You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I think we have either the 9th or 10th pick that would be decided by a coin flip right now Crying or Very sad

That isn't bad....

A website ranks these as Top 20 Talent: (relevant to our needs)
1.Star Lotulelei, DT
2. Bjoern Werner, DE
3. Jarvis Jones, OLB
4. Manti Te'o, ILB
5. John Jenkins, DT
6. Damontre Moore, DE
7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
8. Dee Milliner, CB
9. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
10. Eric Reid, FS
11.Chance Warmack, OG
12. Xavier Rhodes, CB
13.Johnathan Hankins, DT

I don't like everyone on the list, but anyone of these guys could significantly improve our team.
Star was likely out of reach anyway. I'm hearing whispers of #1 overall for him, since the QB class is soooooo weak.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:
I think we have either the 9th or 10th pick that would be decided by a coin flip right now Crying or Very sad

That isn't bad....

1.Star Lotulelei, DT
2. Bjoern Werner, DE
3. Jarvis Jones, OLB
4. Manti Te'o, ILB
5. John Jenkins, DT
6. Damontre Moore, DE
7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
8. Dee Milliner, CB
9. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
10. Eric Reid, FS
11.Chance Warmack, OG
12. Xavier Rhodes, CB
13.Johnathan Hankins, DT

I don't like everyone on the list, but anyone of these guys could significantly improve our team.
Star was likely out of reach anyway. I'm hearing whispers of #1 overall for him, since the QB class is soooooo weak.

Im thinking we lose to Packers and win against Jags so I don't know where that would leave us but out of those players my board would be:
1. Lotulelei
2. Moore
3. Warmack
4. Te'o
5. Milliner

I would really love Moore.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our front 7 is coming around, and with more help on the back end could actually be considered a better unit. Grabbing a safety like Reid would be intriguing. It's been a weak spot for a few years now. With Morgan seeming like he may actually have something to offer, maybe d-line isn't a first round priority.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

That isn't bad....

1.Star Lotulelei, DT
2. Bjoern Werner, DE
3. Jarvis Jones, OLB
4. Manti Te'o, ILB
5. John Jenkins, DT
6. Damontre Moore, DE
7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
8. Dee Milliner, CB
9. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
10. Eric Reid, FS
11.Chance Warmack, OG
12. Xavier Rhodes, CB
13.Johnathan Hankins, DT

You said relevant to our needs, so why did you list Jones, Teo, and Mingo? We're set at LB starter wise even if anyone does think McCarthy is injury prone. We do need better depth however and adding a LB in the 1st would be huge mistake. Honestly the way our defense has played lately, we're only 2 key pieces, and some players away from a top 10 D IMO. If we can add a good starting DT(Star, Richardson, Jenkins) in the 1st, a good starting SS in the 2nd(Elam, McDonald, or Lester in the 3rd), and then improve our depth at LB and DE through FA. We'll need another CB but I'm not ready to give up on Sensabaugh yet. The D has looked promising ever since the the Chicago game ended. The blitzes Gray is calling are great. What took him so long to do this?

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

That isn't bad....

1.Star Lotulelei, DT
2. Bjoern Werner, DE
3. Jarvis Jones, OLB
4. Manti Te'o, ILB
5. John Jenkins, DT
6. Damontre Moore, DE
7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
8. Dee Milliner, CB
9. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
10. Eric Reid, FS
11.Chance Warmack, OG
12. Xavier Rhodes, CB
13.Johnathan Hankins, DT

You said relevant to our needs, so why did you list Jones, Teo, and Mingo? We're set at LB starter wise even if anyone does think McCarthy is injury prone. We do need better depth however and adding a LB in the 1st would be huge mistake. Honestly the way our defense has played lately, we're only 2 key pieces, and some players away from a top 10 D IMO. If we can add a good starting DT(Star, Richardson, Jenkins) in the 1st, a good starting SS in the 2nd(Elam, McDonald, or Lester in the 3rd), and then improve our depth at LB and DE through FA. We'll need another CB but I'm not ready to give up on Sensabaugh yet. The D has looked promising ever since the the Chicago game ended. The blitzes Gray is calling are great. What took him so long to do this?

Even if you personally disagree, you can't ignore the fact that, the Titans may pick the best football on the board regardless of their position.

We need a LB help one way or another. There is no telling how the Titans may feel about Teo and Jones. Jones could be a version of Von Miller/ Aldon Smith. You can never have enough of those guys. You have to adjust your scheme to get them on the field.

I love McCarthy, but can't trust him right now. MLB needs to be addressed. We need a starter like guy there. If that is McCarthy I'm super pumped, but if not. Then you look wherever you can. That is what the good teams do. They take Von Miller, even though you got Dumerville. You take Aaron Rodgers even if you got Brett Farve.

IF they feel Teo is that special then sorry, he may be the pick and let the best player play. Hell convert to a 3-4..lol
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
I think our front 7 is coming around, and with more help on the back end could actually be considered a better unit. Grabbing a safety like Reid would be intriguing. It's been a weak spot for a few years now. With Morgan seeming like he may actually have something to offer, maybe d-line isn't a first round priority.

DT is. Marks is gone after this season and even if he wasn't, he's nothing special and he's constantly getting dumb penalties. Martin and Klug are both great rotation guys. I love Casey as much as anyone but he's more of the sidekick kind of like Tony Brown was to Haynesworth(obviously Casey is more talented than Brown). A beast in the middle like Star, Richardson, or Jenkins would be great for this defense.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

I wouldn't be upset with that range. I think the Packers DL will kill the OL this Sunday and Rogers is going to have the dreadlocked one on skates, so the Titans will lose Sunday and beat Jville next week.

I hope that they can get someone to trade up into the top 10 and move back for some additional picks. maybe move back to 12 or 13 and still get that defensive stud to help round out the defense. Zach Brown, Ayers, Casey, Morgan, Martin, Klug & (McCarthy Pray) are a nice nucleus in the front seven. Waive Babs, Mouton and Campbell. Campbell IMO is really a mental midget. How are you going to see the field on defense, when you can't stop making stupid mistakes on special teams? uggh...

Why was Babs allowed back on the field last night after that second penalty? uggh again...

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Guy I'm really falling in love with is Ezekiel Ansah.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

That isn't bad....

1.Star Lotulelei, DT
2. Bjoern Werner, DE
3. Jarvis Jones, OLB
4. Manti Te'o, ILB
5. John Jenkins, DT
6. Damontre Moore, DE
7. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
8. Dee Milliner, CB
9. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
10. Eric Reid, FS
11.Chance Warmack, OG
12. Xavier Rhodes, CB
13.Johnathan Hankins, DT

Even if you personally disagree, you can't ignore the fact that, the Titans may pick the best football on the board regardless of their position.

We need a LB help one way or another. There is no telling how the Titans may feel about Teo and Jones. Jones could be a version of Von Miller/ Aldon Smith. You can never have enough of those guys. You have to adjust your scheme to get them on the field.

I love McCarthy, but can't trust him right now. MLB needs to be addressed. We need a starter like guy there. If that is McCarthy I'm super pumped, but if not. Then you look wherever you can. That is what the good teams do. They take Von Miller, even though you got Dumerville. You take Aaron Rodgers even if you got Brett Farve.

IF they feel Teo is that special then sorry, he may be the pick and let the best player play. Hell convert to a 3-4..lol

You listed two examples but in one, Miller is a SLB and Dumerville is a DE. Rodgers was drafted to take over for Favre once he was done. Taking Jones in the 1st when you already have a very good and young SLB in Ayers. Plus he has spinal problem which is a huge red flag. I've said before, I agree we need better depth behind our starting LBs who can be spot starters. No need to draft Teo. Speaking of Teo, everyone will learn he won't be anything special come draft time. When your behind the best D-Line in college football, I'd hope you could do some of the stuff he did.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Now we're speaking the same language. He'll shoot up draft boards after the combine. Looking forward to seeing him in BYU's bowl game.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
You listed two examples but in one, Miller is a SLB and Dumerville is a DE. Rodgers was drafted to take over for Favre once he was done. Taking Jones in the 1st when you already have a very good and young SLB in Ayers. Plus he has spinal problem which is a huge red flag. I've said before, I agree we need better depth behind our starting LBs who can be spot starters. No need to draft Teo. Speaking of Teo, everyone will learn he won't be anything special come draft time. When your behind the best D-Line in college football, I'd hope you could do some of the stuff he did.

Well, examples were rock solid but point was the same. Smile

You know Green Bay takes WRs even when they had at least 2 #1's on the squad.
Just sometimes you take a player because you think he may end up special. Not saying Teo is or isn't. Like the Lions, sure they messed up twice with Roy Williams and that other guy Rodgers. But they saw Calvin Johnson and said EVEN though...lol we drafted multiple guys at WR, Calvin is special.
Didn't hurt the other WRs sucked but still...

I'm just not going to rule out the drafting of Teo.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Now we're speaking the same language. He'll shoot up draft boards after the combine. Looking forward to seeing him in BYU's bowl game.

I am weary of this guy. He did not start playing football until he got to BYU. He will put up great #s at the combine, but to draft him in the top 10? He is not Alden Smith IMO and to draft him that high is risky. I will take another look in the bowl game. Wink

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I am weary of this guy. He did not start playing football until he got to BYU. He will put up great #s at the combine, but to draft him in the top 10? He is not Alden Smith IMO and to draft him that high is risky. I will take another look in the bowl game. Wink

He's going to be raw just like Dion Jordan and Sam Montgomery. What I love about Ansah is that they lined him up everywhere at BYU. Both DE spots in a 4-3, both DT spots in a 4-3, NT in a 3-4, both OLB spots in a 3-4. He's constantly doubled teamed and I love his give it all mentality. He goes hard every snap. Him in the 1st would not disappoint me. That DE rotation would be nasty with him Morgan and Wimbley.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing is all of our needs should have tremendous talent and depth this year(DT,DE,S,OG). That should lead to quality talent being available in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round.

I'll also like to add that if there's any year where I'm not upset about late season wins messing up our draft position, it's this year. There's not any "can't miss" prospects this year. The 2014 draft on the otherhand......

#MTGA
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of anyone's stance on McCarthy, we've invested 2 2nds in Brown and Ayers, and they are looking the part.

I'd bet my ridiculous non-existent government salary that we go defensive line.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 4 of 62

Jump to: