You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
Bro do you even lift?

you know i do... i am Wes Welker clone.. wanna take this inside to the weights and settle it like men or what Question Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
G Harmon wrote:
Bro do you even lift?

you know i do... i am Wes Welker clone.. wanna take this inside to the weights and settle it like men or what Question Wink

Leggo!

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
have you guys experimenting with super slow lifting and reverse negatives Question

its my new thing.. i read and watched some stuff how Japanese karate masters train..and they do strength training exercises like the slowest possible ever.. like doing 1 push up that might take 45 seconds.. they say it incorporates and develops more of the individual muscle fibers and hardens the body.. a lot of research says slow lifting can improve muscle growth but you dont get the same calorie out put as say lifting fast.. but i noticed if you lift slow and really hold down the rest periods and go go go you get sick pumps and those deep burns like you havent lifted in some time..

i think its important tho to keep changing reps and speed of reps and the exercises your doing but i think reverse negatives and super slow lifting has its place.

i love negatives. i just dont have someone in brooklyn i can trust to help me do them.
I do negatives. The slower the better, and if you do it on bench press definitely make sure you have a spotter (especially if you do it with a heavy-ish weight). Also good to do with concentrated tricep lifts.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
G Harmon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lifts for you guys are must do, like to do and the ones you don't do?

Must do : Bench Press, Squats, Dips, Shrugs, Back Rows, Pull ups (Not chin ups).

I like tricep extensions, close grip bench, incline leg press and chin ups. I no longer do power/hang cleans but it was a good lift in high school.

I personally don't like deadlifts, bicep curls(might do every once in a while), abs, military press.

G.Harmon MLB #9
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
^^^ it wasnt funny was my point...

Obviously it wasn't funny to you... Not even saying it was funny, just saying I trolled you. Which I did. Look up the definition of trolling...
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:

Must do : Bench Press, Squats, Dips, Shrugs, Back Rows, Pull ups (Not chin ups).

I like tricep extensions, close grip bench, incline leg press and chin ups. I no longer do power/hang cleans but it was a good lift in high school.

I personally don't like deadlifts, bicep curls(might do every once in a while), abs, military press.

Question, do you do any iso for the long head of your tricep?
G Harmon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
G Harmon wrote:

No cause out side push ups those are all the exercises I do in the gym. Got any suggestions?

G.Harmon MLB #9
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
G Harmon wrote:

No cause out side push ups those are all the exercises I do in the gym. Got any suggestions?

Well tricep extension is mostly medial and lateral head which you are all ready working through every pressing motion you do. Id do some skullcrushers with either a barbell or dumbells, but you could do other exercises were your rms are above your head and you are stretching the tricep muscle.. Personally I like dumbells but thats just me. Make sure you pull the weight behind your head and not just onto your forehead, to activate the long head you need to feel a stretch.

Not sure if this made sense Laughing
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
G Harmon wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
G Harmon wrote:

Well tricep extension is mostly medial and lateral head which you are all ready working through every pressing motion you do. Id do some skullcrushers with either a barbell or dumbells, but you could do other exercises were your rms are above your head and you are stretching the tricep muscle.. Personally I like dumbells but thats just me. Make sure you pull the weight behind your head and not just onto your forehead, to activate the long head you need to feel a stretch.

I never knew that. I always thought that you were supposed to bring it your forehead because that was harder to do, and unfortunately most of the time the easier way to do a lift is the wrong way. Good to know though.
Skeet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:

Is this the method you were talking about? http://vimeo.com/25983467

BTW whats your opinion on push press vs OHP as far as shoulder workouts go? I had a guy at the gym tellin me that push is better for the delts since its a heavier weight. I was under the impression that the leg drive negates the higher amount of work that would be needed from the delts at a higher weight.
Dus10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the worst luck with my left arm. Wrist, elbow, and now shoulder are all smarting.

Right arm is completely fine.

Just had to cut a chest/tri/shoulder day short because my left arm was in such pain. Gonna R.I.C.E. ....everything? I guess.

Sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
have you guys experimenting with super slow lifting and reverse negatives Question

its my new thing.. i read and watched some stuff how Japanese karate masters train..and they do strength training exercises like the slowest possible ever.. like doing 1 push up that might take 45 seconds.. they say it incorporates and develops more of the individual muscle fibers and hardens the body.. a lot of research says slow lifting can improve muscle growth but you dont get the same calorie out put as say lifting fast.. but i noticed if you lift slow and really hold down the rest periods and go go go you get sick pumps and those deep burns like you havent lifted in some time..

i think its important tho to keep changing reps and speed of reps and the exercises your doing but i think reverse negatives and super slow lifting has its place.

i love negatives. i just dont have someone in brooklyn i can trust to help me do them.
I do negatives. The slower the better, and if you do it on bench press definitely make sure you have a spotter (especially if you do it with a heavy-ish weight). Also good to do with concentrated tricep lifts.

i always do negatives with more weight than i can do in an actual lift
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on German Creatine?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeet wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Is this the method you were talking about? http://vimeo.com/25983467

BTW whats your opinion on push press vs OHP as far as shoulder workouts go? I had a guy at the gym tellin me that push is better for the delts since its a heavier weight. I was under the impression that the leg drive negates the higher amount of work that would be needed from the delts at a higher weight.

Yep thats exactly it.

That guy sounds like a crossfitter, you would be smart to ignore what they say. Pushing with your legs doesbt make the delts bigger.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killed my bis. Seems like without Protein I stopped getting stronger, I was way stronger when I was 19-20.. Use to curl 95 like nothing, 8-12 reps..

Now I'm doing 60-65 6-10 times. Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: