Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
BigG13 wrote:
If we do take a corner at #10(and assuming Milliner is still on the board) which one would you take?

Banks. That's it.

Banks had a very large drop off in play last year. That concerns me a bit. Apparently concerns most scouts too, considering I haven't seen any analyst who has him ranked higher than a 2nd round prospect. If this were 2011 Jonathan Banks we were guaranteed to get, then he'd easily be the top CB prospect...but 2012 Banks I don't want to touch anywhere near #10 overall.

Confused No he really didn't. The only reason everyone dropped him was a poor combine. Before the combine, he was right up there with Milliner on pretty much every mock as the top CB. I'll take Banks over any CB in this draft.

A poor combine doesn't drop a player that far. Not from by far the best CB in the nation in 2011 to a 2nd round pick after 2012.

I watched him quite a bit over the season. He got beat far more often, wasn't the shutdown CB he was in 2011. Some argue his counterpart, Darius Slay, was actually the better of the two for MSU last year. I don't agree with that myself, but it's not such a rare opinion.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Mike Mayock has quite the pull, doesn't he, Dionysus? I don't remember anyone ever talking about Hayden in regards to first round prospect until Mayock said he was. Like you said, most looked at him as like a 3rd, maybe 2nd round type of guy. Laughing

Yeah, I got to give Mayock his due. Before he put in his two cents, Hayden didn't look like he was even on the draft board. Then out of nowhere, he became Leon Sandcastle 2.0.
I believe Hayden has an under-the-table deal with Mayock to break him off some of those 1st round dividends.
Very Happy
coleman51

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year watching the draft a player falls to the Titans who I would absolutely love to draft (usually in later rounds, too)

Who's it gonna be this year? I could see Warford falling right in our laps in second round, and we draft a RB or something very odd.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Every year watching the draft a player falls to the Titans who I would absolutely love to draft (usually in later rounds, too)

Who's it gonna be this year? I could see Warford falling right in our laps in second round, and we draft a RB or something very odd.

I would agree, but not a RB I could see us go WR very early or even TE

Props to Kempes ^
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

With Webster saying we aren't going to deal Nate Washington, you still think a WR that high is a possibility? Or do you expect us to cut Washington?
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly just don't get the Banks love. He just wasn't that good this season. And pretty much every statistic I read and Cosell (who I probably listen to more than any other draft "expert) feels, as do I, that Slay is the better option.

If we take a corner that's not Millner, I'm hoping it's Rhodes. Wouldn't love it at #10, but I think he's got what it takes to be a damn good starter.

Found this, not going to take everything to be super important, but still worth a look:

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/18/cbs-1/

Edit:: Found the quote I was looking for from KC Joyner.

Quote:
Banks had a double-digit YPA last year, which was doubly surprising given that Darius Slay was in the 5-6 YPA range on the other side.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

With Webster saying we aren't going to deal Nate Washington, you still think a WR that high is a possibility? Or do you expect us to cut Washington?

We need to plan for the contingency that Britt walks after next season. I think that Nate will also be gone after this season as well because I find it difficult that we will pay him almost $5M if he doesn't have a great season. Also Damien Williams and Mariani are FAs after this season and Hawk wont be retained. So under contract for 2014 are Wright and Wash (at $4.8M), do you feel comfortable with that? That is my concern for the future, I think Britt may pull a "Cook" and look elsewhere for a big pay day. Plus we were really pushing hard to add a WR in FA so one would think that it would be a target early. I am just torn on the type of WR that we would look at, do we target a player like Justin Hunter to replace Britt or go the route of a slot receiver? I would love to see us take a chance on Markus Wheaton, but Ryan Swope or Stedman Bailey could be options as well. When all is said and done I would not be a surprise to see us end up with two receivers in this draft whether that is 2 WRs or 1 WR and 1 TE.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I truly just don't get the Banks love. He just wasn't that good this season. And pretty much every statistic I read and Cosell (who I probably listen to more than any other draft "expert) feels, as do I, that Slay is the better option.

If we take a corner that's not Millner, I'm hoping it's Rhodes. Wouldn't love it at #10, but I think he's got what it takes to be a damn good starter.

Found this, not going to take everything to be super important, but still worth a look:

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/18/cbs-1/

Edit:: Found the quote I was looking for from KC Joyner.

Quote:
Banks had a double-digit YPA last year, which was doubly surprising given that Darius Slay was in the 5-6 YPA range on the other side.

I respect your opinion but I love Banks and I have him rated higher than Rhodes. I just do not like what I have seen of Rhodes on tape, he does not have fluid movement and he gambles way too much. Honestly I do not see him as a year one starter which IMO would make it tough to take him at #10. With that being said I wouldnt take Banks at 10 either the only corners IMO who have value at 10 are Milliner and Hayden.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T minus 10 hours until:

"With the 10th pick of the 2013 NFL draft the Tennessee Titans select..... d'oh! or Applause"

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... would erase the need to overdraft a DE in the top of the draft. I liked him last year coming out in the draft. Maybe a third day pick for him?

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer expects DE/OLB Vinny Curry to be on the trade block during the draft.
Curry was drafted in the second round last year to 4-3, edge-rushing defensive end. Now that the Eagles are shifting to a 3-4, there's been whispers that his roster spot isn't safe. Beat writer Jeff McLane says GM Howie Roseman would likely want a mid-round pick for Curry.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Hmm... would erase the need to overdraft a DE in the top of the draft. I liked him last year coming out in the draft. Maybe a third day pick for him?

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer expects DE/OLB Vinny Curry to be on the trade block during the draft.
Curry was drafted in the second round last year to 4-3, edge-rushing defensive end. Now that the Eagles are shifting to a 3-4, there's been whispers that his roster spot isn't safe. Beat writer Jeff McLane says GM Howie Roseman would likely want a mid-round pick for Curry.

I agree I would love to see us add him, however I would offer a future pick. Curry barely active last season let alone playing. Now the Eagles were deep at DE but still. Offer a conditional 5th in 2014 and if Curry plays a certain number of snaps it can become a 4th.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

I agree I would love to see us add him, however I would offer a future pick. Curry barely active last season let alone playing. Now the Eagles were deep at DE but still. Offer a conditional 5th in 2014 and if Curry plays a certain number of snaps it can become a 4th.

I am hesitant to give up a future pick, especially since the team will not receive any comp picks next year in all likelihood since they signed so many free agents this year. Why not give them a 4th, 5th or 6th this year and call it a day? Curry was a 2nd round pick last year, giving them a 3 day pick this year would be a steal IMO.

Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

I am hesitant to give up a future pick, especially since the team will not receive any comp picks next year in all likelihood since they signed so many free agents this year. Why not give them a 4th, 5th or 6th this year and call it a day? Curry was a 2nd round pick last year, giving them a 3 day pick this year would be a steal IMO.

Hey I understand what you are saying but I am from around Philly and I watch every eagles game. Curry has been a disappointment, the fact that he could not beat out Darryl Tapp and Philip Hunt for playing time. I would be hesitant to give up much maybe our 5th but that would be as high as I would go. He is talented but with the atrocious play of the Eagles DEs last year he had his shot to earn playing time and he ended up with only 9 tackles on the season.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final big board for #10:
1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Star Lotulelei
3. Chance Warmack
4. Ziggy Ansah
5. Sheldon Richardson
6. Dion Jordan
7. Sharrif Floyd
8. Dee Milliner
9. D.J. Hayden
10. Barkevious Mingo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

Hey I understand what you are saying but I am from around Philly and I watch every eagles game. Curry has been a disappointment, the fact that he could not beat out Darryl Tapp and Philip Hunt for playing time. I would be hesitant to give up much maybe our 5th but that would be as high as I would go. He is talented but with the atrocious play of the Eagles DEs last year he had his shot to earn playing time and he ended up with only 9 tackles on the season.

Understood, but maybe a change in scheme will help him? The wide 9 defense is not for everyone. He was pretty good at Marshall and I think he would be a good rotational piece with Morgan, Wimbley & Pupati.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 59 of 62

Jump to: