Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.

Read some of the pages again, not calling out names but I had a laugh.

Yeah, Bama has a good offense... NFL caliber talent. Just a sneak preview of how Te'O transitions.

Yes, I agree that this was an abnormally bad game. But where was the Urlacher athleticism? The leadership? The sound tackling, block shedding?

Depending on his combine, I'd at best consider him in the 2nd, if not later.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Flylow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
So.

Read some of the pages again, not calling out names but I had a laugh.

Yeah, Bama has a good offense... NFL caliber talent. Just a sneak preview of how Te'O transitions.

Yes, I agree that this was an abnormally bad game. But where was the Urlacher athleticism? The leadership? The sound tackling, block shedding?

Depending on his combine, I'd at best consider him in the 2nd, if not later.

I doubt this one game will knock him that low. IMO, if a NFL team liked him before this game, they will still like him after this game. ND was just simply outmatched and no one on that team played up to their true potential. NFL scouts are smart enough to figure that out and I'm sure a team in the top 15 will be glad to take Manti Te'o. I hope it's not the Titans, but if for some reason he is the pick. I'm sure we all, as Titans fans, would get over it and learn to love the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't like Teo at #10 before last night, definately do not want him at #10 this morning. The OG Wamack from Alabama is a beast. BTW what was up with him showing his belly all game? I thought I was watching a Rick Ross music video. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be fine with Warmack at #10. I also would be happy with Lacy in the later rounds. He had an awesome game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy that wanted Ta'o with the 10th pick here... all I can say is Crying or Very sad

He was out of position and picking the wrong gaps on almost every play in the first half. His D-Line never slowed down the runners at the first level which gave him no opportunity to recover, and he was the big reason they had the long run for that 2nd TD.

On another note, imagine if CJ had holes like that when he ran! Shocked
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leadership that is so desperately needed on this team was Te'o's ( Shocked ) biggest quality that drew me to him. I'd prefer a trenches guy with the 10 pick, but i felt that if Te'o was the highest available player available and the Titans picked him at 10, I'd be alright with that.

Well, it's safe to say he lost himself some money last night. Some "expert" sites had him as high as 1... and while he may not drop low enough to be there with our 2nd pick, he's definitely fallen into playoff team territory.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supportive of drafting a player like Teo, I have a few other players I like more, but I'd still take him.

Last night changed nothing. You don't scrap everything over one game. He looked horrible last night, but so did the WHOLE Notre Dame team. You have to take in consideration that the team hasn't played in almost 2 months. And he had been on the awards circuit.
None are these are excuses, just factors to consider.

Alabama had no problems but they also have a better coach and a better team to deal with the factors.

Like I said earlier, I'd still draft some players off Notre Dame regardless of their performance, one game against a better team doesn't change that.

Just because we've been blown out multiple times by teams, doesn't mean we replace everyone because of the bad games they have had.

I think our draft spot is where teams will start considering him and where he should have been considered. Never was a Top 5 pick. Mid 1st is where I see him going.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'm supportive of drafting a player like Teo, I have a few other players I like more, but I'd still take him.

Last night changed nothing. You don't scrap everything over one game. He looked horrible last night, but so did the WHOLE Notre Dame team. You have to take in consideration that the team hasn't played in almost 2 months. And he had been on the awards circuit.

Alabama had no problems but they also have a better coach and a better team to deal with the factors.

Like I said earlier, I'd still draft some players off Notre Dame regardless of their performance, one game against a better team doesn't change that.

Just because we've been blown out multiple times by teams, doesn't mean we replace everyone because of the bad games they have had.

I think our draft spot is where teams will start considering him and where he should have been considered. Never was a Top 5 pick. Mid 1st is where I see him going.

Your right. Last night means nothing. Playing against legit future NFL players isn't something you should evaluate; rather, it's the cupcakes that ND rolled over during the regular season, with guys who won't sniff UDFA that we should be comparing him to.

Silly me.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Your right. Last night means nothing. Playing against legit future NFL players isn't something you should evaluate; rather, it's the cupcakes that ND rolled over during the regular season, with guys who won't sniff UDFA that we should be comparing him to.

Silly me.

Did I saw throw out the game? It is used as part of the evaluation, but to act like he gonna be lucky to be even drafted is silly too.
Point is one game doesn't erase the skills he has displayed throughout the season.
Argue if he is worth #10 all you want, that is reasonable and logical.

I still think he will make a good NFL player.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Silly me.

Did I saw throw out the game? It is used as part of the evaluation, but to act like he gonna be lucky to be even drafted is silly too.
Point is one game doesn't erase the skills he has displayed throughout the season.
Argue if he is worth #10 all you want, that is reasonable and logical.

I still think he will make a good NFL player.

Well he's still one of the prospects on my list at #10, and I wouldn't shed one tear if we took him. Putting him in the middle of Ayers and Brown would totally galvanize that LB corps.

Makes me feel like singing just thinking about it.
TE'O!!! Te', e', e'o...Here I come and me won't go home!!!

KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Well he's still one of the prospects on my list at #10, and I wouldn't shed one tear if we took him. Putting him in the middle of Ayers and Brown would totally galvanize that LB corps.

yeah...I still have him as a player I'd be ok taking at #10. I'm pretty sure during the draft season he will work back up into a lot of good graces, if that game knocked him down.
Im not saying he will change a defense, but he would be an important and key piece to a team for years and you wouldnt have to worry about the MLB spot.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

yeah...I still have him as a player I'd be ok taking at #10. I'm pretty sure during the draft season he will work back up into a lot of good graces, if that game knocked him down.
Im not saying he will change a defense, but he would be an important and key piece to a team for years and you wouldnt have to worry about the MLB spot.

And this is one of the main things I'm gunning for, especially the last part. It was so frustrating having McCarthy miss so many games with nagging injuries, including a freakin' concussion. I've been waiting and begging for a kickass LB corps for years, and we're almost there with these 3 youngsters. We would actually be there if "Area 52" could stay healthy, but that's always been his biggest knock.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take Te'o at #10, it'll be worse than the Kendall Wright pick last season, and I'm sure you are all familiar with that short fat slow undersized WR.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Teo. #10 Dee Milliner, #39 Eddie Lacy

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Last edited by Ockham on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Te'o. If we were to target him, i'd hope we could trade down a bit and get some value for him. Teo isn't a revolutionary type of linebacker. He's for the most part a mauling run stuffing MLB. To me he's a more athletic Brandon Spikes with the spirit and tenacity of Junior Seau. I think he's going to be an good pro and the leader of some top ranked run defenses.

Funny how this performance might drop him to the playoff teams in the draft. Seems to set up perfect for him to replace Ray Lewis in Baltimore. He'd dominate in that defense, IMO. AFC OC's better hope Ozzie Newsome doesn't swipe up this kid.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 14 of 62

Jump to: