You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody herd of any one or have tried Cissus Quadrangularis or “Veld Grape” ? i am interested in for its restorative properties to hurt tendons bones and tissue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
When you work 12 hours a day you need a preworkout.

Thats the problem. If you had no job, you would constantly be super pumped (and high) during you 2 AM workout fest.

Get wit it, bru.

(just kidding B60 Laughing )

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
When you work 12 hours a day you need a preworkout.

Thats the problem. If you had no job, you would constantly be super pumped (and high) during you 2 AM workout fest.

Get wit it, bru.

(just kidding B60 Laughing )

yeah since you guys know what its like to spend time with YOUR girlfriends during the day.. ......its tiring. You dont know what its like bro.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty Cakez did you try that pre work out stuff you were asking about and what went down if so Question

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
its funny to how i was Joking to and that was some ones response Rolling Eyes you must be a socialite shaker troll hahahahaha Laughing

Is this to me? I just think it's comical that people get legitimately mad at guys who drink protein at the gym or pre workout. If that's what they want to do, whatever, doesn't seem like something to get upset about Laughing

well your implying i am getting mad or that some one who is critical of something is mad .. no emotional responses needed only a observation.

and its not drinking protein or pre work or aything its the culture of some dudes at the gym.. you were missing the point.

You typed an essay about it, I'd say it at least bothers you a little bit if you felt the need to post 6 paragraphs about it, some guys go to the gym for the social aspect and do the bare minimum. Who cares? If you're trying to get big, good for you. If you're trying to lose weight, good for you. If you're trying to chat it up, drink your pre workout and bench for 3 sets, good for you. I just find it comical how mad people get when people don't do things the way they see fit.

I get mad when Mr. Socialite is chillaxing on the benches not moving any weights. No one cares what you have to tweet so get the hell out of the way, ya know?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Matty Cakez did you try that pre work out stuff you were asking about and what went down if so Question

I used it once, its about the same as all the others.

I like it better than Caffeine pills because its faster. I can shoot that drink at 7:30 PM, get the kids in bed and be jacked full of energy for an 8 PM workout.

Its not something I would recommend over any other, though. Id still say the "juggernaut" brand was the best ive used. But... it went bad on me. I had it for like ~9 months and it started growing weird crystals in the tub.

I only take a prework out when I am tired, so they tend to last a long time.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Id still say the "juggernaut" brand was the best ive used. But... it went bad on me. I had it for like ~9 months and it started growing weird crystals in the tub.

i imagine its more then fine.. probably some of the amino acids separated from the filler ingredients and are now visible. as long as it was kept cool and away from moisture.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Id still say the "juggernaut" brand was the best ive used. But... it went bad on me. I had it for like ~9 months and it started growing weird crystals in the tub.

i imagine its more then fine.. probably some of the amino acids separated from the filler ingredients and are now visible. as long as it was kept cool and away from moisture.

Probably is, but im not going to risk it. Like I said, those tubs last me forever. I only buy ~1-2 of them a year. I normally will buy whichever is on sell, so we are talking ~$30/tub..?

Id rather just throw it away and waste $5, then get some type of weird infection and grow a third nipple.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:

Basically just remember how you're feeling now, and bottle that up for motivation later. Remember how much you hated not being able to lift when you are feeling lazy.

Yep, that's my goal -- I'm planning on taking my diet more seriously as well, especially once it's warm enough to cook out on the grill again. I love grilling.

For now, it's just cardio/leg machines.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
maes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not an expert or anything when it comes to lifting, but i corrected a kids form at the gym today for the first time in my life. his overhead presses were just too bad to watch. Laughing he was pretty appreciative though.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
i'm not an expert or anything when it comes to lifting, but i corrected a kids form at the gym today for the first time in my life. his overhead presses were just too bad to watch. Laughing he was pretty appreciative though.

Pretty odd that you mentioned this. For the first time I recorded myself doing my overhead press today, it looked fine but I have no idea what is good and what isn't. What were some of the things you told him to fix?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

Basically just remember how you're feeling now, and bottle that up for motivation later. Remember how much you hated not being able to lift when you are feeling lazy.

Yep, that's my goal -- I'm planning on taking my diet more seriously as well, especially once it's warm enough to cook out on the grill again. I love grilling.

For now, it's just cardio/leg machines.

Argh, the diet is what owns my soul. I workout 4 days a week and I'm pretty active doing lifts and cardio (clearly not enough to burn off what I eat though). But my diet sucks. A big part of it is because I still live at home and my parents have a crappy diet, but that is kind of a cop-out but kind of true. Ideally, I'd have one more day to lift so I could do something physically 5 days a week but I don't ever have any weekends free. I really need to curb my diet but can't bring myself to do it. Evil or Very Mad
doomsdaydallas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
doomsdaydallas wrote:
Ok guys this is going to be a long read but does who do read and snswer just want to thank you in advance.

Im new to this who fitness deal and still inexperience so ill start by telling the whole story and then what i would like answered. I started by goal to get in shape last January i started at 5 10 208 pounds by start of june was down to 159 i was just doing strictly cardio and a strick diet. the summer i really took off just popping in the gym every now and then. come end of august i started lighting now im at 164 and want to bulk up before summer. I was reading online and found out i should eat between 2500-3200 calories a day. I really dont now many good work out just do the basic ones i see others doing in the gym what would be some good work out routines to bulk up. Also if there are anything else i should eat as far as vitiamans and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6vi6ORXo

Take a daily vitamin, eat a lot of protein.

This. You can youtube the different lifts to learn the appropriate form too.

Take in a lot of protein (shakes, chicken, egg whites, greek yogurt, etc), take a multi-vitamins (won't help bulk, but will help you be healthy, always a good thing), and maybe go for some creative (cheapest monohydrate you can find, comes in powder or capsules -- I personally like the capsules because it doesnt mix well enough for me).

Eating the calories you mentioned, on top of lifting heavy and lower reps (the 5x5 link above helps you with that), you'll start to see gains.

Thanks for the help guys I started eating to bulk up Sunday and today was my first day lifting I followed the A workout in the video and ihave to say besides the squats my muscle do not feel sore.

My next question is is it better to follow the A/B workout like the video link or to do like each muscle group individually a day like back/bi one day chest/tri the next and so on and if in should do them individually should I do the 5x5 or 3x10

PROPS TO JammerHammer21 ON THE SIG
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing the difference there is when you lift properly. One of my friends max is 185 (he's going to be a high school junior LB), and he was warming up to max out today and his form was awful, so I showed him the proper way to lift and he got 245.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
its funny to how i was Joking to and that was some ones response Rolling Eyes you must be a socialite shaker troll hahahahaha Laughing

Is this to me? I just think it's comical that people get legitimately mad at guys who drink protein at the gym or pre workout. If that's what they want to do, whatever, doesn't seem like something to get upset about Laughing

well your implying i am getting mad or that some one who is critical of something is mad .. no emotional responses needed only a observation.

and its not drinking protein or pre work or aything its the culture of some dudes at the gym.. you were missing the point.

You typed an essay about it, I'd say it at least bothers you a little bit if you felt the need to post 6 paragraphs about it, some guys go to the gym for the social aspect and do the bare minimum. Who cares? If you're trying to get big, good for you. If you're trying to lose weight, good for you. If you're trying to chat it up, drink your pre workout and bench for 3 sets, good for you. I just find it comical how mad people get when people don't do things the way they see fit.

I get mad when Mr. Socialite is chillaxing on the benches not moving any weights. No one cares what you have to tweet so get the hell out of the way, ya know?

I definitely agree with that. Had to deal with that today actually, 4 kids were chatting away using up the 2 benches (Yeah...only 2 benches) for a good 30 minutes.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: