Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason cap info and Scar's offseason plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILLY MO ALWAYS READY TO BE A DIRTY BIRD

Honestly I dont even like to think about our defense without Spoon and WillyMo

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
William Moore hits the open market.... target Rambo in the 2nd.

I think you would be very disappointed with that trade. I obviously have a soft spot for Moore, but I've been looking specifically at DBs in college this year since the skins need an upgrade and Rambo is one of the most overrated safeties out there. He is soft and I actually like his teammate Shawn Williams much better.

You should not let Moore walk at all, but if you do send him up 95 to DC, please and thank you.

mike23md on the sig!
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

I think you would be very disappointed with that trade. I obviously have a soft spot for Moore, but I've been looking specifically at DBs in college this year since the skins need an upgrade and Rambo is one of the most overrated safeties out there. He is soft and I actually like his teammate Shawn Williams much better.

You should not let Moore walk at all, but if you do send him up 95 to DC, please and thank you.

Agreed.

Not going to get into much detail but just a general overview on why I wouldn't think we get Rambo:

1. He is a 5th round talent at best
2. He had drug problems in college
3. Don't think we let him go as ST said

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Hey guys, what the chances William Moore hits the open market? Thanks for any input. I'm assuming he at least gets franchised if not locked up...
everything I've heard says he wants to stay in Atlanta, but isn't worried about contracts til the end of hte year. but with around 25M in cap, and WillyMo being so crucial to the defense, he will get franchised or locked up before the FA time.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

lol notice who I have in the 5th for the Falcons.

mjmiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Gio Bernard pick in the 2nd.

and if possible id rather keep Grimes and cut Dunta lol
Mekias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:

I think Nolan has gotten more out of Dunta this year. He's still not the best cover guy but his all-around game has actually made him valuable.

I don't think there's any way they'll cut Dunta next year. He's guaranteed $3 million in 2013 and, if cut, we would also take a $3.5 million cap hit for his signing bonus. His full salary is $8 million so I think they'll keep him in 2013.

Dunta WILL be cut prior to 2014 though. At $10 million (non-guaranteed) and only a $2.3 million cap hit, he'll definitely be gone (or released and re-signed to a different contract).

Grimes is a tough one to give up but he may not be the same guy after this injury. His game was about quickness and leaping ability. It's hard to say if he'll ever get back to that level again. I wouldn't give a big contract to him until I was sure he's back to full fitness and I don't see that happening before next season.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mekias wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

I think Nolan has gotten more out of Dunta this year. He's still not the best cover guy but his all-around game has actually made him valuable.

I don't think there's any way they'll cut Dunta next year. He's guaranteed $3 million in 2013 and, if cut, we would also take a $3.5 million cap hit for his signing bonus. His full salary is $8 million so I think they'll keep him in 2013.

Dunta WILL be cut prior to 2014 though. At $10 million (non-guaranteed) and only a $2.3 million cap hit, he'll definitely be gone (or released and re-signed to a different contract).

Grimes is a tough one to give up but he may not be the same guy after this injury. His game was about quickness and leaping ability. It's hard to say if he'll ever get back to that level again. I wouldn't give a big contract to him until I was sure he's back to full fitness and I don't see that happening before next season.

Dunta has been our only CB to be reliable this season (I guess McClain too). Grimes is out all year, Asante has had injury problems on more than one occasion and Dunta has actually performed well. Not sure how us fans could hate on Dunta at this point. I know he wasn't the best his first few years here, but look how good our defense has played recently. The Cowboys, Cardinals, and Saints (TNF) games were lights out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Mekias wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Dunta has been our only CB to be reliable this season (I guess McClain too). Grimes is out all year, Asante has had injury problems on more than one occasion and Dunta has actually performed well. Not sure how us fans could hate on Dunta at this point. I know he wasn't the best his first few years here, but look how good our defense has played recently. The Cowboys, Cardinals, and Saints (TNF) games were lights out.

Agreed. Dunta will def give up a deep pass every now and then, but you can't deny his play this season. You have got to love a CB that can tackle. I don't mean just make a "big hit". Dunta is a pure tackler. He rarely doesn't get his man down on the ground. He brings a physical sense to the defense that is gonna be key during the playoffs.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar dont u think we will need to focus on our defensive front in the draft and FA? I think it's safe to say we will be 34 next year right?

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
Scar dont u think we will need to focus on our defensive front in the draft and FA? I think it's safe to say we will be 34 next year right?
no. we won't ever be a 3-4 with Mike Smith here. We'll be multiple like we are this year.

adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:
no. we won't ever be a 3-4 with Mike Smith here. We'll be multiple like we are this year.

I think multiple fits what we do as a team as well as what Nolan likes to do well so that's good news. You think it's possible to draft a true 3-4 NT to add to our rotation? Maybe a guy that can play in both well? I was hoping we'd do that before this season, but it never happened...

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

I think multiple fits what we do as a team as well as what Nolan likes to do well so that's good news. You think it's possible to draft a true 3-4 NT to add to our rotation? Maybe a guy that can play in both well? I was hoping we'd do that before this season, but it never happened...
maybe a guy like John Jenkins or Jesse Williams who can line up in both spots and actually rush the passer too. but not a hulking bulky guy who can't create penetration.

tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

maybe a guy like John Jenkins or Jesse Williams who can line up in both spots and actually rush the passer too. but not a hulking bulky guy who can't create penetration.

Jenkins is overrated. I def don't think he will be dominant as a DT in the 3-4. He has been exposed in too many games this year. ANd he is going to go in the 1st round anyway due to his overrated hype.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone shod create a list of all the players who can play multiple front both in the draft and upcoming FA. Some names I kno are Mingo and Jarvis Jenkins. Another name I've seen was the NT from Ohio State. Don't know how versatile he is tho.

On an unrelated note I got my Jones jersey in the other day. Ordered off NFL.com on cyber Monday.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: