Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
OK guys, just one more day to go and I'm coming unglued with anticipaciton! I'm starting to sweat fried chicken grease over here.

<<< Gotta calm down, gotta calm down >>>
Pray Brick wall

"Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet...?"
Brick wall Laughing

I hear ya. Cannot..wait...till...tomorrow...head...exploding....

All these last minute injections. Fluker wha?? Floyd? He's dropping? Now I'm hearing that Munchak is high on Cooper yet during his presser yesterday, Ruston had to remind him what Cooper's name was. Misdirection? LOL!

You noticed all of that too?! All kinds of names and various comments from our FO on positions of interest flying around the last few days. With the talent in this draft and the spot we're in, It's almost like we can shoot in any direction and hit a bullseye. We just don't know what the staff has as the top priority.
With Fisher, you pretty much knew what position we were going after and in some cases, WHO we were taking. But with Munchak and company, no clue whatsoever. Just an educated guess.
Smile Cool

Excuse me while I go back to breathing into my brown paper bag.

<<< inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale >>>

Last edited by Dionysus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Fluker being our pick doesn't make sense. If David Stewart isn't brought back after this year, why wouldn't we just let Otto take over? He's been very solid in stepping in at both T spots.

Really? I would disagree, he is a decent backup and he is also a free agent after this season.

I feel he's done really well over the years when we've needed him to step in and play. He's not as good as Stewart or Roos, but I feel he's solid enough to get by with. I don't see us letting Stewart go anyway, so long as he has a healthy season, but I don't want to draft someone who will play a position that they're likely to struggle at only so they can play a different position a year later. That gets us absolutely nowhere at right guard, and does nothing to improve our offensive line, because what's the chance Fluker will even be as good as Stewart anyway? Stewart has been arguably the best RT in the NFL the past 4 or 5 years. We don't have anyone on the roster capable of being a good starter at RG(well, Levitre would be, but then that would leave LG open, obviously). Otto is one at LT/RT, IMO.
darboga1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally believe that Fluker would make a really good guard. He is a mauler and moves pretty well. His only problem is he gets beat by speed rushers every once in a while. If you put him in a cage between the center and tackle you eliminate that problem. When he latches on, he wins. He gets push, everything we are looking for. I played both guard and tackle in college and guard is very much easier. As long as he is not a strictly finesse guy, which Fluker is not, I believe he will be a good guard.

From the tape I watched (just a few games on youtube) I have him between Warmack and Cooper with Warmack far ahead of the other two. I know everyone will think I'm crazy for that opinion, but it is my opinion and since he hasn't played guard we cannot prove either to be correct. I'm not as big on Cooper. He doesn't get as much push as I would like from our RG. And watch him against Floyd in the Florida game. He made cooper look stupid most of the times they went up against each other. Don't get me wrong i think cooper will be good, but I would rather have Warmack over Cooper.

While I'm talking about guards and since I don't usually say anything, I just read. Warmack is a beast and way better than Cooper. I don't care how athletic Cooper is. In a 3 yard box I would take Warmack all day. We have an athletic guard. Would it be nice to have 2 sure, but I couldn't pass on Warmack. He ejects people of the line of scrimmage almost every play. I will take that over a guy who pulls better any day. There's my guard rant.

P.s. I would much rather prefer Dallas Thomas over Warford if we wait til the 2nd. I see him as much better than Warford. Move better and latches on better. I see Warford slide off a lot and he does not move well IMO.

Last edited by darboga1 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also hearing DJ Hayden has risen to the 2nd CB and possible at #10.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darboga1 wrote:
I personally believe that Fluker would make a really good guard. He is a mauler and moves pretty well. His only problem is he gets beat by speed rushers every once in a while. If you put him in a cage between the center and tackle you eliminate that problem. When he latches on, he wins. He gets push, everything we are looking for. I played both guard and tackle in college and guard is very much easier. As long as he is not a strictly finesse guy, which Fluker is not, I believe he will be a good guard.

From the tape I watched (just a few games on youtube) I have him between Warmack and Cooper with Warmack far ahead of the other two. I know everyone will think I'm crazy for that opinion, but it is my opinion and since he hasn't played guard we cannot prove either to be correct. I'm not as big on Cooper. He doesn't get as much push as I would like from our RG. And watch him against Floyd in the Florida game. He made cooper look stupid most of the times they went up against each other. Don't get me wrong i think cooper will be good, but I would rather have Warmack over Cooper.

While I'm talking about guards and since I don't usually say anything, I just read. Warmack is a beast and way better than Cooper. I don't care how athletic Cooper is. In a 3 yard box I would take Warmack all day. We have an athletic guard. Would it be nice to have 2 sure, but I couldn't pass on Warmack. He ejects people of the line of scrimmage almost every play. I will take that over a guy who pulls better any day. There's my guard rant.

P.s. I would much rather prefer Dallas Thomas over Warford if we wait til the 2nd. I see him as much better than Warford. Move better and latches on better. I see Warford slide off a lot and he does not move well IMO.

Excellent rant, interesting points, very persuasive arguments. I love it. Applause

24 hours and counting!!!
Pray
BigG13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do take a corner at #10(and assuming Milliner is still on the board) which one would you take?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigG13 wrote:
If we do take a corner at #10(and assuming Milliner is still on the board) which one would you take?

Banks. That's it.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigG13 wrote:

D.J. Hayden

Props to Kempes ^
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
BigG13 wrote:

Banks. That's it.

Banks had a very large drop off in play last year. That concerns me a bit. Apparently concerns most scouts too, considering I haven't seen any analyst who has him ranked higher than a 2nd round prospect. If this were 2011 Jonathan Banks we were guaranteed to get, then he'd easily be the top CB prospect...but 2012 Banks I don't want to touch anywhere near #10 overall.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigG13 wrote:

IF we go CB first, I would take DJ Hayden hands down. I had the luxury of seeing him play a few times, along with some extra game footage. A while back in a previous post, he was one of my sleeper prospects for the 3rd round. I thought he would still be available that late because of that life-threatening injury. But since his stock skyrocketed overnight, I'd snatch him up before anyone else even got a sniff. Dude's a natural ballhawk who can also tackle. Not trying to take anything away from Dee Milliner, but I think he's the product of that dominant 'Bama front seven.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post deleted!!!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock has quite the pull, doesn't he, Dionysus? I don't remember anyone ever talking about Hayden in regards to first round prospect until Mayock said he was. Like you said, most looked at him as like a 3rd, maybe 2nd round type of guy. Laughing
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-War-Room-Cam-Among-NFL-Networks-Record-Setting-Coverage-of-Draft/345fb307-96bf-4f1d-82d0-a7f486ee0a5e

Nice!

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
BigG13 wrote:

Banks. That's it.

Banks had a very large drop off in play last year. That concerns me a bit. Apparently concerns most scouts too, considering I haven't seen any analyst who has him ranked higher than a 2nd round prospect. If this were 2011 Jonathan Banks we were guaranteed to get, then he'd easily be the top CB prospect...but 2012 Banks I don't want to touch anywhere near #10 overall.

Confused No he really didn't. The only reason everyone dropped him was a poor combine. Before the combine, he was right up there with Milliner on pretty much every mock as the top CB. I'll take Banks over any CB in this draft.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigG13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice if CB is the pick at 10 would be either Dee Milliner or DJ Hayden.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 58 of 62

Jump to: