You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


Juice


Using warm/hot water and then refrigerating it over night helps too.

Leave the creatine in it over night? Wouldn't that dilute it?


Dilute what?

Using the warm/hot water just allows it to dissolve easier (the same reason you heat up tea before making iced tea).

What I meant was wouldn't leaving the creatine in water over night get rid of some of it? Is that poorly worded or do you get what I mean
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jyod21


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 2060
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


Juice


Using warm/hot water and then refrigerating it over night helps too.

Leave the creatine in it over night? Wouldn't that dilute it?


Dilute what?

Using the warm/hot water just allows it to dissolve easier (the same reason you heat up tea before making iced tea).

What I meant was wouldn't leaving the creatine in water over night get rid of some of it? Is that poorly worded or do you get what I mean


I understand what you are trying to ask. I've heard that it causes it to "breakdown", but I've always thought that was complete bro-science. I can't imagine leaving it in water for, at most, 10 hours is really going to chemically alter it to a point where it's no longer effective. I could be wrong, and maybe someone else can clear that up, but it has always seemed to work fine for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


Juice


Using warm/hot water and then refrigerating it over night helps too.

Leave the creatine in it over night? Wouldn't that dilute it?


Dilute what?

Using the warm/hot water just allows it to dissolve easier (the same reason you heat up tea before making iced tea).

What I meant was wouldn't leaving the creatine in water over night get rid of some of it? Is that poorly worded or do you get what I mean


I understand what you are trying to ask. I've heard that it causes it to "breakdown", but I've always thought that was complete bro-science. I can't imagine leaving it in water for, at most, 10 hours is really going to chemically alter it to a point where it's no longer effective. I could be wrong, and maybe someone else can clear that up, but it has always seemed to work fine for me.


I don't see why it would breakdown at all really. It's just dissolving into the water just like if it mixed in well off the bat. None of the water is evaporating so you're not losing any of it.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 14097
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


Juice

Matter which kind? Or just any fruit juice


I use orange, the creatine kinda feels like pulp Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 14097
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


Juice


Using warm/hot water and then refrigerating it over night helps too.

Leave the creatine in it over night? Wouldn't that dilute it?


Dilute what?

Using the warm/hot water just allows it to dissolve easier (the same reason you heat up tea before making iced tea).

What I meant was wouldn't leaving the creatine in water over night get rid of some of it? Is that poorly worded or do you get what I mean


I understand what you are trying to ask. I've heard that it causes it to "breakdown", but I've always thought that was complete bro-science. I can't imagine leaving it in water for, at most, 10 hours is really going to chemically alter it to a point where it's no longer effective. I could be wrong, and maybe someone else can clear that up, but it has always seemed to work fine for me.


I don't see why it would breakdown at all really. It's just dissolving into the water just like if it mixed in well off the bat. None of the water is evaporating so you're not losing any of it.


Yeah it doesnt matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 33812
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I either do

1)Back/Post Shoulder
2)Chest/Anterior Shoulder
3)Legs/Traps
4)Arms

or

1)Back/Bis
2)Chest/Tris
3)Legs/Traps/Shoulders

I like 3 days then repeat, getting each guy in about once every 5 days. But with my weak shoulders and getting therapy I might do a 4th day for shoulders and abs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got bored and youtube'd "NFL Workouts" and came across a few full workout videos with some NFL stars that you all may like to check out..

Shawne Merriman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbnDMEJh4es

Dwight Freeney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQiYATY2SK0

Martellus Bennett: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac

There are a few NBA/UFC/etc athletes on there too. Pretty cool stuff.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
c0insnap


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 14851
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

A friend of mine was hanging out with Shawne Merriman in Buffalo a while ago. Said he was the biggest [inappropriate/removed] of all time. One of Merriman's quotes, "Yeah, I'm pretty much just better than ya'll will ever be... ya'll still kinda cool, though."
_________________

Beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What surprised me most in that video is I see a lot of guys at my gym pushing the same weights as Merriman was, also his trainer was kind of a [inappropriate/removed]. Laughing
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 9367
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys use powder creatine? I've always done pills. It's easier for me. Is one more or less effective?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 15462
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
For you creatine users out there, what do you mix with? I've been using water but it doesn't dissolve well at all


I just take a scoop and shove it on in. Flush it down with some water. No real reason other than having one less glass to clean at the end of the day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 15462
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
You guys use powder creatine? I've always done pills. It's easier for me. Is one more or less effective?


Both do the same thing. Pills just cost more. I take the powder form 99% of the time but always keep the pills on deck. The pills are nice if your out of town or something though. Creatine is creatine for me though. What ever is the best price per gram is what I buy. Supps are what they are. I would much rather put my money into good protein.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
What surprised me most in that video is I see a lot of guys at my gym pushing the same weights as Merriman was, also his trainer was kind of a [inappropriate/removed]. Laughing


You must have some big dudes at your gym -- our dumbbells only even go up to 100 and I've only ever seen somebody doing 95 max.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38732
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day two of teething - tried to sleep on the couch instead of getting kicked repeatedly, woke up sore and tired. I've taken naps on my couch (some epic naps at that) but actually sleeping through the night is another request entirely. Skipped my wake up alarm, crawled back into the bed with my wife and son, slept during that time.

The plus side is that my wife is not working anymore (she put in her two weeks' last Friday, and the company just gave her the final two weeks of pay and told her to go home) so she will be working out at 9-10 AM, which lets me make up for the lost time by going today after the baby is down. I doubt I'll be lifting, just some heavy cardio for the next few days, try to find my routine again come Monday.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 14097
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally sacked up and got up on a scale. 30 pounds lost since september. Yay Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group