Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Hmm... would erase the need to overdraft a DE in the top of the draft. I liked him last year coming out in the draft. Maybe a third day pick for him?

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer expects DE/OLB Vinny Curry to be on the trade block during the draft.
Curry was drafted in the second round last year to 4-3, edge-rushing defensive end. Now that the Eagles are shifting to a 3-4, there's been whispers that his roster spot isn't safe. Beat writer Jeff McLane says GM Howie Roseman would likely want a mid-round pick for Curry.

I agree I would love to see us add him, however I would offer a future pick. Curry barely active last season let alone playing. Now the Eagles were deep at DE but still. Offer a conditional 5th in 2014 and if Curry plays a certain number of snaps it can become a 4th.

I am hesitant to give up a future pick, especially since the team will not receive any comp picks next year in all likelihood since they signed so many free agents this year. Why not give them a 4th, 5th or 6th this year and call it a day? Curry was a 2nd round pick last year, giving them a 3 day pick this year would be a steal IMO.

Hey I understand what you are saying but I am from around Philly and I watch every eagles game. Curry has been a disappointment, the fact that he could not beat out Darryl Tapp and Philip Hunt for playing time. I would be hesitant to give up much maybe our 5th but that would be as high as I would go. He is talented but with the atrocious play of the Eagles DEs last year he had his shot to earn playing time and he ended up with only 9 tackles on the season.

Understood, but maybe a change in scheme will help him? The wide 9 defense is not for everyone. He was pretty good at Marshall and I think he would be a good rotational piece with Morgan, Wimbley & Pupati.

Well the Eagles did change the scheme at the end of the season after Castillo and Washburn were fired. I think he does have potential and I would have no problem going after him. I am very concerned about the depth of our DE position, because I have no faith that Ropati can play the 4-3 DE, he is way too big. So if we could get Curry for our 5th I am game. Even if we get Curry though I think we still need to draft a DE at some point.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Hmm... would erase the need to overdraft a DE in the top of the draft. I liked him last year coming out in the draft. Maybe a third day pick for him?

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer expects DE/OLB Vinny Curry to be on the trade block during the draft.
Curry was drafted in the second round last year to 4-3, edge-rushing defensive end. Now that the Eagles are shifting to a 3-4, there's been whispers that his roster spot isn't safe. Beat writer Jeff McLane says GM Howie Roseman would likely want a mid-round pick for Curry.

I agree I would love to see us add him, however I would offer a future pick. Curry barely active last season let alone playing. Now the Eagles were deep at DE but still. Offer a conditional 5th in 2014 and if Curry plays a certain number of snaps it can become a 4th.

I am hesitant to give up a future pick, especially since the team will not receive any comp picks next year in all likelihood since they signed so many free agents this year. Why not give them a 4th, 5th or 6th this year and call it a day? Curry was a 2nd round pick last year, giving them a 3 day pick this year would be a steal IMO.

Hey I understand what you are saying but I am from around Philly and I watch every eagles game. Curry has been a disappointment, the fact that he could not beat out Darryl Tapp and Philip Hunt for playing time. I would be hesitant to give up much maybe our 5th but that would be as high as I would go. He is talented but with the atrocious play of the Eagles DEs last year he had his shot to earn playing time and he ended up with only 9 tackles on the season.

Understood, but maybe a change in scheme will help him? The wide 9 defense is not for everyone. He was pretty good at Marshall and I think he would be a good rotational piece with Morgan, Wimbley & Ropati.

Well the Eagles did change the scheme at the end of the season after Castillo and Washburn were fired. I think he does have potential and I would have no problem going after him. I am very concerned about the depth of our DE position, because I have no faith that Ropati can play the 4-3 DE, he is way too big. So if we could get Curry for our 5th I am game. Even if we get Curry though I think we still need to draft a DE at some point.

Well Ropati is going to set the edge in the 4-3 and move down in the 3-4 to end. I think he can set the edge in the run game and free up Wimbley & Ayers to rush the passer. I agree they need to get another pure pass rushing DE in the draft and IMO that guy could be Vinny. I would be completely fine if they got him for a 5th. He was more productive at Marshall than some of the guys projected to come off the board in the 1st round this year. Looking at you Ziggy & KiKi.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRBxEONrIE

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I wouldn't mind a trade for Curry. Maybe a 5 or 6 in next years draft.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinnie Curry was my favourite player last year.

Bring him in!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Every year watching the draft a player falls to the Titans who I would absolutely love to draft (usually in later rounds, too)

Who's it gonna be this year? I could see Warford falling right in our laps in second round, and we draft a RB or something very odd.

I would agree, but not a RB I could see us go WR very early or even TE

With Webster saying we aren't going to deal Nate Washington, you still think a WR that high is a possibility? Or do you expect us to cut Washington?

We need to plan for the contingency that Britt walks after next season. I think that Nate will also be gone after this season as well because I find it difficult that we will pay him almost $5M if he doesn't have a great season. Also Damien Williams and Mariani are FAs after this season and Hawk wont be retained. So under contract for 2014 are Wright and Wash (at $4.8M), do you feel comfortable with that? That is my concern for the future, I think Britt may pull a "Cook" and look elsewhere for a big pay day. Plus we were really pushing hard to add a WR in FA so one would think that it would be a target early. I am just torn on the type of WR that we would look at, do we target a player like Justin Hunter to replace Britt or go the route of a slot receiver? I would love to see us take a chance on Markus Wheaton, but Ryan Swope or Stedman Bailey could be options as well. When all is said and done I would not be a surprise to see us end up with two receivers in this draft whether that is 2 WRs or 1 WR and 1 TE.

Yeah we'll definitely need WRs for next season, I just wasn't sure if you felt drafting them now is the best option or if it would be best to wait til next year.

Hopefully Britt finally straightens up/stays healthy and Wright continues to develop and we won't have to worry about finding #1 or #2 receivers, just depth. With us planning on keeping Washington this year, I didn't figure on us taking one earlier than 4th or 5th round.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Every year watching the draft a player falls to the Titans who I would absolutely love to draft (usually in later rounds, too)

Who's it gonna be this year? I could see Warford falling right in our laps in second round, and we draft a RB or something very odd.

With Webster saying we aren't going to deal Nate Washington, you still think a WR that high is a possibility? Or do you expect us to cut Washington?

We need to plan for the contingency that Britt walks after next season. I think that Nate will also be gone after this season as well because I find it difficult that we will pay him almost $5M if he doesn't have a great season. Also Damien Williams and Mariani are FAs after this season and Hawk wont be retained. So under contract for 2014 are Wright and Wash (at $4.8M), do you feel comfortable with that? That is my concern for the future, I think Britt may pull a "Cook" and look elsewhere for a big pay day. Plus we were really pushing hard to add a WR in FA so one would think that it would be a target early. I am just torn on the type of WR that we would look at, do we target a player like Justin Hunter to replace Britt or go the route of a slot receiver? I would love to see us take a chance on Markus Wheaton, but Ryan Swope or Stedman Bailey could be options as well. When all is said and done I would not be a surprise to see us end up with two receivers in this draft whether that is 2 WRs or 1 WR and 1 TE.

Yeah we'll definitely need WRs for next season, I just wasn't sure if you felt drafting them now is the best option or if it would be best to wait til next year.

Hopefully Britt finally straightens up/stays healthy and Wright continues to develop and we won't have to worry about finding #1 or #2 receivers, just depth. With us planning on keeping Washington this year, I didn't figure on us taking one earlier than 4th or 5th round.

The thing is this year there are a ton of WRs in this draft with great potential. Who knows how many will be in next year.

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

The thing is this year there are a ton of WRs in this draft with great potential. Who knows how many will be in next year.

Much more top heavy than this draft with Lee and Watkins.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

Much more top heavy than this draft with Lee and Watkins.

I really dont like either of those two so maybe that is why I am cynical about next season. I mean how many times can you say that there are 15 or more WRs that are 3rd round or better prospects.

Props to Kempes ^
capton cutclass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw an article saying Dez Bryant said Tyrann Mathieu is the best player in the draft. I began thinking he reminds me a little bit of Finnegan. TBH...idk if i'd be willing to go after a guy who has had that many red flags...but at a certain point in the draft bygones are bygones and you got to take a chance on a guy. I think the fact that Les Miles kicked him off of the team should have sent a strong signal to the kid to get his act together and shows him that he is not irreplaceable. On the other hand he could have easily done the total opposite and said to himself. Bye-bye LSU. Hello NFL and the unlucky team that drafts me. Being a realist though I have to imagine the whole situation puts a hurting on his pocketbook...and I know those players looking to earn their weight in gold can be incredible playmakers up until payday. Look at Haynesworth & countless other examples.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I was just curious how everyone feels. If he were to fall to us in the 3rd I'd have to think about it.

Phillies 2008 + 2009 National League Champs
Congrats CJ2K!
RIP Steve McNair
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capton cutclass wrote:
Just saw an article saying Dez Bryant said Tyrann Mathieu is the best player in the draft. I began thinking he reminds me a little bit of Finnegan. TBH...idk if i'd be willing to go after a guy who has had that many red flags...but at a certain point in the draft bygones are bygones and you got to take a chance on a guy. I think the fact that Les Miles kicked him off of the team should have sent a strong signal to the kid to get his act together and shows him that he is not irreplaceable. On the other hand he could have easily done the total opposite and said to himself. Bye-bye LSU. Hello NFL and the unlucky team that drafts me. Being a realist though I have to imagine the whole situation puts a hurting on his pocketbook...and I know those players looking to earn their weight in gold can be incredible playmakers up until payday. Look at Haynesworth & countless other examples.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I was just curious how everyone feels. If he were to fall to us in the 3rd I'd have to think about it.

If he's there for our 2nd 3rd, I'd give him a shot. Who are some LSU players that are pro-bowl NFL players. I couldn't think of any.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
capton cutclass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
capton cutclass wrote:

If he's there for our 2nd 3rd, I'd give him a shot. Who are some LSU players that are pro-bowl NFL players. I couldn't think of any.

IDK but Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne. LSU got a good pedigree of corners. Tyrann had to compete with some of the best corners we've seen come out in recent years. He was a top 5 Hiesman pick.

Phillies 2008 + 2009 National League Champs
Congrats CJ2K!
RIP Steve McNair
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 3 guys id be really pissed if you took would be:

Xavier Rhodes
Chance Warmack
Geno Smith

So enjoy 1 of them because im sure i will be pissed at your pick like i am every year

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Xavier Rhodes
Chance Warmack
Geno Smith

So enjoy 1 of them because im sure i will be pissed at your pick like i am every year

I hate being right every year

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Xavier Rhodes
Chance Warmack
Geno Smith

I hate being right every year

I was waiting for your list. One of the things I look forward to as the draft nears. Maybe we will get Rhodes in the second. Wink

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62

Jump to: