Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go CB in the first, I would love Poyer. Absolutely love.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:

I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.

I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.

I guess it pretty much boils down to how we want to look at it. Being that they're rookies and all, everybody coming out is a gamble one way or another. Nobody's arguing or overlooking the fact that Ansah is a raw and unpolished talent. Yes, he might require a little more coaching to hone his craft, but that's an investment that I believe can pay huge dividends sooner than later. You can coach technique, schemes and fundamentals, but you can't coach instincts and playmaking ability like he's showing on film. If he's playing like this already and he's still raw, imagine what kind of beast he could become once he's coached up. The dude would be a freaking phenom. A player like Star could very well give us the upgrade we need at DT and make our D-line that much better. But that's just in one area. On the other hand, a guy like Ansah (DE/DT/NT/LB) could change the whole spectrum of our defense entirely. This is the difference between gambling on a possible solid NFL caliber player or a very possible gamechanger.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. After the combine, how many of you folks still want Te'o with our first round pick? Laughing

I said it before the combine, before the NC game, before the GF incident that I wanted nothing to do with him early in the draft. Since then, nothing has proven me wrong on that regard.

Some team might get suckered into a 2nd round pick on him, and he'll be considered a bust within a few seasons. I only pray we are not that franchise.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Flylow wrote:

I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.

I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.

I guess it pretty much boils down to how we want to look at it. Being that they're rookies and all, everybody coming out is a gamble one way or another. Nobody's arguing or overlooking the fact that Ansah is a raw and unpolished talent. Yes, he might require a little more coaching to hone his craft, but that's an investment that I believe can pay huge dividends sooner than later. You can coach technique, schemes and fundamentals, but you can't coach instincts and playmaking ability like he's showing on film. If he's playing like this already and he's still raw, imagine what kind of beast he could become once he's coached up. The dude would be a freaking phenom. A player like Star could very well give us the upgrade we need at DT and make our D-line that much better. But that's just in one area. On the other hand, a guy like Ansah (DE/DT/NT/LB) could change the whole spectrum of our defense entirely. This is the difference between gambling on a possible solid NFL caliber player or a very possible gamechanger.

I like Ansah, but he's not playing DT/NT in the NFL.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Flylow wrote:

I wouldn't expect him to on a permanent basis, but you can move him around and create a lot of problems for offenses. He, at the very least, demands a double-team in blocking, and has been disruptive everywhere they put him.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Your kidding right? he is not even a top 5 CB.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Yeah, we could get him with a 2nd or even 3rd possibly lol
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Yeah, we could get him with a 2nd or even 3rd possibly lol

Poyer will be the best CB in this draft.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Flylow wrote:

I wouldn't expect him to on a permanent basis, but you can move him around and create a lot of problems for offenses. He, at the very least, demands a double-team in blocking, and has been disruptive everywhere they put him.

I've seen him compared to Justin Tuck and Tuck plays DT when the Giants go in their "NASCAR" package. I could see the same with Ansah on passing downs.

After watching youtube clips of Ansah, I've hopped on the Ansah bandwagon. Like KingTitan said, he jumps out and has a splash play every game I saw of him. While raw, he has a great feel for the game. It's unfortunate that I don't think he'll fall to us. Sad

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is the first chance I've had to actually look at the combine results. Justin Hunter kind of lit it up. Crazy #'s.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
So this is the first chance I've had to actually look at the combine results. Justin Hunter kind of lit it up. Crazy #'s.

How are so many people surprised by this? I thought it was well known that he's a freak athlete. There's a reason his nickname when he got on campus his freshman year was "Baby Moss".
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

How are so many people surprised by this? I thought it was well known that he's a freak athlete. There's a reason his nickname when he got on campus his freshman year was "Baby Moss".
Not shocking, but always nice to see a freak athlete actually show up for the combine. Plus, it's not like I pay much attention to the Vols. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Not shocking, but always nice to see a freak athlete actually show up for the combine. Plus, it's not like I pay much attention to the Vols. Laughing

Fair. Though your coach did just leave to the only SEC team we could have beaten. Laughing

I still salivate over what could have been a WR corps of Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAnthony Arnett (Left for family illness/set freshman record for catches), Zach Rogers. Sigh...
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:

I've seen him compared to Justin Tuck and Tuck plays DT when the Giants go in their "NASCAR" package. I could see the same with Ansah on passing downs.

After watching youtube clips of Ansah, I've hopped on the Ansah bandwagon. Like KingTitan said, he jumps out and has a splash play every game I saw of him. While raw, he has a great feel for the game. It's unfortunate that I don't think he'll fall to us. Sad

I think that he WILL fall to us because other teams that have good reason and could take him just won't. Although he could very well prove to be a top 5 talent before long, the NFL experts and money managing GMs will think he's way too big of a gamble to take THAT high in the draft with that kind of $$$ on the line. At that stage, they'll prefer to put their stock in more solid picks instead of taking the risk on raw talent. The real pisser about all of that is, he'll fall right in our laps for the taking and we'll pass on him for a top OG or somebody who was never on our radar, like Terrance Williams. d'oh! Brick wall
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Fair. Though your coach did just leave to the only SEC team we could have beaten. Laughing

I still salivate over what could have been a WR corps of Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAnthony Arnett (Left for family illness/set freshman record for catches), Zach Rogers. Sigh...
Really is insane to think of that much potential talent on one depth chart.

But yeah, he will never, ever be referred to as my coach. Dammit, I'm considering handing out a warning simply for using the word "your" when referring to Bert. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 33 of 62

Jump to: