Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crennel screwing up again - in the media

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Crennel screwing up again - in the media Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no changing the current 2-12 record of the Kansas City Chiefs. However, there is something that can be done to change the team’s current two-game losing streak and Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel believes he knows where to start.

“In my mind it’s the running game,” Crennel said. “Because that’s been the bright spot offensively and we have to be able to run the ball and we couldn’t do that (Sunday). They handled us up front.”

I actually thought one thing the Chiefs had straight was the media game. After this I even doubt that. The quote is from the official team site.

The Chiefs ran the ball FOUR times over the first half - they didn't get anything done, that's right (minus 2 yds, not counting that 42 yd run called back because of a penalty). But you can hardly call that an effort to establish a running game.

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Charles broke a big one 25% of the time. Hillis as usual didn't get much on his ONE and ONLY attempt. And then the Head Coach comes out and explains his screwed up game plan with this kind of crap? And the OFFICIAL team website is proud to even highlight that kind of messy excuse??

Come on .. Reid Ferrin, if this is your style to replace Josh Looney as Chiefs Insider you better stay in bed. (Another good one gone from the Chiefs staff by the way).
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Crennel screwing up again - in the media Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
There is no changing the current 2-12 record of the Kansas City Chiefs. However, there is something that can be done to change the team’s current two-game losing streak and Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel believes he knows where to start.

“In my mind it’s the running game,” Crennel said. “Because that’s been the bright spot offensively and we have to be able to run the ball and we couldn’t do that (Sunday). They handled us up front.”

I actually thought one thing the Chiefs had straight was the media game. After this I even doubt that. The quote is from the official team site.

The Chiefs ran the ball FOUR times over the first half - they didn't get anything done, that's right (minus 2 yds, not counting that 42 yd run called back because of a penalty). But you can hardly call that an effort to establish a running game.

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Charles broke a big one 25% of the time. Hillis as usual didn't get much on his ONE and ONLY attempt. And then the Head Coach comes out and explains his screwed up game plan with this kind of crap? And the OFFICIAL team website is proud to even highlight that kind of messy excuse??

Come on .. Reid Ferrin, if this is your style to replace Josh Looney as Chiefs Insider you better stay in bed. (Another good one gone from the Chiefs staff by the way).

Crennel is clueless. He is handling his trainwreck even worse than Haley did. Crennel honestly seems to have no idea on what to do or what to say. He is out of his league as a head coach in the NFL. And Pioli had him juggling DC AND HC responsibilities??!!

Like I said before, Pioli needs to hire a spokesperson for Crennel to save some organizational embarrassment.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy, please do not try and circumvent the foul language filters.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo this is rather mild compared to some of the other gems over the course of the season. d'oh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Imo this is rather mild compared to some of the other gems over the course of the season. d'oh!

Which reminds me that I need to go record all his press conferences since they'll be deleted if he gets fired...

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Crennel screwing up again - in the media Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

I don't really understand what you're criticizing. Romeo's just saying they need to get back to the running game...which is true if any of us really cared...so why is that worth a thread?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

No circumvention of anything - just using typographical means to emphasize the core of my message ...
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly what's Crennel going to say or do at this point? This has literally been a season from hell for this guy. Not only has he had to endure his TEAM playing like absolute crap the first couple weeks of the season, which helped caused this mess (it isn't just him and Pioli you know) he also had to watch a young man end his life. I really don't mind what Crennel says at this point as long as he is still coaching up our young defensive players like Poe, Powe, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

No circumvention of anything - just using typographical means to emphasize the core of my message ...

OK, please don't use foul language then.

Don't use fowl language either btw.

^ryknowssd on the sig
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body language on the side lines Sunday by players and the HC said everything. Lilja was sitting there, no expression on his face, hands folded in his lap and staring straight ahead. As though he was saying, "please, lets just get this season over."

Crennell roamed the sidelines, popping his gum, occasionally glancing at his play chart and hardly interacting with any one. The players were huddled into little cliques of 3-4 and no telling what kind of after season plans they were making.

Just a total lack of urgeny, importance, or pride....but what else can you expect from the players, when they are simply replicating the attitudes from their leadership......owner on down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: