Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philadelphia Eagles release D Line Coach Jim Washburn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah, no more Washburn.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible move, I mean how can you fire a guy who worked a miracle in making a guy with T-Rex arms productive? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
I don't think Andy is blaming anyone other than himself and letting these guys go, he is simply giving them an OUT.. and a head start on next seasons job search. All the Coaches are likely to be gone after the season and Andy is simply giving them a head start.. if you really stop and think about it, Andy is doing them a favor.. he really is.

This...
It was my first thought as theses guys are name guys and if they delay of firing Andy and his staff, they will be at a disadvantage. Plus this gives the assistants an opportunity to show what they've got for a promotion elsewhere.
I don't know who Philly would bring in but Chucky would have me watching as I loved the guys coaching with the Raiders...I miss his passion and intensity on the field. Though he's got a great gig now and I think would be quite happy staying put on TV.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
mco65 wrote:
I don't think Andy is blaming anyone other than himself and letting these guys go, he is simply giving them an OUT.. and a head start on next seasons job search. All the Coaches are likely to be gone after the season and Andy is simply giving them a head start.. if you really stop and think about it, Andy is doing them a favor.. he really is.

This...
It was my first thought as theses guys are name guys and if they delay of firing Andy and his staff, they will be at a disadvantage. Plus this gives the assistants an opportunity to show what they've got for a promotion elsewhere.
I don't know who Philly would bring in but Chucky would have me watching as I loved the guys coaching with the Raiders...I miss his passion and intensity on the field. Though he's got a great gig now and I think would be quite happy staying put on TV.

I know Gruden has had success, but he ran the Bucs into the ground (granted, he won a Superbowl first). He'd be a decent option if the Eagles were Superbowl-ready, but they obviously aren't.

I'd rather have a guy with proven long-term success (Cowher...) or just keep Reid around.

I do think Reid can go back to his winning ways as long as he can find a good defensive coordinator. That's the biggest problem we have.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Just heard they fired him in the parking lot when the team plane landing in Phili. Thats what Im talking about. How many times have people said dont even let him come home, dont let him board the plane. Well they did give him a ride home but thats it. Fired him as soon as the plane landed. HAHAHA.

It's been rumored and now confirm in a couple different links (some in this thread) that Washburn indeed became a Cancer in the locker room. The release of Babin was just the straw that broke the camels back. Supposedly he wasn't informed until after it had already happened. That resulted in him telling players in the locker room he's done in Philly regardless at seasons end. Back stabbing and name calling the DC in front of players was allowed to take place for to long. If anything Washburn should have been the coach fired weeks ago instead of Castillo. I've never seen a Successful DC in the NFL have his defense to been ran dictated by a Dline coach. You call what you want I'll take care of the line? In essence thats exactly what occurred the last year and 1/2. Both Castillo and Bowles were handcuffed to a system neither wanted to play. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we find out in the coming days he had it out with Reid a couple times the past week and on the plane as well. Hence pack your crap in the parking lot!! Laughing

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
G wrote:
mco65 wrote:

This...

I know Gruden has had success, but he ran the Bucs into the ground (granted, he won a Superbowl first). He'd be a decent option if the Eagles were Superbowl-ready, but they obviously aren't.

I'd rather have a guy with proven long-term success (Cowher...) or just keep Reid around.

I do think Reid can go back to his winning ways as long as he can find a good defensive coordinator. That's the biggest problem we have.

Andy's post Jim Johnson record is not good. Actually worse than rich kotites when he coached us.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Just heard they fired him in the parking lot when the team plane landing in Phili. Thats what Im talking about. How many times have people said dont even let him come home, dont let him board the plane. Well they did give him a ride home but thats it. Fired him as soon as the plane landed. HAHAHA. This is going to be such a fun offseason. Ill be shocked if at least 7 head coaches aint fired.

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

Those are the only ones I see possibly gone. Bolded the ones I think will be gone for sure.

So where does Washburn land? Detroit? St. Louis?

Doubt it. We have Mike Waufle.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Just heard they fired him in the parking lot when the team plane landing in Phili. Thats what Im talking about. How many times have people said dont even let him come home, dont let him board the plane. Well they did give him a ride home but thats it. Fired him as soon as the plane landed. HAHAHA.

It's been rumored and now confirm in a couple different links (some in this thread) that Washburn indeed became a Cancer in the locker room. The release of Babin was just the straw that broke the camels back. Supposedly he wasn't informed until after it had already happened. That resulted in him telling players in the locker room he's done in Philly regardless at seasons end. Back stabbing and name calling the DC in front of players was allowed to take place for to long. If anything Washburn should have been the coach fired weeks ago instead of Castillo. I've never seen a Successful DC in the NFL have his defense to been ran dictated by a Dline coach. You call what you want I'll take care of the line? In essence thats exactly what occurred the last year and 1/2. Both Castillo and Bowles were handcuffed to a system neither wanted to play. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we find out in the coming days he had it out with Reid a couple times the past week and on the plane as well. Hence pack your crap in the parking lot!! Laughing

Yea, what I read, they had been. Reputation or not, IMO, it's a good move. Can't have a position coach undermining his superiors.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I don't really care. Washburn acted like a D!CK and he deserved to get fired.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Both Castillo and Bowles were handcuffed to a system neither wanted to play.
I was under the impression that the whole reason Castillo was made DC was because Reid wanted to run a Wide 9 scheme and no one else would take the job and have that system imposed on him except for Reid's buddy the OL coach Castillo.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Jim Washburn called Juan Castillo “Juanita” in front of players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/washburn-undermined-castillo-called-him-juanita-in-front-of-players/

Quote:
The report cites one veteran defensive player as saying that Washburn would either ignore Castillo entirely or confront him in a condescending manner. And Washburn would also call Castillo “Juanita” in front of players.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but I think it's hilarious.

Wow, if I'm Juan Castillo, I'm punching Washburn in the face, in front of everyone. Who cares what the media says, who cares how much I get fined...you don't work FOR me and try to upstage me in front of everyone else like that...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Wow, if I'm Juan Castillo, I'm punching Washburn in the face, in front of everyone. Who cares what the media says, who cares how much I get fined...you don't work FOR me and try to upstage me in front of everyone else like that...
A headbutt would have sufficed as well...

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Both Castillo and Bowles were handcuffed to a system neither wanted to play.
I was under the impression that the whole reason Castillo was made DC was because Reid wanted to run a Wide 9 scheme and no one else would take the job and have that system imposed on him except for Reid's buddy the OL coach Castillo.

To be honest I have never heard anything to that nature before. It was always odd to name a line coach before the DC. However many of us always believed the reason Jim Washburn was signed was to lure Howard Mudd out of retirement. If Mudd was never hired Juan remains the oline coach. As odd as it might have looked to outsiders and fans Andy believed in Castillo because Castillo was always brainstorming with Jim Johnson for years helping him create game plans to attack the line of scrimmage. Problem was Andy was never going to make that change from one of the better Oline coaches in the NFL unless a replacement of equal or better value was there. The Washburn hire IMO had more to do with Mudd then running the wide 9. Might be flawed thinking on Andy's part but I believe it was the major factor while hiring two well respected line coaches and promoting his friend in the process. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
carnageehw wrote:
But it seems pretty pointless. The season is over and everyone's getting fired anyway.

Who knows? I would not be the least bit surprised if Reid keeps his job.
Obviously I am not an Eagles fan and probably don't know all the ins and outs, but I can't see any situation where Reid keeps his job, especially now that they have fired 2 other coaches.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Jim Washburn called Juan Castillo “Juanita” in front of players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/washburn-undermined-castillo-called-him-juanita-in-front-of-players/

Quote:
The report cites one veteran defensive player as saying that Washburn would either ignore Castillo entirely or confront him in a condescending manner. And Washburn would also call Castillo “Juanita” in front of players.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but I think it's hilarious.

Juan is too nice, look at the offensive coaches he worked with under Andy, Childress, Marty, Andy and the other position coaches.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: