Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Don Banks at SI.Com had a 2012 NFL draft redo and I agree with most of his assesments. Check out the people that he shows should not have been drafted in round 1. He has the Titans taking Chandler Jones (surprise) and Kendell Wright going to the Vikings instead of Harrison Smith. Amazing how some of the pre draft favs here in Titania did not pan out in their first year in the league. Keep this in mind for your upcoming mock drafts ladies and gents. Shocked Laughing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/?sct=uk_t12_a6

Quote:
* First-round picks who did not make the cut this time: No. 11 Dontari Poe, Chiefs, DT; No. 13 Michael Floyd, Cardinals, WR; No. 17 Dre Kirkpatrick, Bengals, CB;No. 18 Melvin Ingram, Chargers, LB; No. 19 Shea McClellin, Bears, DE; No. 22 Brandon Weeden, Browns, QB; No. 23 Riley Reiff, Lions, OT; No. 24 David DeCastro, Steelers, G; No. 26 Whitney Mercilus, Texans, LB; No. 28 Nick Perry, Packers, LB; No. 30 A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois.

Floyd I liked but was concerend about his character. I liked Mercilus. Was up and down, more up on Ingram and Kirkpatrick. Everyone else on that list I had no interest in....

My mocks tend to stray from what majority of this forum feels. lol

Yeah my mocks are never liked on here. Especially when I mention CB. People become homers on certain people and don't like the idea of upgrading positions because they like who we have.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
Don Banks at SI.Com had a 2012 NFL draft redo and I agree with most of his assesments. Check out the people that he shows should not have been drafted in round 1. He has the Titans taking Chandler Jones (surprise) and Kendell Wright going to the Vikings instead of Harrison Smith. Amazing how some of the pre draft favs here in Titania did not pan out in their first year in the league. Keep this in mind for your upcoming mock drafts ladies and gents. Shocked Laughing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/?sct=uk_t12_a6

Quote:
* First-round picks who did not make the cut this time: No. 11 Dontari Poe, Chiefs, DT; No. 13 Michael Floyd, Cardinals, WR; No. 17 Dre Kirkpatrick, Bengals, CB;No. 18 Melvin Ingram, Chargers, LB; No. 19 Shea McClellin, Bears, DE; No. 22 Brandon Weeden, Browns, QB; No. 23 Riley Reiff, Lions, OT; No. 24 David DeCastro, Steelers, G; No. 26 Whitney Mercilus, Texans, LB; No. 28 Nick Perry, Packers, LB; No. 30 A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois.

Floyd I liked but was concerend about his character. I liked Mercilus. Was up and down, more up on Ingram and Kirkpatrick. Everyone else on that list I had no interest in....

Yeah my mocks are never liked on here. Especially when I mention CB. People become homers on certain people and don't like the idea of upgrading positions because they like who we have.

Because we have much bigger needs. Why draft a CB in the 1st round when we just gave McCourty a big deal? Both McCourty and Verner make up a very good CB duo. The safeties behind them suck and the pass-rush isn't great. We're not drafting a CB in the 1st round.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Because we have much bigger needs. Why draft a CB in the 1st round when we just gave McCourty a big deal? Both McCourty and Verner make up a very good CB duo. The safeties behind them suck and the pass-rush isn't great. We're not drafting a CB in the 1st round.

You need at least 3 corners. Teams play in nickel more than half the times often. Verner could excel as a Nickelback. We need another starter on the edge.

Tommie Campbell would be perfect if he could get himself straight and that would really eliminate the need for a CB.
But if Dee Milliner falls to #10 then we need to take him.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

The pass rush is stronger than the coverage. We had 16 sacks in December alone. Even before that we were getting decent pressure most games, but 3 seconds after the ball is snapped someone was always open down the seam, or underneath outside, really anywhere on the field. I was high on McCourty starting before anyone else and I'm going to be the first to say I like him and I think he is a solid #2, but there are teams in the NFL that he would not start for.

As KingTitan mentioned, there are 3 CBs on the field more often than not, and especially on our worst and most important down, third down, you will typically see 3 CBs. We died because of this last season.

They are a good CB duo, not a great one. There is a reason that noone outside of Tennessee thinks we have good corners, because we are homers and always overrate our own players.

The safety play is terrible and needs to be improved in order for a CB to be added. Sure, I agree with you there. But the CB play is not great and leaves a lot of room for improvement.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for over a year now and finally figured it was time to join in on the discussion heading into this year's draft. Very Happy With that said there are two mid round prospects that I've been looking at recently that are interesting to me, and I was wondering what your guys thoughts were on them if you've watched them at all.
Le'Veon Bell- This kid is a bruiser back out of Michigan State that simply does not go down on the first hit. I really liked what I saw out of him, and I got a big LeGarrette Blount vibe from him in terms of his running style. He's a very good North and South runner that has surprisingly good hands. He also has surprisingly nimble feet for a 245 pound back. I think he'd be very beneficial to us as a red zone back.

Shamarko Thomas- A strong safety out of Syracuse that lacks size but from the little film I could find on him seemed like an intriguing prospect. He seemed like he had a knack for shooting through the gap to blow up runs in the backfield, but he does tend to play with a lot of reckless abandon in pass coverage which could be a double edged sword. He really has the swagger that I look for in a safety. He's not the biggest by any means, but he's a dude that seems to bring it every time he is out there.

Now, keep in mind I am definitely not saying these are two of the best players at their respective positions, but they are two guys that have caught my eye early on in the draft process.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for over a year now and finally figured it was time to join in on the discussion heading into this year's draft. Very Happy With that said there are two mid round prospects that I've been looking at recently that are interesting to me, and I was wondering what your guys thoughts were on them if you've watched them at all.
Le'Veon Bell- This kid is a bruiser back out of Michigan State that simply does not go down on the first hit. I really liked what I saw out of him, and I got a big LeGarrette Blount vibe from him in terms of his running style. He's a very good North and South runner that has surprisingly good hands. He also has surprisingly nimble feet for a 245 pound back. I think he'd be very beneficial to us as a red zone back.

Shamarko Thomas- A strong safety out of Syracuse that lacks size but from the little film I could find on him seemed like an intriguing prospect. He seemed like he had a knack for shooting through the gap to blow up runs in the backfield, but he does tend to play with a lot of reckless abandon in pass coverage which could be a double edged sword. He really has the swagger that I look for in a safety. He's not the biggest by any means, but he's a dude that seems to bring it every time he is out there.

Now, keep in mind I am definitely not saying these are two of the best players at their respective positions, but they are two guys that have caught my eye early on in the draft process.

Bell is someone I'd love to pick up in the 4th, though I doubt he lasts that long. Off the top of my head, hasn't he had quite a bit of tread taken off the tires though while at MSU?

As for Thomas, I know nothing about him, but we need all the safety help we can get.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Bell is someone I'd love to pick up in the 4th, though I doubt he lasts that long. Off the top of my head, hasn't he had quite a bit of tread taken off the tires though while at MSU?

As for Thomas, I know nothing about him, but we need all the safety help we can get.

Yes, that's one of the concerns I've had with him as well. This past year he was pretty much the only back MSU had, and he had 382 carries. I feel like if we snagged him we could still get some good use out of him especially since we'd only be using him as a complementary back to CJ.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

You need at least 3 corners. Teams play in nickel more than half the times often. Verner could excel as a Nickelback. We need another starter on the edge.

Tommie Campbell would be perfect if he could get himself straight and that would really eliminate the need for a CB.
But if Dee Milliner falls to #10 then we need to take him.

Well KT in this sense, I'd have to agree. Based on what the coaches were saying, they feel that the LB corps is currently the strength of our defense and plans to build around it. So at this point, in spite of my own opinion of what we need, I don't know exactly what the coaches have in mind for the D-line. Do they think we need to find a more dominant DT to pair with Casey for a stronger impact in the middle? Or are they confident with what we have at the moment, and feel that we can find that player later in the draft? Bottom line is, if we do decide we're going defense first and the top #10-valued DLs are off the board, then Dee Milliner would be the most sensible choice. With him opposite of McCourty, that would finally push Verner back to NB where he could have a better impact in our secondary. Then Tommie Campbell could be the backup to either outside position.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zac Stacy is who I want at RB. Mid round selection would be a great 2nd RB. Good at receiving and pass protection.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Zac Stacy is who I want at RB. Mid round selection would be a great 2nd RB. Good at receiving and pass protection.

He is the RB in my upcoming Mock.

If I could take one earlier it would be Franklin from UCLA.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the Titans will try to get Matt Elam somehow. Gregg Williams likes having a SS with an attitude/swag and be able to lay the big hit. Swearinger is another one. I think SS will upgraded regardless. No more nice/soft safeties like Babs, Griffin, and Johnson.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I feel like the Titans will try to get Matt Elam somehow. Gregg Williams likes having a SS with an attitude/swag and be able to lay the big hit. Swearinger is another one. I think SS will upgraded regardless. No more nice/soft safeties like Babs, Griffin, and Johnson.

I've been thinking the same thing with Swearinger. If he doesn't adjust his style a bit he is going to be penalized/fined a lot. But he can dish out the big hits that can control the middle of the field.

Also, this video is hilarious.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5LEi_-C9IVo

edit: sorry, was on my ipad, gave the mobile link earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEi_-C9IVo

Last edited by TwoToneBlue on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I've been thinking the same thing with Swearinger. If he doesn't adjust his style a bit he is going to be penalized/fined a lot. But he can dish out the big hits that can control the middle of the field.

I have us taking Swearinger in the third round. People have him projected all over the place so it will be interesting to see where is projected after the Combine.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I have us taking Swearinger in the third round. People have him projected all over the place so it will be interesting to see where is projected after the Combine.

We are sharing a few prospects. I have us taking him in the second in my upcoming mock. I don't know if he will make it to our 3rd. Some are rating him above Elam.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another DT I've taking a liking to is Shariff Floyd. Great kid with relentless motor. Wouldn't mind him at 10.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 26 of 62

Jump to: