Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

And Dionysus, I would love for the Titans to trade back into the late teens/early 20s and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The 2nd round is where the most value is going to be this coming draft.

In a fantasy land, we could trade back to say 21st ( I'm not sure who has the pick I'm just being vague) and pick up Jonathan Banks/Kawaan Short/Ezekiel Ansah/Barrett Jones/ Jonathan Cooper and then pick up a 2nd round pick and use it to draft Larry Warford and Jonathan Cyprien in the second round..

There are some good second round CBs as well.

I'm usually a proponent of trading back... I just don't I'd want to this year. We should have plenty of picks once they comp picks are assigned (we're definitely getting a 3rd for Finny). While the team needs depth, I think we also need at least 1-2 impact players on the team. We need to get one of those in the 1st round. I believe we're in a position to take that player where we're at, and don't gain much by trading back to acquire an extra 3rd rounder.

But that's just MO.

Agree with you on needing the impact player. Just am not seeing much of a drop off in projected talent from 10th to 25th. Once you get past Damonte Moore and Star Lotulelei the talent, from my perspective, doesn't drop off for awhile. At 10, the only player projected to still be available that I find is talented enough to be taken that early is Chance Warmack (I'm scared Sheldon Richardson will be a bust). And I believe that Warmack at 10 will improve the performance of the Titans OL no more than Larry Warford at 42. Which is why I feel like the most value in the draft is to be had in the 2nd round.

I wasn't aware of another 3rd for Finny. That will help out a lot with as deep as the draft is, and fortunately, in a lot of areas of need for the Titans (S, DL, OL, CB). QB,RB,TE, and LB all seem fairly weak in comparison, top end and in depth.

I read that we are only likely to get a 6th or 7th round pick.

We'll definitely get a 3rd for Finnegan's contract. Maybe the place where you read it from didn't take into account that our 2 "big" FA acquisitions don't count against us when determining comp picks (both Wimbley and Hutch were cut from their previous teams, not FA's coming off expiring contracts). Not only did we lose Finny, but Jason Jones could also get us another pick later in the draft (6th maybe, but probably a 7th). I don't think any other FA loss will probably get us anything (Maybe Avery?)... but I can't think of a single qualifying FA that we signed that would negate the Finny/Jones losses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Hayes had 7 sacks with the Rams. Maybe get a comp pick for him?

PS. I just saw an analysis that predicted Titans with a 3rd for Finnigan, a 5th for Jones and a 7th for Hayes, but he was iffy on Hayes.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
William Hayes had 7 sacks with the Rams. Maybe get a comp pick for him?

PS. I just saw an analysis that predicted Titans with a 3rd for Finnigan, a 5th for Jones and a 7th for Hayes, but he was iffy on Hayes.

That may seem a bit optimistic. I don't think stats matter much... and is a more of a formula that includes contract amount, games played/started, and post season awards. Still impressive to hear about Hayes... I didn't think he had put up those kinda stats. Good for him and Fish.

Of course a 3rd, a 5th, and a 7th would be great!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was just wondering, chances on you guys taking Chance lol? If you guys pass on him I think he is ours, I hope he is ours at least.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt Fisher picks O-line in first round.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, chances on you guys taking Chance lol? If you guys pass on him I think he is ours, I hope he is ours at least.

I hope Chance wasn't one of those Bama guys that was allegedly spraying antler spray like mouthwash in 2012. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:

That's another thing I'm worried about , hopefully he realizes his talent lol

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Ockham wrote:

That's another thing I'm worried about , hopefully he realizes his talent lol

We took a tackle or two in the 1st round during his tenure in Tennessee (Brad Hopkins, for sure) but I don't ever recall taking a guard that high. I remember Bruce Matthews was a first round pick, but Fisher was still playing for the Bears back then.

lamont wrote:
I hope Chance wasn't one of those Bama guys that was allegedly spraying antler spray like mouthwash in 2012. Shocked Laughing

I dunno. I'd kinda dig having a guard with horns growing out the front of his helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

I dunno. I'd kinda dig having a guard with horns growing out the front of his helmet.[/quote]

Id like that for any player, especially a RB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took both Mike Munchak (1982) and Bruce Matthews (1983) in the first rounds as OGs. But Bruce ended up playing at every position (literally) on the O-line during his career. We took Brad Hopkins (1993) at the tail end of Jack Pardee's tenure, the year before Fisher was named interim HC the following season. That was the last time that I can recall us taking an O-lineman in the 1st. The closest we got since then was taking Michael Roos in the 2nd round in 2005. So it's been a while.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
We took both Mike Munchak (1982) and Bruce Matthews (1983) in the first rounds as OGs. But Bruce ended up playing at every position (literally) on the O-line during his career. We took Brad Hopkins (1993) at the tail end of Jack Pardee's tenure, the year before Fisher was named interim HC the following season. That was the last time that I can recall us taking an O-lineman in the 1st. The closest we got since then was taking Michael Roos in the 2nd round in 2005. So it's been a while.

Well that's because Fisher always had the best O-Line coach in football in Munchak so he felt he could coach mid-late round picks up which he did on multiple occasions. Fisher doesn't have that now in STL, so he could take a O-Lineman. As far as us, I still don't see us taking a OG at 10. OG is so deep this year, that we could probably get Larry Warford in the 2nd who dominated the senior bowl and has IMO isn't that far off everyone's love Warmack. Warmack is slightly more athletic and he happens to go to Alabama which is the main reason he's hyped more.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Hey guys,

I doubt we take him.

I doubt, even more so, that he lasts until the 22nd pick.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Hey guys,

I doubt we take him.

They have the 16th and 22nd pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Hey guys,

I doubt we take him.

They have the 16th and 22nd pick.

Oh! Then possibly.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S OFFICIALLY NFL DRAFT SEASON!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 23 of 62

Jump to: