Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Not sure where to ask this do I'll just ask it here.

Are you guys willing to trade Kenny Britt? For how much? Would you like Titus Young along with a draft pick?

I'd trade him but the lowest I'd take is a 2nd. Never would I want a headcase like Titus though Laughing
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Are you guys willing to trade Kenny Britt? For how much? Would you like Titus Young along with a draft pick?

I'd trade him but the lowest I'd take is a 2nd. Never would I want a headcase like Titus though Laughing
I was just thinking a head case for a head case. Obviously your head case is better. So Titus and a 3rd wouldn't do it for you?

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I was just thinking a head case for a head case. Obviously your head case is better. So Titus and a 3rd wouldn't do it for you?

Our headcase just loves to drink though. Titus fights with teammates which ruins a team. I'd probably do a 3rd and later pick.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Our headcase just loves to drink though. Titus fights with teammates which ruins a team. I'd probably do a 3rd and later pick.
Okay, I'd trade a 3rd, a later pick, and Titus for Britt. If we could get Britt to straighten out Shocked easily worth the risk for the Lions, not so much for you guys though.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner, Elam, LeVeon Bell, Dion Sims, Shariff Floyd, and William Gholston all declared today.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to watching the Fiesta Bowl with prospects such as....

DE - Dion Jordan - Oregon
LB - Arthur Brown - Kansas State
LB - Kiko Alonso - Oregon
RB - Kenjon Barner - Oregon
S - Ty Zimmerman - Kansas State
EmoryTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could somehow grab Da'Rick Rogers in a later round (1st round talent, lots of character concerns), I'd be pretty happy about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHOXRyDLuw
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who wouldn't be upset with drafting interior o-lineman with our first two picks?

Let's say we sign someone like Glen Dorsey this offseason. We then decide to draft the BPA at #10, who so happens to be Chance Warmack from Bama. I know OG's never go in the top 10 but if he's the best value available, why past over him. There's actually a good debate about this in NFL Draft. Anyway, our second round pick comes around and Barrett Jones also from Bama, happens to be available. We select him and use the later rounds for DE,S, LB. Now a lot can and will change from now until the draft but depending on how our FA period goes, I'd have no problem if we took this approach. I'm sure many will disagree however.

With all that being said, Bama vs ND is going to a big watch for me to see how Warmack, Jones and Bama's o-line does against Nix III, Tuitt, Teo, and ND's front seven. Should be fun to watch.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Am I the only one who wouldn't be upset with drafting interior o-lineman with our first two picks?

Let's say we sign someone like Glen Dorsey this offseason. We then decide to draft the BPA at #10, who so happens to be Chance Warmack from Bama. I know OG's never go in the top 10 but if he's the best value available, why past over him. There's actually a good debate about this in NFL Draft. Anyway, our second round pick comes around and Barrett Jones also from Bama, happens to be available. We select him and use the later rounds for DE,S, LB. Now a lot can and will change from now until the draft but depending on how our FA period goes, I'd have no problem if we took this approach. I'm sure many will disagree however.

With all that being said, Bama vs ND is going to a big watch for me to see how Warmack, Jones and Bama's o-line does against Nix III, Tuitt, Teo, and ND's front seven. Should be fun to watch.

I hate the idea of drafting an OLman in the 1st. 1st is where you get impact players in my opinion. Offensive lineman, Interior guys at that are just not impact.

2nd round someone like Johnathan Cooper from UNC would do well.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I hate the idea of drafting an OLman in the 1st. 1st is where you get impact players in my opinion. Offensive lineman, Interior guys at that are just not impact.

I feel if there are offensive linemen that we feel can be dominant players, then I say draft them. Whether it's the first round or not. We were one of the best teams in the league from 99-03 because we controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As Seattle is showing right now, that can still be an extremely successful gameplan. You don't need to have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning to be successful in this league. Seattle has done the wise thing in realizing that. They've got an efficient QB who takes care of the ball and can make a play every once in a while. That's all you need in that system.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I feel if there are offensive linemen that we feel can be dominant players, then I say draft them. Whether it's the first round or not. We were one of the best teams in the league from 99-03 because we controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As Seattle is showing right now, that can still be an extremely successful gameplan. You don't need to have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning to be successful in this league. Seattle has done the wise thing in realizing that. They've got an efficient QB who takes care of the ball and can make a play every once in a while. That's all you need in that system.

i'm not saying to ignore it, but he 1st round. I just can't bring my mind to do that.

Spend money in FA if needed..lol but something about drafting one in the 1st just irks me.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I had this mentality before but watching this past season has made me take a complete 180. You mention that interior guys are not impact guys. While I agree to a certain degree, a great interior guy can lead to others becoming impact players. At this point is CJ an impact player? It's clear that CJ thrives when he has a great o-line. An OG, like Warmack, who can pave running lanes would not only help CJ but also Locker. Watching Alabama play, the running lanes their RBs have is unbelievable. If Warmack has a great game against ND's Dline along with doing well at the combine and his pro day, it would warrant us picking him imo. If we could get Warmack and Jones (who has played multiple positions on the oline) I beieve it would help CJ and Locker become impact players.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I had this mentality before but watching this past season has made me take a complete 180. You mention that interior guys are not impact guys. While I agree to a certain degree, a great interior guy can lead to others becoming impact players. At this point is CJ an impact player? It's clear that CJ thrives when he has a great o-line. An OG, like Warmack, who can pave running lanes would not only help CJ but also Locker. Watching Alabama play, the running lanes their RBs have is unbelievable. If Warmack has a great game against ND's Dline along with doing well at the combine and his pro day, it would warrant us picking him imo. If we could get Warmack and Jones (who has played multiple positions on the oline) I beieve it would help CJ and Locker become impact players.

Yeah this year made me want to think about trading down for an OL in the 1st and I'd want one in the 2nd.
I always felt you can get a OG in the 3rd.

While, OG's aren't just interchangeable, guys off the street can have some success. CJ's 94 yrd run showed that. With DeVan being a key guy on that run.

But regardless, I'm willing to admit we need to go get some talent at the position.....
I'd reallly really just hope we land the OG from Buffalo in FA and take one in the 2nd/3rd.
Smile
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
But regardless, I'm willing to admit we need to go get some talent at the position.....

Welcome aboard. We've been waiting. Laughing
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending our top 2 picks on interior lineman? Think
Really don't see the need to do that. Velasco showed he was a huge upgrade over Amano and IMO should be resigned to be our center going forward. I like Warmack alot but just not a top 10 pick. He's a top 10 talent in this draft, but shouldn't be a top 10 pick. Dallas Thomas in the 2nd would be great IMO. Get a defensive player in the 1st(Star, Moore, Richardson, Hankins, Jenkins, Werner) and interior O-Lineman in the 2nd(Thomas, Warford, Cooper but I doubt he'll be there). No need to go all-out on the O-Line. My ideal situation is to resign Velasco, sign Levitre, and draft a guard 4th round or later to replace Hutch in a year or 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 11 of 62

Jump to: