Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all this Te'o talk, is this assuming a 3-4 switch? I can't really see us drafting a mike with how the team is on McCarthy. I think the 3 LB's we have can be solid if (1) they stay healthy and (2) we find a big DT that can absorb initial pressure and not let the center and / or guards get to the second levels so quickly.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
I still like Te'o. If we were to target him, i'd hope we could trade down a bit and get some value for him. Teo isn't a revolutionary type of linebacker. He's for the most part a mauling run stuffing MLB. To me he's a more athletic Brandon Spikes with the spirit and tenacity of Junior Seau. I think he's going to be an good pro and the leader of some top ranked run defenses.

Funny how this performance might drop him to the playoff teams in the draft. Seems to set up perfect for him to replace Ray Lewis in Baltimore. He'd dominate in that defense, IMO. AFC OC's better hope Ozzie Newsome doesn't swipe up this kid.

Exactly,
He'll drop to a team like, God forbid, the Texans lined up next to Cushing and then people would be"oh....wish we had someone like Teo leading our team."
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
With all this Te'o talk, is this assuming a 3-4 switch? I can't really see us drafting a mike with how the team is on McCarthy. I think the 3 LB's we have can be solid if (1) they stay healthy and (2) we find a big DT that can absorb initial pressure and not let the center and / or guards get to the second levels so quickly.

For me, I'm not even a Teo fan. I just can appreciate what I see from him and want something like that on my team.
My biggest issue isn't the number of LB's we have, it's the number of reliable and steady LB's we have.

McCarthy missed games last year, he missed over half the season this year and when he could go he wasn't effective.

For anyone not thinking he is a question mark, you are fooling yourself. I for one don't want to sit around hoping he ends up ok and then be left hanging when he gets dinged up again. The LB core can be too good to be left trying to put in scurbs to play that spot. A good LB could have been a difference in 2-3 Wins this year.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:

For me, I'm not even a Teo fan. I just can appreciate what I see from him and want something like that on my team.
My biggest issue isn't the number of LB's we have, it's the number of reliable and steady LB's we have.

McCarthy missed games last year, he missed over half the season this year and when he could go he wasn't effective.

For anyone not thinking he is a question mark, you are fooling yourself. I for one don't want to sit around hoping he ends up ok and then be left hanging when he gets dinged up again. The LB core can be too good to be left trying to put in scurbs to play that spot. A good LB could have been a difference in 2-3 Wins this year.

Your thinking is why I want Ellerbe or another MLB in free agency to push McCarthy to a reserve role. Why pick Teo at #10 when he is probably a mid 1st round pick? If the Titans move back to the late teens and draft Teo at that point, I would be ok with that pick. Otherwise, I want no part of Teo at #10. I think he will have a decent career, at this point he seems more Rey Maualuga than Junior Seau to me. JMO

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
NhTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'm supportive of drafting a player like Teo, I have a few other players I like more, but I'd still take him.

Last night changed nothing. You don't scrap everything over one game. He looked horrible last night, but so did the WHOLE Notre Dame team. You have to take in consideration that the team hasn't played in almost 2 months. And he had been on the awards circuit.
None are these are excuses, just factors to consider.

Alabama had no problems but they also have a better coach and a better team to deal with the factors.

Like I said earlier, I'd still draft some players off Notre Dame regardless of their performance, one game against a better team doesn't change that.

Just because we've been blown out multiple times by teams, doesn't mean we replace everyone because of the bad games they have had.

I think our draft spot is where teams will start considering him and where he should have been considered. Never was a Top 5 pick. Mid 1st is where I see him going.

Your right. Last night means nothing. Playing against legit future NFL players isn't something you should evaluate; rather, it's the cupcakes that ND rolled over during the regular season, with guys who won't sniff UDFA that we should be comparing him to.

Silly me.

That responce sounds like Tyrion Lannister. Well done sir!
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:

Your thinking is why I want Ellerbe or another MLB in free agency to push McCarthy to a reserve role. Why pick Teo at #10 when he is probably a mid 1st round pick? If the Titans move back to the late teens and draft Teo at that point, I would be ok with that pick. Otherwise, I want no part of Teo at #10. I think he will have a decent career, at this point he seems more Rey Maualuga than Junior Seau to me. JMO

I'm more than fine with that option too. I loved Ellerbe when he came out of Georgia.
More than anything I want the MLB position addressed. That's my top priority. Not drafting Teo. I like him. I do question #10. If they took him, I'd be fine.
More than anything address the MLB spot, with someone that will challegne or take the spot.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo was the most overrated linebacker in collegiate football and all Monday night did was prove that on national television. They played noone all season long. USC was the strongest team ND played and he only had 5 tackles. Only 5 TFL all season...

There's a reason that the BCS #1 ranked team was a 10 point underdog in Vegas. They walked through a cupcake schedule and Teo rode that bus making tackles 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and few of them solo.

Let someone else flop on him. He is most certainly out of the top ten, someone like the Browns will make a horrible decision and take him in the 20's in the first round.

Example: Brady Quinn/Brandon Weeden

We were bad last year, but please don't ever be Browns bad.

Last edited by TitanSS on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ruskie is the only one that agrees with me I'm going to have to start liking Michael Griffin.

I'm already starting to look at Kendall Wright as a bad pick. (Good player, not what we needed)
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
If Ruskie is the only one that agrees with me I'm going to have to start liking Michael Griffin.

I'm already starting to look at Kendall Wright as a bad pick. (Good player, not what we needed)

Don't get stupid. I agree with you about Te'o, and about Wright, too, for that matter. I felt that way about Wright the minute they drafted him.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Don't get stupid. I agree with you about Te'o, and about Wright, too, for that matter. I felt that way about Wright the minute they drafted him.

I'm still mad we passed on DeCastro or Jones for Wright. Don't get me wrong I like Wright, he had a great rookie season, I think he can be a weapon but it wasn't anywhere close to being a need for us in my eyes. Some people on here will tell you otherwise even with selecting him they feel we still need to sign Bowe or Wallace... That is beyond me but I agree 100% about Wright. Like the player just not the pick especially considering DeCastro and Jones were there both who I wanted us to take.

Te'o I was on the bandwagon for the 10th pick... no longer am I. If we had a later pick then I'm all for it but not at 10 I would like to grab an impact dl, even Millner... I'd love Warmack I just don't see Munch taking a guard at 10 especially with the depth in this years draft.

And I am posting this on all posts dealing with the draft until draft day I make... I want Eddie Lacy

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I'm still mad we passed on DeCastro or Jones for Wright. Don't get me wrong I like Wright, he had a great rookie season, I think he can be a weapon but it wasn't anywhere close to being a need for us in my eyes. Some people on here will tell you otherwise even with selecting him they feel we still need to sign Bowe or Wallace... That is beyond me but I agree 100% about Wright. Like the player just not the pick especially considering DeCastro and Jones were there both who I wanted us to take.

Te'o I was on the bandwagon for the 10th pick... no longer am I. If we had a later pick then I'm all for it but not at 10 I would like to grab an impact dl, even Millner... I'd love Warmack I just don't see Munch taking a guard at 10 especially with the depth in this years draft.

And I am posting this on all posts dealing with the draft until draft day I make... I want Eddie Lacy

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I didn't catch the broadcast, but apparently Munch was going on and on about improving the OL during his weekly show this week. I think they might pull the trigger on an OL early.

Eddie Lacy is my kind of RB.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

By most accounts this is a better year for OGs than last. So i'm good with passing of DeCastro. Either one of those Alabama boys might grade out better than DeCastro.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

By most accounts this is a better year for OGs than last. So i'm good with passing of DeCastro. Either one of those Alabama boys might grade out better than DeCastro.

I agree. Jones can play OG or Center and Warmack is just a beast at OG. I would be cool with either of those guys at #10 or move back and take one of them in the mid teens. When DeCastro came back from his injury he had a couple of holding calls against San Diego, was getting rolled by Geno Akins and the DT from Cleveland(I think it was Phil Taylor). I don't know if those games were his rookie "moments", but I was not impressed.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Really, we could use DeCastro and Warmack on our team.

If you want to pay a running back as much as we do, might as well be able to block for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 15 of 62

Jump to: