Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
IT'S OFFICIALLY NFL DRAFT SEASON!!!

Damn it, you beat me to it! Now the fun begins. Will Gregg Williams officially be reinstated any time soon? Are we already targeting any top FAs in needed areas? Are we going to release key players in the next 5 days? Inquiring minds want to know. Let's stay tuned and see what happens.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the compensatory picks will be announced?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new mocks from cbssportsline.com. One has the Titans taking the DT Richardson from Missouri and the other has them taking Warmack from Bama.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Two new mocks from cbssportsline.com. One has the Titans taking the DT Richardson from Missouri and the other has them taking Warmack from Bama.

Richardson is clearly the better pick.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

I'm not thrilled with either.
My stance on taking an OG that early is properly noted on the forum.

With Richardson, he doesn't appear to be anything we don't already have, in Martin, Casey or even Marks. I guess it would help if I knew what kind of defense we are so we could properly get the players to fit "OUR" system. But we are a whatever kind of defense. Are we Cover 2? Are we blitzing aggressive? Bump and Run Man coverage 4-6 type?

I guess if we were to get a DT, I'd want someone with a little more power and size to him at #10. Only one that fits that is Star. Unless Floyd or someone like that rises up the board during the draft season.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

With Richardson, he doesn't appear to be anything we don't already have, in Martin, Casey or even Marks. I guess it would help if I knew what kind of defense we are so we could properly get the players to fit "OUR" system. But we are a whatever kind of defense. Are we Cover 2? Are we blitzing aggressive? Bump and Run Man coverage 4-6 type?

I guess if we were to get a DT, I'd want someone with a little more power and size to him at #10. Only one that fits that is Star. Unless Floyd or someone like that rises up the board during the draft season.

Richardson is exactly what we need at DT. Casey is the DT that takes up blockers, basically a space eater and Richardson is an elite DT pass-rusher. His motor never runs cold. No he's not 300 plus pounds but he can't be blocked 1 on 1. He's also surprisingly very good against the run. He reminds me alot of your man-crush last year Fletcher Cox.
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

Richardson is exactly what we need at DT. Casey is the DT that takes up blockers, basically a space eater and Richardson is an elite DT pass-rusher. His motor never runs cold. No he's not 300 plus pounds but he can't be blocked 1 on 1. He's also surprisingly very good against the run. He reminds me alot of your man-crush last year Fletcher Cox.

I love Richardson and I think we need a pass rushing DT, but how do we still use Mike Martin? He had a great rookie year.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

I love Richardson and I think we need a pass rushing DT, but how do we still use Mike Martin? He had a great rookie year.

How do we use Mike Martin? We use just him in a rotation with Richardson, or Casey for that matter. You can never have too many good linemen or too many combo options.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
JerseyTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

How do we use Mike Martin? We use just him in a rotation with Richardson, or Casey for that matter. You can never have too many good linemen or too many combo options.

IMO Marks is not going to be resigned. Klug, Clayton & DaJohn Harris are not safe. The only DTs that I think are safe are Casey & Martin. Klug might have a chance to stick if they draft a run stopper like Star or another space eater to occupy blockers.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

Yeah I loved Fletcher 5.5 sacks last year.
Well Richardson doesn't wow me yet. Maybe that moment will come but I haven't reached that acceptance level with him yet.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

Well Richardson doesn't wow me yet. Maybe that moment will come but I haven't reached that acceptance level with him yet.

I'm in the same boat. I loved Fletcher last year, but I'm not that impressed by Richardson at this point.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:

I feel like Fletcher was stronger at the point of attack. I'm all for bringing in another DT and one that can rush the passer is great, but I don't think Richardson is going to be it. He can penetrate, but is moved easier than suits me in the middle of the defense. Purely 1 gap DT.

Dee Milliner is my pick if he's still available, and if not I am undecided.

Andrew Luck has about 15 years left in him, and we're not going to stand much of a chance without a top flight corner. Unlike signing a DT (or any lineman or safety) cornerbacks cost way to much to sign via free agency. In order to get solid young talent you have to draft them and I feel like this is our best chance to get a true #1 CB.

This is a pass first league and it is not uncommon for 3 WRs to be on the field, especially on the most cruicial 3rd down. If you can't stop people on 3rd down you can't stop them at all, and I feel like that's why we give up so many 3rd and longs. Because we only have two good corners and both of them are solid #2's.

With the addition of Milliner we move Verner to the slot and become a MUCH MUCH improved team over the middle of the field and on third down.

Fantasy Land:
FA signing - Henry Melton

1. Dee Milliner - CB
2. Larry Warford - OG
3. Jonathan Cyprien - S
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Klug-Martin combo was Martin's most effective. Seemed to try it later in the year.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

I feel like Fletcher was stronger at the point of attack. I'm all for bringing in another DT and one that can rush the passer is great, but I don't think Richardson is going to be it. He can penetrate, but is moved easier than suits me in the middle of the defense. Purely 1 gap DT.

Andrew Luck has about 15 years left in him, and we're not going to stand much of a chance without a top flight corner. Unlike signing a DT (or any lineman or safety) cornerbacks cost way to much to sign via free agency. In order to get solid young talent you have to draft them and I feel like this is our best chance to get a true #1 CB.

This is a pass first league and it is not uncommon for 3 WRs to be on the field, especially on the most cruicial 3rd down. If you can't stop people on 3rd down you can't stop them at all, and I feel like that's why we give up so many 3rd and longs. Because we only have two good corners and both of them are solid #2's.

With the addition of Milliner we move Verner to the slot and become a MUCH MUCH improved team over the middle of the field and on third down.

Fantasy Land:

1. Dee Milliner - CB
2. Larry Warford - OG
3. Jonathan Cyprien - S

I don't know how I feel about Richardson. I could see him becoming one of the premeir DTs in the league. His athleticism is crazy for a guy his size. The thing is, I could also very easily see him becoming a big bust. It's kind of the same way I felt about Zach Brown last year. Fortunately for us, Zach Brown appears to be on the road to becoming a great OLB for us.

It's funny because I remember me and you being the few posters who wanted us to draft Milliner way back in October. Many couldn't phanthom us drafting a CB back then but here we are. I've been a fan of his all season. He's a guy who could start from day one, allowing (like you said) Verner to move inside. Ideally if Milliner is gone by the time we pick, we trade back (unless Star just so happens to fall to us). However that's easier said than done.

Also a guy I want us to get who I think will be a steal is Mike Gillislee. He runs with a conviction and authority that I like and want in a RB. He takes one cut then boom (John Madden voice). He's not a guy who does too much dancing behind the line which is my biggest problem with CJ. He also is a great pass blocker, so at the very least he should be a great 3rd down back. I think he's this year's Bernard Pierce.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Fantasy Land:

1. Dee Milliner - CB
2. Larry Warford - OG
3. Jonathan Cyprien - S

I don't know how I feel about Richardson. I could see him becoming one of the premeir DTs in the league. His athleticism is crazy for a guy his size. The thing is, I could also very easily see him becoming a big bust. It's kind of the same way I felt about Zach Brown last year. Fortunately for us, Zach Brown appears to be on the road to becoming a great OLB for us.

It's funny because I remember me and you being the few posters who wanted us to draft Milliner way back in October. Many couldn't phanthom us drafting a CB back then but here we are. I've been a fan of his all season. He's a guy who could start from day one, allowing (like you said) Verner to move inside. Ideally if Milliner is gone by the time we pick, we trade back (unless Star just so happens to fall to us). However that's easier said than done.

Also a guy I want us to get who I think will be a steal is Mike Gillislee. He runs with a conviction and authority that I like and want in a RB. He takes one cut then boom (John Madden voice). He's not a guy who does too much dancing behind the line which is my biggest problem with CJ. He also is a great pass blocker, so at the very least he should be a great 3rd down back. I think he's this year's Bernard Pierce.

I also am feeling Milliner and I'm liking Gillisleee. I love how he runs. He and Johnathan Franklin. Those are the running backs that have my eye so far.

I am wondering too, would anyone be able to stomach drafting another Texas Longhorn? The Safety from there is getting some buzz. I can't imagine drafting another Longhorn, but is he good enough to overlook that disgust with some of our past Longhorn selections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 24 of 62

Jump to: