Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shooting at Chiefs Facility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no words to really say in a tragedy like this other than my sincerest condolences to your organization. There is no way to really move on from something like this. You can push it aside, cover it up but the wound will always be there. Hopefully, though, this will make your organization stronger and better because the Chiefs have a very proud history.

This tragedy reminds me of Chris Benoit. Who knows what really happened? But remember the good times, the better times. I'm so sorry for this to have happened to your organization =(
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
This sucks.

I wonder if he had some kind of mental illness that was not being treated. Mental illness can make good people do bad things.

He shot himself in the head. Yeah, I would say there was some mental illness involved.

Gonna be a weird game, but I am glad the team and league decided to go ahead and play it at the scheduled time. No matter WHEN this game gets played it is going to be weird, but I think it's good to get it out of the way now. The sooner the better, really.

I also think it's going to be very strange if they do some sort of tribute for him. I mean, regardless of how good a guy he was, he did kill someone else. I wouldn't personally celebrate him in any way. I am sure a nice moment of silence will suffice, but anything more than that that could bring a positive light to him would probably be the wrong move. But it's a VERY tricky position for the organization to be in, so no matter what they decide to do I won't criticize it.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
This sucks.

I wonder if he had some kind of mental illness that was not being treated. Mental illness can make good people do bad things.

He shot himself in the head. Yeah, I would say there was some mental illness involved.

Gonna be a weird game, but I am glad the team and league decided to go ahead and play it at the scheduled time. No matter WHEN this game gets played it is going to be weird, but I think it's good to get it out of the way now. The sooner the better, really.

I also think it's going to be very strange if they do some sort of tribute for him. I mean, regardless of how good a guy he was, he did kill someone else. I wouldn't personally celebrate him in any way. I am sure a nice moment of silence will suffice, but anything more than that that could bring a positive light to him would probably be the wrong move. But it's a VERY tricky position for the organization to be in, so no matter what they decide to do I won't criticize it.

From Profootballtalk.com :

Quote:
Randy Moss of NFL Network reports from Kansas City that there will be no helmet decal or uniform patch, given the circumstances of Belcher’s death and the events preceding it.

Per Moss, there may be a moment of silence, but it would be for victims of family violence generally, not for Belcher specifically.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/chiefs-wrestling-with-how-to-acknowledge-belcher/

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Piquel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the "other acts of violence" that Chiefs officials wanted to prevent was Belcher going after Jamaal Charles, whom Jovan believed was the father of the child with Kasandra Perkins.

This story is getting crazy.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
I heard that the "other acts of violence" that Chiefs officials wanted to prevent was Belcher going after Jamaal Charles, whom Jovan believed was the father of the child with Kasandra Perkins.

Wow. Do you have a link? Or is this just a rumor? I saw pic of the child, and thought she looked like Belcher.
Piquel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Piquel wrote:

Wow. Do you have a link? Or is this just a rumor? I saw pic of the child, and thought she looked like Belcher.

Info is from private source. A female friend that has "dated" several Chiefs players.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Piquel wrote:

Info is from private source. A female friend that has "dated" several Chiefs players.

Piquel I think you are exactly right.

I was thinking the same thing this morning after looking at the events that took place and what those that knew him have been saying. I thought to myself that the only thing that could push me that far over the edge that quickly, with a 3 month old baby... is if I found out that my gf had been cheating on and that my baby was not mine... talk about blowing up a life - and this case many lives.

Sad, sad day....

My thoughts go out to both his and her family and friends.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:

I had read somewhere that the girl was Charles cousin?

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Piquel wrote:

As did I

#JDI
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Piquel wrote:

As did I

She was Charles wife's cousin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to speculate as to motives, blame, or whatever. It does no good but get people upset. The facts will come out eventually. I've asked that we not speculate about this at all once already, there will not be a third time.

^ryknowssd on the sig
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't come on yesterday purposefully. Now that some of the details have been fleshed out and my own sources have added some things for me, there is more reason to worry about the future of the orphaned child than the memory of Mr. Belcher.

I feel for all of his co-workers who lost somebody that they spent so much time with -- but his act was of cowardice, selfishness, and hatefulness. The team and the fan-base needs to heal, but we shouldn't feel bad for the perpetrator of this heinous act. The family of the victim, and the poor little girl who lost both of her parents yesterday -- that's who we should be rallying behind.

We all love this game, but at the end of the day, it is JUST a game. This is life, and its real and its forever. In the end, our actions define us. His have defined him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard the Chiefs had a moment of silence for all victims of domestic violence. I just wanted to say that was probably the classiest way to handle such a horrible situation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently shot her 9 times. While he did commit suicide, whoever stopped him in the parking lot (Pioli and Crennel?) might have saved someone if he was furious at them.

Great news to hear they held a moment of silence for domestic violence victims.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maybe banned for this but IDc....I see way too much of this S*** on Tv. Domestic Violence is a ERYTWR$^!!!!! Guys that dont have the BALLS that have to take their anger out in rage and violence. I hope this guy burns in a place below us. I HATE THIS STORY SO MUCH!! My moms a victim of domestic violence so IDGAF!! Ban me for having a strong opinion......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: