Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philadelphia Eagles release D Line Coach Jim Washburn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
He was DL coach last year too though .....

Sure, but the DL wasn't perfect last year either (great at pass rushing, bad against the run) and when it's not an issue of talent there's no one to blame but the coach.

Why is this surprising to anyone? You need talented LBers and DT to stop the run for his scheme to work to its fullest. You all don't have that and didn't when you brought him in so everyone and their mother that knew anything about Washburn's scheme could see it wouldn't work. The guy has been turning trash into treasure for years at DE.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Sure, but the DL wasn't perfect last year either (great at pass rushing, bad against the run) and when it's not an issue of talent there's no one to blame but the coach.

Why is this surprising to anyone? You need talented LBers and DT to stop the run for his scheme to work to its fullest. You all don't have that and didn't when you brought him in so everyone and their mother that knew anything about Washburn's scheme could see it wouldn't work. The guy has been turning trash into treasure for years at DE.

We have good DTs, and our LB play has been better this season than probably any season since 2004.

In 2011, the LBs were absolutely a big part of the issue, but the DT talent wasn't a problem last year or this year. In 2012, we've seen a regression in play from every returning player on the DL, except for Brandon Graham. Realistically, the only guy you can blame for the regression of an entire unit is the coach.

Last edited by WhackyPlague on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I thought the Eagles LB corp this year was much improved over last year, though?

Nacho Simulation Football League
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I thought the Eagles LB corp this year was much improved over last year, though?

It is. Undoubtedly the best LB play we've seen since 2004, if not earlier.

The only player on our DL who hasn't regressed is Brandon Graham, and that's probably because he's finally healthy. An entire unit doesn't regress without the position coach having some blame for it.

Obviously, Washburn has been a good coach, but it wasn't working for this team.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard they fired him in the parking lot when the team plane landing in Phili. Thats what Im talking about. How many times have people said dont even let him come home, dont let him board the plane. Well they did give him a ride home but thats it. Fired him as soon as the plane landed. HAHAHA. This is going to be such a fun offseason. Ill be shocked if at least 7 head coaches aint fired.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Just heard they fired him in the parking lot when the team plane landing in Phili. Thats what Im talking about. How many times have people said dont even let him come home, dont let him board the plane. Well they did give him a ride home but thats it. Fired him as soon as the plane landed. HAHAHA. This is going to be such a fun offseason. Ill be shocked if at least 7 head coaches aint fired.

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

Those are the only ones I see possibly gone. Bolded the ones I think will be gone for sure.

So where does Washburn land? Detroit? St. Louis?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Washburn called Juan Castillo “Juanita” in front of players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/washburn-undermined-castillo-called-him-juanita-in-front-of-players/

Quote:
The report cites one veteran defensive player as saying that Washburn would either ignore Castillo entirely or confront him in a condescending manner. And Washburn would also call Castillo “Juanita” in front of players.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but I think it's hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Jim Washburn called Juan Castillo “Juanita” in front of players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/washburn-undermined-castillo-called-him-juanita-in-front-of-players/

Quote:
The report cites one veteran defensive player as saying that Washburn would either ignore Castillo entirely or confront him in a condescending manner. And Washburn would also call Castillo “Juanita” in front of players.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but I think it's hilarious.

Like I said this is a comedy show. Seasons Over tear down the house and rebuild completely.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

Those are the only ones I see possibly gone. Bolded the ones I think will be gone for sure.

We have one of the best in Mike Wauffle..

Lmao at Juanita.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

add Ken Whisenhunt to that list. Maybe not as a lock to be fired, but definatly a candidate.

sig made by mike23md
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

add Ken Whisenhunt to that list. Maybe not as a lock to be fired, but definatly a candidate.

I have a weird hunch Whiz will survive. I think I remember seeing on here that the FO loves Whiz. Can a Cardinal Fan confirm this?

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
shawn wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

I have a weird hunch Whiz will survive. I think I remember seeing on here that the FO loves Whiz. Can a Cardinal Fan confirm this?

after 8 straight losses...no...that cannot be confirmed.

sig made by mike23md
niner530

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
shawn wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

Can you really blame him though when he has no QB?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niner530 wrote:
shawn wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
shawn wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

who would you blame?

sig made by mike23md
niner530

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
niner530 wrote:
shawn wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
shawn wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Reid
Ryan
Crennel

Mularkey
Munchak
Gailey
Shurmur
Turner
Rivera

who would you blame?

Yeaaa, nvm I blame the coach. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: