Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd Quarter Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I guess my biggest concern about the plan Mike is unless Pugh comes in and starts we are going into next season with Webb and Carimi starting at OT and that is not good.

I keep going back and forth between whether to sign a free agent OT, not necessarily Clady or Albert, but I do not think we can go into next season with Webb and Carimi the most likely starters.

Vollmer or A Smith would allow us to focus on upgrading or protecting 1 OT instead of 2 and should not break the bank.

Pugh is far more likely to be able to start than the likes of Lane Johnson would be...as much as I would love to bring in two new OTs to compete with Webb & Carimi I don't see it happening as we need at least one new starting OG as well and too hope that Louis comes back strong.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I guess my biggest concern about the plan Mike is unless Pugh comes in and starts we are going into next season with Webb and Carimi starting at OT and that is not good.

I keep going back and forth between whether to sign a free agent OT, not necessarily Clady or Albert, but I do not think we can go into next season with Webb and Carimi the most likely starters.

Vollmer or A Smith would allow us to focus on upgrading or protecting 1 OT instead of 2 and should not break the bank.

Pugh is far more likely to be able to start than the likes of Lane Johnson would be...as much as I would love to bring in two new OTs to compete with Webb & Carimi I don't see it happening as we need at least one new starting OG as well and too hope that Louis comes back strong.

I agree, but I think we need 1 guaranteed new starter at OT and I do not know if Pugh or Johnson are those guys.

We cannot enter next season with the same starting tackle combo and if we don't look at free agency a little we are going to be stuck needing a starter from the draft.

If Pugh is not reay to start we have only upgraded 1 spot on a bad line.

Last edited by WindyCity on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question.

Do you still trade down for Pugh if Warmack or Cooper are available at 22 or 23?
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I have another question.

Do you still trade down for Pugh if Warmack or Cooper are available at 22 or 23?
Warmack probably not. Cooper probably. I know it's such a small sample size but Carimi is playing really well at OG. I wouldn't mind keeping him there and focusing on OTs.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I have another question.

Absolutely not is Warmack is still on the board…Cooper it would depend on how I saw the board playing out.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I have another question.

Absolutely not is Warmack is still on the board…Cooper it would depend on how I saw the board playing out.

I think we need a new starting OT at either LT or RT.

I think we need to secure the interior pocket and get more physical in the run game.

Cutler in one of the best in the league at stepping up to help his tackles, but we do not have a very firm pocket, which he has mentioned as being the main problem we have.

I would love to see Warmack and Cooper do some center drills at the Senior Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: