Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason cap info and Scar's offseason plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
Someone shod create a list of all the players who can play multiple front both in the draft and upcoming FA. Some names I kno are Mingo and Jarvis Jenkins. Another name I've seen was the NT from Ohio State. Don't know how versatile he is tho.

On an unrelated note I got my Jones jersey in the other day. Ordered off NFL.com on cyber Monday.

As weird as it sounds probably the biggest guy in the draft (Daniel McCullers from Tennessee) can play both fronts. Starting NT and we played a 4-3 close to half of the snaps in which he took a good amount of snaps in...

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if McCullers comes out, he's still not the biggest. T.J. Barnes of GT is 6'8" 375.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacr- why would we want to put 90 mil in a position we have proven we don't need. Wouldnt that money be better spent elsewhere
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Sacr- why would we want to put 90 mil in a position we have proven we don't need. Wouldnt that money be better spent elsewhere

How have we proven that we don't need a left tackle??

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
aletz88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Jake Long is a premier player in a premier position, he is not only a better player than Sam Baker, he could make better the entire OL.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
if McCullers comes out, he's still not the biggest. T.J. Barnes of GT is 6'8" 375.

Depending on who measures his height and weight big Mac's up there. 6'7" 375 lbs.

When he arrived in Knoxville he was close to 400 lbs. he's nimble to be that big too Laughing

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Proven we don't need? have you seen our running game? Imagine how good the line could be.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Proven we don't need? have you seen our running game? Imagine how good the line could be.

I can imagine a lot of things, not sure how jake long helps. Injuries have clearly effected him and isn't even close to the player he was. And yes, the offense has been very, very good without a big time lt. If baker doesn't stick around I'd rather get an average guy and invest elsewhere
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I can imagine a lot of things, not sure how jake long helps. Injuries have clearly effected him and isn't even close to the player he was. And yes, the offense has been very, very good without a big time lt. If baker doesn't stick around I'd rather get an average guy and invest elsewhere

Def wouldn't give Jake a contract that big, especially with his injury issues. But we do need an upgrade at Tackle. I still don't truly believe in Sam Baker.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances Jake Long even hits the market? I would think the Dolphins would for sure tag him before they'd let that happen.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see if we can pursue Clady, he hasn't been quite as dominant as Long but he seems to be getting better and isn't getting hit with injuries like Long is so it'd be nice to pick up some real current talent and not have another FA post-injury bust

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be a possibility to grab both a DL and LT for the same price? like a Terrence Knighton, Connor Barwin or Henry Melton and Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert? somethin along those lines?
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
would it be a possibility to grab both a DL and LT for the same price? like a Terrence Knighton, Connor Barwin or Henry Melton and Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert? somethin along those lines?

Clady will cost a pretty penny. Albert sucks. Different OL and Pot Roast could work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that offseason plan, I don't really have many arguments at all.

I absolutely love the pickup of Jake Long to be our LT for many years to come, Long is a total stud. As far as Grimey goes, my favorite Falcon over the last couple of years, do you see any scenario that we are able to have him back? I know we have Asante and Dunta.. but Asante is no young pup.. and as much as I love Asante just as much if not more than most Falcons fans, because of his age he is just going to steadily regress.. just as every NFL player does when it comes to them getting older (well everyone execpt for Gonzo, age simply hasn't and won't slow him down). So having a guy like Asante who don't be around for that much longer, I wouldn't want to not have someone to be able to step in when we need it.. and that's one of the reasons I want to keep Grimes here.. because having a 3 CB trio in this era of football is very important.. and then when Asante is gone, we still would have 2 great CBs in him and Dunta. Grimey has been a perfect fit for our organization.. he's been great off the field, while seemingly being one of our more friendly guys in the locker room, had been growing into a leader, and from every report that he has one of if not the best work ethics on our entire team. He's a guy that I want in Atlanta for on and off the field reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ Mosley falls to us in the 1st, and especially if Tyler Eifert isn't on the board, do you think we take him? I know we need to invest in a defensive end for some pass rush, and although he's no Upshaw, Mosley knows how to get to the quarterback from the linebacker position. Could also give us some scary 3-4 looks if we wanted to go that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: