Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
After watching the senior bowl, I don't want nothing to do with an OG at #10.
There are at least 3 guys that can be had between the 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th round that can be starters.

I'd go CB or DT/DE at #10.

LOL!!! The second I read the bold part, I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I completely misinterpreted what you were saying the moment I read it. It sounded like you watched the game, started evaluating the OGs and said, "Man f-uck this! I wouldn't touch any of this shyt with a 10-foot pole."

I do agree with most of you're assessment. If we don't go O-line first, I still want that DT impact player first. I'm hoping we can address our immediate O-line needs in free agency. But I wouldn't wait too late in the draft to take an OG...nothing later than the 3rd round.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brilliant idea.

We take Warmack at #10... and then with our second round pick, we take another highly touted guard.

Two good rookies, Roos and Stewart? Even Amano could look half decent by getting help every play.

We watch CJ average 6.0 ypc, a clean pocket for Locker, and our offense thrives. If Locker sucks, we will have a good offensive line for a rookie QB to step into next season.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I have a brilliant idea.

We take Warmack at #10... and then with our second round pick, we take another highly touted guard.

Two good rookies, Roos and Stewart? Even Amano could look half decent by getting help every play.

We watch CJ average 6.0 ypc, a clean pocket for Locker, and our offense thrives. If Locker sucks, we will have a good offensive line for a rookie QB to step into next season.

Believe it or not Ruskie, I halfway agree with that idea. And it's very possible that we can pull it off under the right set of circumcisions, I mean circumstances. We would need to address an impact run-stuffing space eater and better Safety help in free agency for sure. If we did take Warmack and another top OL, Amano and another OL (Harris) would have to walk. I would suggest trading them for another late pick if at all possible. Using this offseason to build our O-line into possibly a wall of sheer dominance for years to come is not a bad idea at all, especially since we actually have a real legitimate chance to do just that.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I have a brilliant idea.

Believe it or not Ruskie, I halfway agree with that idea. And it's very possible that we can pull it off under the right set of circumcisions, I mean circumstances. We would need to address an impact run-stuffing space eater and better Safety help in free agency for sure. If we did take Warmack and another top OL, Amano and another OL (Harris) would have to walk. I would suggest trading them for another late pick if at all possible. Using this offseason to build our O-line into possibly a wall of sheer dominance for years to come is not a bad idea at all, especially since we actually have a real legitimate chance to do just that.

I disagree. I'm starting to wonder if Locker is even going to be the guy. He didn't show us much last year, not as much as we needed to see to consider him a surefire franchise QB. The success of our offense depends solely on him, and a great OL isn't going to make a huge impact.

The defense needs to be improved ASAP. Doesn't matter how well we can run the ball if the defense is allowing 35 points a game again. Locker will never keep up with that. Locker's best chance of winning is the defense keeping the game close and him making a few plays with his arm and his leg to pull it out.

We need one OG/C in the first 3 rounds and another OL in the 5-7th rounds. Outside of that our entire offseason should be focused on building a top 10-15 defense. I would say we are a solid S and a true #1 CB away from breaking legitimate top 15.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I have a brilliant idea.

I don't know if you're being facetious or not... but building a team from the trenches out is not a bad approach.

I know today's NFL is a passing league... but that doesn't mean a good run game can't help that passing team be that much more effective. If you have a RB popping off 5-6 yards per carry... especially when that RB, when given space at the LOS, can pop any of those 5 yard gains into 15, 20, 50 yard gains... the threat of the run, the hint of a play action all make things easier for the QB.

I don't know if going back to back interior OL with the 1st 2 picks is the way I would go... but I would love OL/DL with a couple starting caliber FA pickups to accentuate those picks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I have a brilliant idea.

Here's what I posted about a month ago

Quote:
Am I the only one who wouldn't be upset with drafting interior o-lineman with our first two picks?

Let's say we sign someone like Glen Dorsey this offseason. We then decide to draft the BPA at #10, who so happens to be Chance Warmack from Bama. I know OG's never go in the top 10 but if he's the best value available, why past over him. There's actually a good debate about this in NFL Draft. Anyway, our second round pick comes around and Barrett Jones also from Bama, happens to be available. We select him and use the later rounds for DE,S, LB. Now a lot can and will change from now until the draft but depending on how our FA period goes, I'd have no problem if we took this approach. I'm sure many will disagree however.

With all that being said, Bama vs ND is going to a big watch for me to see how Warmack, Jones and Bama's o-line does against Nix III, Tuitt, Teo, and ND's front seven. Should be fun to watch.

Like I said before, depending on what FAs we sign, I wouldn't be upset if we drafted interior linemen with our first two picks. Could you imagine if we added two maulers like Warmack and Warford to our line? It would do wonders for CJ and Locker/whoever our future QB may be.

Having said that, the more I watch Sheldon Richardson, the more I think he could be a beast next to Casey on our DLine.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I have a brilliant idea.

I don't know if you're being facetious or not... but building a team from the trenches out is not a bad approach.

I know today's NFL is a passing league... but that doesn't mean a good run game can't help that passing team be that much more effective. If you have a RB popping off 5-6 yards per carry... especially when that RB, when given space at the LOS, can pop any of those 5 yard gains into 15, 20, 50 yard gains... the threat of the run, the hint of a play action all make things easier for the QB.

I don't know if going back to back interior OL with the 1st 2 picks is the way I would go... but I would love OL/DL with a couple starting caliber FA pickups to accentuate those picks.

Being dead serious.

I'm a strong believer that a great team must be built from the trenches on both sides of the line. I just feel that if we can improve our running game, it will just make everything else on offense better.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people are believers that you build from the inside out. No doubt there. But that's not going to make Jake Locker more accurate or stop the defense from allowing 35 points a game. Which were our two biggest issues last year.

OG/c is also a lot cheaper to address in FA than nearly every other position. Especially skill positions.
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I think most people are believers that you build from the inside out. No doubt there. But that's not going to make Jake Locker more accurate or stop the defense from allowing 35 points a game. Which were our two biggest issues last year.

OG/c is also a lot cheaper to address in FA than nearly every other position. Especially skill positions.

Yah, but when you have as many 3 and outs as we did this year our defense is going to struggle. It's the domino effect:

Were committed to run ----> CJ doesn't get any space on downs 1 and 2 ---> We have 3rd and long a lot ----> equals a lot of 3 and outs ---> defense is always on the field ---> Defense struggles.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

This is how I feel. #10 spot can be used to get a more impactful player than an OG.
FA Would be much easier to get a quality OG. A defensive stud would help the team much more in my view.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

This is how I feel. #10 spot can be used to get a more impactful player than an OG.
FA Would be much easier to get a quality OG. A defensive stud would help the team much more in my view.

If we land GW, I think we'll have our defensive "stud", at least on one form of it. The real question is who all do we have valued as a #10 spot player? If our top defensive targets are gone before #10, are we going to go OG or try to trade back for the next defensive target on our list who might not be valued at the 10 spot?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:

Were committed to run ----> CJ doesn't get any space on downs 1 and 2 ---> We have 3rd and long a lot ----> equals a lot of 3 and outs ---> defense is always on the field ---> Defense struggles.

CJ is never going to be that RB that gives you 3-4 yards on every carry. He doesn't make people miss, he doesn't break tackles, he simply runs by them with his explosive speed. It is ridiculous to assume, that even with the best of interior lineman that CJ will have the wide open holes he needs to be successful on every play now that teams are aware of what he is.

And to refute that it was the offenses fault the defense allowed so many points, a lot of the points our defense allowed were early and often. It wasn't that over the course of the game they were on the field too long and did poorly as they tired (outside of a few games), but that they allowed opposing offenses to score too early and too often.

And Dionysus, I would love for the Titans to trade back into the late teens/early 20s and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The 2nd round is where the most value is going to be this coming draft.

In a fantasy land, we could trade back to say 21st ( I'm not sure who has the pick I'm just being vague) and pick up Jonathan Banks/Kawaan Short/Ezekiel Ansah/Barrett Jones/ Jonathan Cooper and then pick up a 2nd round pick and use it to draft Larry Warford and Jonathan Cyprien in the second round..

There are some good second round CBs as well.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

And Dionysus, I would love for the Titans to trade back into the late teens/early 20s and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

In a fantasy land, we could trade back to say 21st ( I'm not sure who has the pick I'm just being vague) and pick up Jonathan Banks/Kawaan Short/Ezekiel Ansah/Barrett Jones/ Jonathan Cooper and then pick up a 2nd round pick and use it to draft Larry Warford and Jonathan Cyprien in the second round..

I'm usually a proponent of trading back... I just don't I'd want to this year. We should have plenty of picks once they comp picks are assigned (we're definitely getting a 3rd for Finny). While the team needs depth, I think we also need at least 1-2 impact players on the team. We need to get one of those in the 1st round. I believe we're in a position to take that player where we're at, and don't gain much by trading back to acquire an extra 3rd rounder.

But that's just MO.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I'm usually a proponent of trading back... I just don't I'd want to this year. We should have plenty of picks once they comp picks are assigned (we're definitely getting a 3rd for Finny). While the team needs depth, I think we also need at least 1-2 impact players on the team. We need to get one of those in the 1st round. I believe we're in a position to take that player where we're at, and don't gain much by trading back to acquire an extra 3rd rounder.

But that's just MO.

Agree with you on needing the impact player. Just am not seeing much of a drop off in projected talent from 10th to 25th. Once you get past Damonte Moore and Star Lotulelei the talent, from my perspective, doesn't drop off for awhile. At 10, the only player projected to still be available that I find is talented enough to be taken that early is Chance Warmack (I'm scared Sheldon Richardson will be a bust). And I believe that Warmack at 10 will improve the performance of the Titans OL no more than Larry Warford at 42. Which is why I feel like the most value in the draft is to be had in the 2nd round.

I wasn't aware of another 3rd for Finny. That will help out a lot with as deep as the draft is, and fortunately, in a lot of areas of need for the Titans (S, DL, OL, CB). QB,RB,TE, and LB all seem fairly weak in comparison, top end and in depth.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

But that's just MO.

Agree with you on needing the impact player. Just am not seeing much of a drop off in projected talent from 10th to 25th. Once you get past Damonte Moore and Star Lotulelei the talent, from my perspective, doesn't drop off for awhile. At 10, the only player projected to still be available that I find is talented enough to be taken that early is Chance Warmack (I'm scared Sheldon Richardson will be a bust). And I believe that Warmack at 10 will improve the performance of the Titans OL no more than Larry Warford at 42. Which is why I feel like the most value in the draft is to be had in the 2nd round.

I wasn't aware of another 3rd for Finny. That will help out a lot with as deep as the draft is, and fortunately, in a lot of areas of need for the Titans (S, DL, OL, CB). QB,RB,TE, and LB all seem fairly weak in comparison, top end and in depth.

I read that we are only likely to get a 6th or 7th round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 22 of 62

Jump to: