Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IS this Breaston thing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: IS this Breaston thing... Reply with quote

...not stranger than anything that happened under Haley?

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/12/3962829/in-dire-need-of-receiver-crennel.html

“He needs to show he has a greater understanding of the game plan and he can execute the game plan,’’ Crennel said. “If he can do that, he can be in uniform. There have been other guys who have been showing us a little bit more, so we decided to go with those guys.’’

Who are these guys?

“We’ve gotten production from Bowe and maybe we’ve given him the ball too much at the expense of the other guys,’’ Crennel said. “When you’ve got a guy making catches . . . he runs with it after the catch, so we’ve been going to him.’’

Eh?

Are we just now noticing that our QB's force it to Bowe rather than throwing to the open guy? Now Romeo seems to think that he'll get more good plays from his WR's with Bowe OUT of the lineup, despite not even playing Breaston Confused I guess he really proved his point in that Raiders game.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's clear I'm beating a dead horse here, one of the main reasons I think our bad coaching staff is the worst in the NFL is the handling of Steve Breaston. You cannot possibly tell me he's worse than Newsome and Copper, or Wylie for that matter. He's certainly better than McCluster and more experienced than Baldwin, and yet he's in the doghouse.

Breaston is not an elite receiver, but he's a very solid, good one, and the Chiefs aren't playing him... because... why?

I could tolerate this if the Chiefs said they knew what they had in Breaston and wanted to see Newsome and the other young guys in action... but in that case, why not swap Breaston out for Copper? Copper's been with the team since 2009, we know what he is. Breaston would give you better production.

Frustrating. Embarrassing.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Breaston just got upset that he was basically being used as a decoy and as a run blocker and was never getting the ball thrown his way. It's been the same thing with Baldwin in there. Breaston probably said something about not liking the gameplan, so they made him inactive for "not understanding the offense" as Crennel said.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed pretty much with Rumless and Simon. I'm over it though. Breaston not playing helps this front office and coaching staff look inept - and thus is a win for us fans.

Baldwin BTW is annoying. On one hand I wish they would try much more with him especially in the red zone. He was standing in the back of the end zone wide open on the garbage dump to Moeaki that went no where.

However.. he isn't doing himself ANY favors with his play either. On the long DMC catch and run.. Baldwin was seen at the end of the play doing nothing and blocking no one. Just standing there on the sideline watching. Hard to give him chances when he's only trying some of the time.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Baldwin's short comings are another knock for Pioli. Her is exactly what he was advertised as. Lots of talent, questionable effort and decision making.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's abundantly clear in my opinion, Romeo has lots this team, and has zero grasp of what it takes to be a good coach. Maybe he'll do us all a favor and just retire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: