignore - not using it as an excuse - but when placing bets in Vegas I can't imagine that not being taken into consideration. Although we are a very different team when Murray plays.

The official lines aren't out yet, but they said on the radio that Dallas will open as a 1 point favorite next week but could down to a pick em.

Honestly. I am shocked.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's look for a minute at what the Redskins are doing. Shannahan has fully implemented his ZBS. In 3 years, the Redskins now have one of the best running games in the NFL. They have some wide receivers with world class speed and a QB who can throw deep. They suck defenses in to stop the run and then the challenge defenses over the top with their speedy WRs. They are doing this damage with a rookie QB and rookie RB. They obviously need to upgrade their pass defense but getting orakpo back will help with that. But, the franchise has a clear direction for years to come. They have a clear game plan.

What is the direction that Garrett has moving toward? What is he building toward? We all agree the team plays hard for Garrett, but to what end? Shannahan has a clear direction in 3 years. Garrett has been in charge of the offense for 6 years. Why is it that we are no closer to figuring out Garrett's direction than we were 5 years ago? If we are being honest... The direction under Garrett is relying on Romo to come from behind late. That's not a game plan. Garrett doesn't give a pre game speech and tell the team... "okay, guys, here's what we are going to do... I want you guys to suck for 3 quarters, play sloppy, turn the ball over, and commit all the penalties you can. Then, in the 4th quarter, we are going to turn Tony lose."

Where should a skeptic like me expect improvement? And what do you base that expectation upon? For example, if you tell me the OL is going to be better and Dallas will be a ruining team, you have to justify it.

htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slam, Garrett has only been the Head Coach for 2 full seasons. It took Shanahan 3 to get his ship turned around. Why can't you give Garrett the same amount of time? Before you start in with the tired "Garrett has been running the Offense for 6 years" argument, anything Garrett did as Offensive Coordinator under Wade Phillips is irrelevant in regards to what he is now doing as the Head Coach. No matter how much you want to blame Garrett for the lack of success while Phillips was the Head Coach, the bottom line is that Garrett has only been making the Head Coaching decisions for 37 games now. He has only had 1 full offseason as the Head Coach. Give the man time to actually get some ish done. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Cowboys Forum Ring of Honor Class of 2013
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Slam, Garrett has only been the Head Coach for 2 full seasons. It took Shanahan 3 to get his ship turned around. Why can't you give Garrett the same amount of time? Before you start in with the tired "Garrett has been running the Offense for 6 years" argument, anything Garrett did as Offensive Coordinator under Wade Phillips is irrelevant in regards to what he is now doing as the Head Coach. No matter how much you want to blame Garrett for the lack of success while Phillips was the Head Coach, the bottom line is that Garrett has only been making the Head Coaching decisions for 37 games now. He has only had 1 full offseason as the Head Coach. Give the man time to actually get some ish done. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Are you saying that Wade exercised ANY degree of control over the offense? If so, what do you base that on. Wade repeatedly said that Garrett coached the offense with complete autonomy. Why shouldn't those years count against Garrett when we are talking about offensive "direction?"

And I know you are not saying that Garrett was not on board with offensive players drafted or traded for. Garrett gave press conference where he praised the selection of Felix Jones. Garrett was completely on board with Roy Williams trade.

Just look at the OL he has drafted... Martin, Free, Brewster, Young, Arkin, etc. unless the player was drafted in the top 9 picks, he has shown no ability to develop OL. Same with his FA signings. Why should I expect different anytime in the near future? Changing OL coach did NOT help BTW.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Let's look for a minute at what the Redskins are doing. Shannahan has fully implemented his ZBS. In 3 years, the Redskins now have one of the best running games in the NFL. They have some wide receivers with world class speed and a QB who can throw deep. They suck defenses in to stop the run and then the challenge defenses over the top with their speedy WRs. They are doing this damage with a rookie QB and rookie RB. They obviously need to upgrade their pass defense but getting orakpo back will help with that. But, the franchise has a clear direction for years to come. They have a clear game plan.

You know what else Master Disciplinarian Shannahan has done in his 3rd year as HC of the Skins? Just lead his team to 105 penalties which happens to lead the league. We are 2nd and I also think its worth noting that Jeff Fisher's squad is 3rd with 99.

Since we're so keen on comparing Garrett to other notably good/great HCs, I thought it was worth noting. Actually, the other 2 head coaches in the bottom five of penalties along with us, Wash, and St. Louis? The Harbaugh bros.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

You know what else Master Disciplinarian Shannahan has done in his 3rd year as HC of the Skins? Just lead his team to 105 penalties which happens to lead the league. We are 2nd and I also think its worth noting that Jeff Fisher's squad is 3rd with 99.

Since we're so keen on comparing Garrett to other notably good/great HCs, I thought it was worth noting. Actually, the other 2 head coaches in the bottom five of penalties along with us, Wash, and St. Louis? The Harbaugh bros.

How about the 7-6 records are identical? Shanahan is not doing any better of a job than Garrett. AND he had an extra year.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks this will make lots of people unhappy.

http://youtu.be/kMtqaQYR29c

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Me thinks this will make lots of people unhappy.

http://youtu.be/kMtqaQYR29c

I actually agree with Glazier that Garrett did well last week. For me, it's more about the previous 5 YEARS.

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I agree with everything that Matts and Des said. Garrett is building a team that will have sustained success. No, we aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year and probably not even next year. That's okay though. I don't have to have immediate results. I want our team to be built into an every year contender, not a flash in the pan, one year wonder.

I have confidence that if Jason Garrett gives up the OC duties and focuses solely on the HC position, he can be 1 of the top 3 HC's in team history. He is a smart, yet inexperienced coach. He is going to make mistakes, but given enough time, he will do more right than wrong.

I like the direction the roster is headed. Like Matts and Des said, each offseason under Garrett, the team has focused on fixing the part of the roster that was the biggest problem. I'm sure that will continue this next offseason with an overhaul of the o-line.

I have confidence that Jason Garrett is the right guy to lead the Dallas Cowboys, as long as he gives up the OC duties. If he does that, he has my complete and total support.

Andrew tell your dad you want to wear the colors of Royalty. Purple n Gold.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa, welcome to the forum!

Your avatar is just a little bit oversized, so I went ahead and resized it for you.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2819fgm.png

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
htfryar wrote:
I agree with everything that Matts and Des said. Garrett is building a team that will have sustained success. No, we aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year and probably not even next year. That's okay though. I don't have to have immediate results. I want our team to be built into an every year contender, not a flash in the pan, one year wonder.

I have confidence that if Jason Garrett gives up the OC duties and focuses solely on the HC position, he can be 1 of the top 3 HC's in team history. He is a smart, yet inexperienced coach. He is going to make mistakes, but given enough time, he will do more right than wrong.

I like the direction the roster is headed. Like Matts and Des said, each offseason under Garrett, the team has focused on fixing the part of the roster that was the biggest problem. I'm sure that will continue this next offseason with an overhaul of the o-line.

I have confidence that Jason Garrett is the right guy to lead the Dallas Cowboys, as long as he gives up the OC duties. If he does that, he has my complete and total support.

Andrew tell your dad you want to wear the colors of Royalty. Purple n Gold.

He will wear purple and gold. The local highschool, the Fountain Lake Cobras, wear those colors. If he wants to wear those colors at the college level, I'll send him to Ouachita Baptist University here in Arkansas, the alma mater of former Cowboys All Pro Cliff Harris.

Cowboys Forum Ring of Honor Class of 2013
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt

Quote:
Mute the Sean Payton hope/hype. Jason Garrett is building his reputation/solidifying his job right before your disbelieving eyes. #Cowboys

True enough. First time in over a decade that the Cowboys will have a winning record in December. Last time for those keeping score at home: 2001.

In Redball I Trust!
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG is making me a believer. Still makes some boneheaded play calls, but he has this team believing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its obvious this guy is a motivator. Its hard to imagine this team being where they are without so many key players. Props to Garrett, for preparing his team.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota

Quote:
Murray on Jason Garrett: "He keeps us level-headed. He's a great head coach and he's smart. We definitely love him and we believe in him."

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: