Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan

So at #10 you would take Warmack?

Not disagreeing with you. Just having a hard time justifying to myself taking a guard at 10, but with the way things are being projected it will probably be the best pick. I would like to think Sheldon Richardson would be the best for our team, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to bust.
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan

Not disagreeing with you. Just having a hard time justifying to myself taking a guard at 10, but with the way things are being projected it will probably be the best pick. I would like to think Sheldon Richardson would be the best for our team, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to bust.

I would have to. He is going to be going to the pro bowl probably every year (if it exist) and we can get that position locked up with a pro bowler so I would have to. D line is really deep this year so I would go that 2nd and DB 3rd and RB 4th then LB depth.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done the research from the past drafts, but it really seems like defensive linemen are about a 50/50 proposition early in the first round. Guard, although a much less glamorous and slightly less impactful pick, strikes me as having a much lower bust rate.

Am I imagining things?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I just had a thought. Devin McCourty was alright at Corner then the Pats made him their FS and he has been tearing it up there. Since we have his identical twin should we try him at FS and see if he can be as good (since they are pretty close to the same person lol) and then draft Milliner in the 1st?

Just a thought...

We already have our franchise FS in Michael Griffin, and I don't think McCourty can play SS.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I haven't done the research from the past drafts, but it really seems like defensive linemen are about a 50/50 proposition early in the first round. Guard, although a much less glamorous and slightly less impactful pick, strikes me as having a much lower bust rate.

Am I imagining things?

Not at all. I was just thinking about this. Here's a list of DTs picked in the top 10 in the past 10 drafts.

2002-Ryan Sims-#6 overall
2002-John Henderson-#9 overall
2003-Dewayne Robertson-#4 overall
2003-Johnathan Sullivan-#6 overall
2003-Kevin Williams-#9 overall
2007-Amobi Okoye-#10 overall
2008-Glenn Dorsey-#5 overall
2008-Sedrick Ellis-#7 overall
2009-BJ Raji-#9 overall
2010-Ndamakong Suh-#2 overall
2010-Gerald McCoy-#3 overall
2010-Tyson Alualu-#10 overall

If you use the pro bowl to determine if a person's a bust or not, than only 7 out of 12 of those DTs are bust. Only two have been 1st Team All-Pros (Although there's still time for the guys from the 2007 draft and up to make).

The question is do we go with a more sure thing in Warmack or take a slight risk in one of the DTs. Or do we take neither and select Milliner? Should be fun to watch how it all plays out.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Just a thought...

We already have our franchise FS in Michael Griffin, and I don't think McCourty can play SS.

Oh yeah, my bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

Just a thought...

Actually Jason is much different than Devin. Devin is more of a playmaker but Jason is a better cover corner. Plus I think Jason is better in the run game as well.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Big Board
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Chance Warmack
4. Dee Milliner
5. Jarvis Jones
6. Sheldon Richardson
7. Dion Jordan

I would have to. He is going to be going to the pro bowl probably every year (if it exist) and we can get that position locked up with a pro bowler so I would have to. D line is really deep this year so I would go that 2nd and DB 3rd and RB 4th then LB depth.

I think I would have to go Dee Milliner.

OG/C is so deep that you there will definitely be immediate starters you can get in the 2nd round and probably the 3rd round also. Our pass defense is just awful. It needs to be upgraded immediately.

Our offense isn't good either, but the only thing that will make it good is Jake Locker playing well. If he plays like he did last year you can have as many good lineman as you want and it won't put points on the board.

If Milliner is off of the board, I would say trade back if at all possible. The 2nd round is gold this year with OL, DL, and S being the deepest that have been in a very long time.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Just a thought...

Actually Jason is much different than Devin. Devin is more of a playmaker but Jason is a better cover corner. Plus I think Jason is better in the run game as well.

Devin McCourty was terrible at CB the last 2 years he has trouble making plays with his back towards the ball. He was moved to Saftey because he does make plays when he can keep his eyes on the ball. But i would not move Jason McCourty to Saftey. It just doesnt matter whos at Saftey right now because there never gonna be given a chance to make a play if we cant consistently get to the QB. But we do have to do better than Al Afalava if there really considering letting Babs go

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Last edited by Titans fan 617 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the senior bowl, I don't want nothing to do with an OG at #10.
There are at least 3 guys that can be had between the 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th round that can be starters.

I'd go CB or DT/DE at #10.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait until free agency starts. The draft begins to get a lot clearer after that and the draft is probably one of my favorite things to watch lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I cannot wait until free agency starts. The draft begins to get a lot clearer after that and the draft is probably one of my favorite things to watch lol

Do you know what day that is? I am doing my internship teaching PE to elementary kids I may have to get sick that day haha

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Do you know what day that is? I am doing my internship teaching PE to elementary kids I may have to get sick that day haha

Free Agency? Or The Draft?

March 12th at 4PM ET for Free Agency
April 25th-27th for Draft

Still too long away unfortunately Crying or Very sad

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 21 of 62

Jump to: