Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest need is a defensive leader- we need someone that is going to give our defense an identity
My number 1 wish is Manti Te'o. McCarthy injury or not is HIGHlY overrated on all boards. He has a nose for the ball, but he is not the leader this defense needs. He does not shed blockers great and he can not stay healthy. Also showing he does not do well in coverag against backs and TEs. An awesome high character guy you need in the locker room, will fit in with the team still, but Te'o has ray Lewis ability. We need an enforcer- we need a face to our defense.
From there you have to move to the trenches wether it be OL or DL you have to take the best available.

We are very weak I Certain areas and we will be losing a lot of our depth to free agency this offseason. I predict we only bring back Bironas and Velasco.. Maybe some of the others but we need to retool.

S is a big problem and I'm not sure what's out there in Free agency, Reid is good but there's a lot to dislike about him on film. Elam is a playmaker but is limited and I'm not sure he's any better than what we have. I hope there is someone in free agency that can help us.

I think our biggest need as a team is helping find our identity on both sides of the ball- wish our coaching staff had done a much better job with that.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
S is a big problem and I'm not sure what's out there in Free agency, Reid is good but there's a lot to dislike about him on film. Elam is a playmaker but is limited and I'm not sure he's any better than what we have. I hope there is someone in free agency that can help us

This serious?

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry let me clarify- he can not play opposite of Griffin- and while griffin sucks we just signed him long term and Elam may not be an immediate upgrade to him- so I doubt we draft that high to replace him.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to see what Martin can do. He can't be much worse than what we've got. I can't see us carrying Griff/Babs/Afalava/Johnson all into next season. None of them bring much to the table.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
I'm excited to see what Martin can do. He can't be much worse than what we've got. I can't see us carrying Griff/Babs/Afalava/Johnson all into next season. None of them bring much to the table.

I think Babs will be cut. Afalava won't come back and Johnson might be cut too...

Griff is the only one who most likely will return. Unless there is some loophole in his contract where we can cut him and not be penalized much.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Marks has played ok this year but he's not starter material and he'll be a FA this offseason. I doubt he's coming back. DT is the strongest position in this draft. There's potentially 7 guys that could go in the 1st. Casey is a pretty good run defender with a solid pass-rush but has no one noticed that when our ends do beat their man, all the QB has to do is step up in the pocket and he's fine. That's because there's hardly any push from our other DT beside Casey. Klug is looking like a 1 year wonder and Martin IMO will never be starter material. Lotulelei, Hankins, Richardson, Nix, or Jenkins in the 1st would be my pick. If Moore is available when we pick then I'd jump at the pick but that's the only DE I'd consider with our most likely top 10 pick. The O-Line has played pretty solid this season and in no way would I take a guard that high. Get one in the 3rd or through FA.

I'm not ready to give up on Martin as starter. He has flashed. I think get him in a full off-season program, he will improve dramatically.

Klug was one year wonder. Maybe he should be a DE? dunno..

Only DT that has made me want to pick them in the 1st is Star. Everyone else looks like the normal "Gerlad McCoyish" great College DT to be an average Pro DT. Star Lotulelei is the one that looks like a game changer.

Jenkins is a Nose that looks doesn't give much in terms of pass rush in my view.....
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
S is a big problem and I'm not sure what's out there in Free agency, Reid is good but there's a lot to dislike about him on film. Elam is a playmaker but is limited and I'm not sure he's any better than what we have. I hope there is someone in free agency that can help us

This serious?

I hope not. Elam is a beast.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Marks has played ok this year but he's not starter material and he'll be a FA this offseason. I doubt he's coming back. DT is the strongest position in this draft. There's potentially 7 guys that could go in the 1st. Casey is a pretty good run defender with a solid pass-rush but has no one noticed that when our ends do beat their man, all the QB has to do is step up in the pocket and he's fine. That's because there's hardly any push from our other DT beside Casey. Klug is looking like a 1 year wonder and Martin IMO will never be starter material. Lotulelei, Hankins, Richardson, Nix, or Jenkins in the 1st would be my pick. If Moore is available when we pick then I'd jump at the pick but that's the only DE I'd consider with our most likely top 10 pick. The O-Line has played pretty solid this season and in no way would I take a guard that high. Get one in the 3rd or through FA.

I'm not ready to give up on Martin as starter. He has flashed. I think get him in a full off-season program, he will improve dramatically.

Klug was one year wonder. Maybe he should be a DE? dunno..

Only DT that has made me want to pick them in the 1st is Star. Everyone else looks like the normal "Gerlad McCoyish" great College DT to be an average Pro DT. Star Lotulelei is the one that looks like a game changer.

Jenkins is a Nose that looks doesn't give much in terms of pass rush in my view.....

McCoy isn't really average though. The reason for the slow start to his career were the injuries. Louis Nix is not far off Star's level and he's only a junior. If he come's out, he should be a top 10 pick. Without Nix, Notre Dame's defense would not be what they are.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

This serious?

Agreed. Elam is my top safety and is a playmaker who also isn't afraid of contact and can tackle.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

This serious?

Agreed. Elam is my top safety and is a playmaker who also isn't afraid of contact and can tackle.

He's number 1 for me as well with Robert Lester number 2.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I firmly believe we need to build our defense up from the trenches. You get a great defensive line, pass rushing and run stopping, and the whole defense will look a lot better.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I firmly believe we need to build our defense up from the trenches. You get a great defensive line, pass rushing and run stopping, and the whole defense will look a lot better.

I agree. Big Al & KVB made that dreadlock wearing FS look all world his 1st couple of years in the league.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I agree. Big Al & KVB made that dreadlock wearing FS look all world his 1st couple of years in the league.

Agreed. I think it was mostly Big Al. God I miss those days of our dominant defense. That's mostly why I want a dominant DT so bad. Casey is good but he's nowhere even close to Big Al's level. Our rotation in 08 was great at DT with AL, Tony Brown, and JJ. We have the rotation but we don't have that dominant DT anymore. Hopefully we can get Star but I doubt it. He'll most likely fall right into Jacksonville's lap Crying or Very sad

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Agreed. I think it was mostly Big Al. God I miss those days of our dominant defense. That's mostly why I want a dominant DT so bad. Casey is good but he's nowhere even close to Big Al's level. Our rotation in 08 was great at DT with AL, Tony Brown, and JJ. We have the rotation but we don't have that dominant DT anymore. Hopefully we can get Star but I doubt it. He'll most likely fall right into Jacksonville's lap Crying or Very sad

He is the number 1 guy I want with our first pick, but we are really going to have to suck the rest of our games and hope other sucky teams start winning some.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
#    TEAM    PCT      SOS
 1    KAN    0.154    0.500
 2    JAC    0.154    0.538
 3    OAK    0.231    0.457
 4    PHI    0.308    0.510
 5    CAR    0.308    0.510
 6    TEN    0.308    0.529
 7    ARI    0.308    0.563
 8    DET    0.308    0.563
 9    SDG    0.385    0.452
10    BUF    0.385    0.495

We currently have the 6th pick after Week 14.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 2 of 62

Jump to: