Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3871
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSU S Eric Reid 4.53
Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes 4.41
Oregon State CB Jordan Poyer 4.46
Notre Dame S Zeke Motta 4.75

Quote:
Texas S Kenny Vaccaro clocks 4.63 on his second 40. Logged 4.59 on his first. #NFLCombine

Quote:
Steve Williams runs a (unofficial) 4.25 40 on.nfl.com/Williams40 #NFLCombine


^^^The Titans have gone into the PAC 12 every year for the last 3 years in the early to mid rounds. Could Williams be a pick this year out of that conference or another PAC 12 player be picked this year? Maybe Star, Williams or the OC from Cal?

Pac 12 picks in recent drafts
Williams (WR)
Jurrell Casey
Verner
Ayers
Locker
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig


Last edited by lamont on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8492
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Milliner is top 10 at worst....most likely Top 5.
He might go to Detriot and Ansah falls. Smile


That would be lovely but I worry about the Bills and Jets taking him Sad


Bills spent all that money on Mario and Mark Anderson. Also, Bills might take the best QB, I'm hoping. Jets i think would take Dion Jordan over Ansah. Jordan is a better mover at OLB.


I agree I think that Geno Smith may very well be a Bill, since it seems like the Chiefs will pass on him. And like you said Jordan fits better for the Jets. I think that Ansah will be sitting right there at 10 for us, the only thing I think is that maybe a team will try to move up and get him.



If that happens and it's us that they are trying to trade with. I'll gladly take a few picks from whatever team it is and move back a little and select either one of the OGs or one of the DTs. That would be music to my ears. Smile


Sorry but if we trade back for a team to get Ansah we better be getting their 1st for next year plus 2nd this year plus their best player Wink

Honestly if he is there we have to take him unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer. Ansah is one of those guys that could completely change a defense. He is the most talented player in this draft, its just that he is really raw and unpolished but he has a great future.
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 153
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Milliner is top 10 at worst....most likely Top 5.
He might go to Detriot and Ansah falls. Smile


That would be lovely but I worry about the Bills and Jets taking him Sad


Bills spent all that money on Mario and Mark Anderson. Also, Bills might take the best QB, I'm hoping. Jets i think would take Dion Jordan over Ansah. Jordan is a better mover at OLB.


I agree I think that Geno Smith may very well be a Bill, since it seems like the Chiefs will pass on him. And like you said Jordan fits better for the Jets. I think that Ansah will be sitting right there at 10 for us, the only thing I think is that maybe a team will try to move up and get him.



If that happens and it's us that they are trying to trade with. I'll gladly take a few picks from whatever team it is and move back a little and select either one of the OGs or one of the DTs. That would be music to my ears. Smile


Sorry but if we trade back for a team to get Ansah we better be getting their 1st for next year plus 2nd this year plus their best player Wink

Honestly if he is there we have to take him unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer. Ansah is one of those guys that could completely change a defense. He is the most talented player in this draft, its just that he is really raw and unpolished but he has a great future.



I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.


I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3871
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Milliner is top 10 at worst....most likely Top 5.
He might go to Detriot and Ansah falls. Smile


That would be lovely but I worry about the Bills and Jets taking him Sad


Bills spent all that money on Mario and Mark Anderson. Also, Bills might take the best QB, I'm hoping. Jets i think would take Dion Jordan over Ansah. Jordan is a better mover at OLB.


I agree I think that Geno Smith may very well be a Bill, since it seems like the Chiefs will pass on him. And like you said Jordan fits better for the Jets. I think that Ansah will be sitting right there at 10 for us, the only thing I think is that maybe a team will try to move up and get him.



If that happens and it's us that they are trying to trade with. I'll gladly take a few picks from whatever team it is and move back a little and select either one of the OGs or one of the DTs. That would be music to my ears. Smile


Sorry but if we trade back for a team to get Ansah we better be getting their 1st for next year plus 2nd this year plus their best player Wink

Honestly if he is there we have to take him unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer. Ansah is one of those guys that could completely change a defense. He is the most talented player in this draft, its just that he is really raw and unpolished but he has a great future.


That is the thing that everyone is missing with Ansah. Munch doesn't have time for Ansah to become more polished. Munch needs a producer now, because his seat is HOT. Ansah is not Jevon Kearse circa 1999, he is more Aldon Smith in 2011. Ansah is going to be a 3rd down pass rusher this year, he is not ready for the early down schemes that experienced NFL OCs will throw at him on 1st and 2nd down. He is just learning the terminalogy at the college level, imagine his shock when they hand him his first NFL playbook. The guy just started playing football last year.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2984
Location: My house
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.


Yeah. He's one of the ones they talked about having to move to safety because he couldn't didn't have the long speed to keep up with NFL WRs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.


Yeah. He's one of the ones they talked about having to move to safety because he couldn't didn't have the long speed to keep up with NFL WRs.


Id like to take him.... saaaaayyyy with our 4th lol Laughing

But I have always liked it and wouldnt mind taking him at some point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10484
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.


Yeah. He's one of the ones they talked about having to move to safety because he couldn't didn't have the long speed to keep up with NFL WRs.


Question with him now is can he turn and run. Loose hips or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2984
Location: My house
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.


Yeah. He's one of the ones they talked about having to move to safety because he couldn't didn't have the long speed to keep up with NFL WRs.


Id like to take him.... saaaaayyyy with our 4th lol Laughing

But I have always liked it and wouldnt mind taking him at some point.


I wouldn't take him with a 4th. He's not as talented as Sensabaugh and Sensabaugh can actually turn his hips.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2758
Location: NC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.


I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.


I think that's the elephant in the room about Ansah. How old is he really? I hear he's 23 but how legit is it. To be honest, Ansah looks "old". If he's 2 or 3 years older than he's listed, that would be the same age as Magnus Hunt who is just as athletic and raw as Ansah but is viewed as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick because of his age.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24763
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Quote:
I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.


I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.


I think that's the elephant in the room about Ansah. How old is he really? I hear he's 23 but how legit is it. To be honest, Ansah looks "old". If he's 2 or 3 years older than he's listed, that would be the same age as Magnus Hunt who is just as athletic and raw as Ansah but is viewed as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick because of his age.


Difference is Ansah has actually looked good on film.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3871
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dee Milliner officially a 4.37. Desmond Trufant 4.38. on.nfl.com/Tracker #NFLCombine


Quote:
NFL Fun Facts: Mississippi State's Darius Slay ran an official 4.36 40....the fastest of any DB this year

_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
David Amerson 4.38

Everyone thought he would run a lot slower.


Yeah. He's one of the ones they talked about having to move to safety because he couldn't didn't have the long speed to keep up with NFL WRs.


Id like to take him.... saaaaayyyy with our 4th lol Laughing

But I have always liked it and wouldnt mind taking him at some point.


I wouldn't take him with a 4th. He's not as talented as Sensabaugh and Sensabaugh can actually turn his hips.


Anyone who gets 13 interceptions in a year I am fine with in the 4th. Move him to SS but he is a playmaker, unlike Sensabaugh who never has been a playmaker.

Sensabaugh was a 6th round or 7th round prospect. We could have gotten him much later than we took him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3871
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video of Rich's 40. With a cameo from Leon Sandcastle. Laughing http://richeisen.nfl.com/2013/02/26/rich-eisen-runs-the-40/?campaign=Twitter_blogs_rich
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8492
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Flylow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Milliner is top 10 at worst....most likely Top 5.
He might go to Detriot and Ansah falls. Smile


That would be lovely but I worry about the Bills and Jets taking him Sad


Bills spent all that money on Mario and Mark Anderson. Also, Bills might take the best QB, I'm hoping. Jets i think would take Dion Jordan over Ansah. Jordan is a better mover at OLB.


I agree I think that Geno Smith may very well be a Bill, since it seems like the Chiefs will pass on him. And like you said Jordan fits better for the Jets. I think that Ansah will be sitting right there at 10 for us, the only thing I think is that maybe a team will try to move up and get him.



If that happens and it's us that they are trying to trade with. I'll gladly take a few picks from whatever team it is and move back a little and select either one of the OGs or one of the DTs. That would be music to my ears. Smile


Sorry but if we trade back for a team to get Ansah we better be getting their 1st for next year plus 2nd this year plus their best player Wink

Honestly if he is there we have to take him unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer. Ansah is one of those guys that could completely change a defense. He is the most talented player in this draft, its just that he is really raw and unpolished but he has a great future.



I disagree. He has all of the potential in the world, but with Munchak's job on the line. I don't see how he can take someone that could take 2 seasons to see his full skills on Sundays. And to add on the fact that he is a BYU kid, usually those kids are a little older than the rest, (btw, I don't know his age at all. So if someone has proof he is 22/23 then please provide it.) his knees/body might start to give up on him before he gets from "Raw and Unpolished" to his full potential.


I know I'm in the minority on this and everyone is loving him now, especially after his combine showing, but I'll gladly take the heat if I'm proven wrong by him. Which I don't think I am.


Have you watched tape on Ansah? He is one of those players whose motor never stops, he is extremely smart and makes quick decisions.

Who else would you prefer? Werner? Mingo? Richardson?
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 32 of 62

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group