Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3093
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan


So at #10 you would take Warmack?

Not disagreeing with you. Just having a hard time justifying to myself taking a guard at 10, but with the way things are being projected it will probably be the best pick. I would like to think Sheldon Richardson would be the best for our team, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to bust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan


So at #10 you would take Warmack?

Not disagreeing with you. Just having a hard time justifying to myself taking a guard at 10, but with the way things are being projected it will probably be the best pick. I would like to think Sheldon Richardson would be the best for our team, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to bust.


I would have to. He is going to be going to the pro bowl probably every year (if it exist) and we can get that position locked up with a pro bowler so I would have to. D line is really deep this year so I would go that 2nd and DB 3rd and RB 4th then LB depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11916
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done the research from the past drafts, but it really seems like defensive linemen are about a 50/50 proposition early in the first round. Guard, although a much less glamorous and slightly less impactful pick, strikes me as having a much lower bust rate.

Am I imagining things?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38077
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...


We already have our franchise FS in Michael Griffin, and I don't think McCourty can play SS.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2882
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I haven't done the research from the past drafts, but it really seems like defensive linemen are about a 50/50 proposition early in the first round. Guard, although a much less glamorous and slightly less impactful pick, strikes me as having a much lower bust rate.

Am I imagining things?


Not at all. I was just thinking about this. Here's a list of DTs picked in the top 10 in the past 10 drafts.

2002-Ryan Sims-#6 overall
2002-John Henderson-#9 overall
2003-Dewayne Robertson-#4 overall
2003-Johnathan Sullivan-#6 overall
2003-Kevin Williams-#9 overall
2007-Amobi Okoye-#10 overall
2008-Glenn Dorsey-#5 overall
2008-Sedrick Ellis-#7 overall
2009-BJ Raji-#9 overall
2010-Ndamakong Suh-#2 overall
2010-Gerald McCoy-#3 overall
2010-Tyson Alualu-#10 overall

If you use the pro bowl to determine if a person's a bust or not, than only 7 out of 12 of those DTs are bust. Only two have been 1st Team All-Pros (Although there's still time for the guys from the 2007 draft and up to make).

The question is do we go with a more sure thing in Warmack or take a slight risk in one of the DTs. Or do we take neither and select Milliner? Should be fun to watch how it all plays out.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:
I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...


We already have our franchise FS in Michael Griffin, and I don't think McCourty can play SS.


Oh yeah, my bad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25169
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...


Actually Jason is much different than Devin. Devin is more of a playmaker but Jason is a better cover corner. Plus I think Jason is better in the run game as well.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3093
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan


So at #10 you would take Warmack?

Not disagreeing with you. Just having a hard time justifying to myself taking a guard at 10, but with the way things are being projected it will probably be the best pick. I would like to think Sheldon Richardson would be the best for our team, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to bust.


I would have to. He is going to be going to the pro bowl probably every year (if it exist) and we can get that position locked up with a pro bowler so I would have to. D line is really deep this year so I would go that 2nd and DB 3rd and RB 4th then LB depth.


I think I would have to go Dee Milliner.

OG/C is so deep that you there will definitely be immediate starters you can get in the 2nd round and probably the 3rd round also. Our pass defense is just awful. It needs to be upgraded immediately.

Our offense isn't good either, but the only thing that will make it good is Jake Locker playing well. If he plays like he did last year you can have as many good lineman as you want and it won't put points on the board.

If Milliner is off of the board, I would say trade back if at all possible. The 2nd round is gold this year with OL, DL, and S being the deepest that have been in a very long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 10084
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:
I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...


Actually Jason is much different than Devin. Devin is more of a playmaker but Jason is a better cover corner. Plus I think Jason is better in the run game as well.


Devin McCourty was terrible at CB the last 2 years he has trouble making plays with his back towards the ball. He was moved to Saftey because he does make plays when he can keep his eyes on the ball. But i would not move Jason McCourty to Saftey. It just doesnt matter whos at Saftey right now because there never gonna be given a chance to make a play if we cant consistently get to the QB. But we do have to do better than Al Afalava if there really considering letting Babs go
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack


Last edited by Titans fan 617 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10622
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the senior bowl, I don't want nothing to do with an OG at #10.
There are at least 3 guys that can be had between the 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th round that can be starters.

I'd go CB or DT/DE at #10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait until free agency starts. The draft begins to get a lot clearer after that and the draft is probably one of my favorite things to watch lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1477
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I cannot wait until free agency starts. The draft begins to get a lot clearer after that and the draft is probably one of my favorite things to watch lol

Do you know what day that is? I am doing my internship teaching PE to elementary kids I may have to get sick that day haha
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25169
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
I cannot wait until free agency starts. The draft begins to get a lot clearer after that and the draft is probably one of my favorite things to watch lol

Do you know what day that is? I am doing my internship teaching PE to elementary kids I may have to get sick that day haha


Free Agency? Or The Draft?

March 12th at 4PM ET for Free Agency
April 25th-27th for Draft

Still too long away unfortunately Crying or Very sad
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 21 of 62

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group