Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Miami Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Hotter?
Elizabeth Smith
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Lauren Tannehill
69%
 69%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 26

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
FYI we haven't clinched anything and typically we lose every 3rd game we play .......that 3rd game is Seattle, in Seattle, Division Game, the team everyone says is going to unseat us from the NFC West crown, the team that is virtually invincible in their home games,

Since you include this, you have nothing to worry about if it's truly something you believe, as this would mean we'd clinch a playoff birth next week by beating New England, and clinch the division with a win over Arizona the week after.

and lose in the NFC championship again

Ahh, so you're complaining about making it to the NFC Championship game?

Out of curiosity, when did this losing every third game start? Who was the quarterback?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wants their team to win each game by 30 points and make it look like we're playing madden. This isn't college, most nfl games are close and won by 7 points or less. The old statement "a win is a win" will ALWAYS apply no matter what part of the season we're in because this is not a beauty pageant like college football. This was not a dominant win but it was a win none the less. I don't care if we beat the patriots or Seahawks by 3 points. It's a win!

I've always been a supporter of Alex Smith but after seeing what kaep can do, it's got me really excited. Kaep can do things Alex can't. Kaep can learn to do the things Alex can. Kaep can learn to protect the football better and play not to lose and make smart short throws. Alex cannot learn to run for huge game changing gains or throw a perfect deep ball 40+ yards down the field.

Bottom line, kaep gives the 49ers the best chance to win because he brings elements to the game that Alex doesn't. He also gives the 49ers the best chance of coming from behind to win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Everyone wants their team to win each game by 30 points and make it look like we're playing madden. This isn't college, most nfl games are close and won by 7 points or less. The old statement "a win is a win" will ALWAYS apply no matter what part of the season we're in because this is not a beauty pageant like college football. This was not a dominant win but it was a win none the less. I don't care if we beat the patriots or Seahawks by 3 points. It's a win!

I've always been a supporter of Alex Smith but after seeing what kaep can do, it's got me really excited. Kaep can do things Alex can't. Kaep can learn to do the things Alex can. Kaep can learn to protect the football better and play not to lose and make smart short throws. Alex cannot learn to run for huge game changing gains or throw a perfect deep ball 40+ yards down the field.

Bottom line, kaep gives the 49ers the best chance to win because he brings elements to the game that Alex doesn't. He also gives the 49ers the best chance of coming from behind to win.

I like what Kaep brings, the added dimension to both the passing and running games (though I feel like his being able to do things that Alex can't has added some very curious playcalling decisions), but after watching today, I do think that maybe Alex caught a little bit too much flak for some things that are not as much his fault as previously thought (third down converting, chucking the ball downfield -- we didn't take a whole lot of chances with that today). If we are going to suffer those same problems with Kap at QB, I do have to wonder why the change was made in the first place (not that I'm complaining, simply wondering and curious since it has caused a little drama in both the locker room and media).

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

I don't know that Kaep isn't already doing those things. He's played essentially 5 full games (considering the first game he was in he came in in the 2nd quarter and they played a full OT), he's only committed 2 turnovers. That's not bad, especially when considering how inexperienced he is.

neezy007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

A win is a win even when it's not a win. Ask the chickens and the packers.
in po we trust

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game reminded me of the game against the Browns last year where we just let an obviously inferior team hang on for far longer than it needed to be.

Also .. Dashon Goldson. Brick wall

*(as an extra blocker)
neezy007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
This game reminded me of the game against the Browns last year where we just let an obviously inferior team hang on for far longer than it needed to be.

Also .. Dashon Goldson. Brick wall

Dolphins aren't a terrible team. They aren't good, but they aren't Browns bad. But I do agree it was similar.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions couldn't help us..they made too many mistakes.

Root for the bears to beat the packers next week. We can get the 2 seed by taking care of our own business but I think we'll go 1-1 against the Seahawks and patriots.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to bring out the speakers again to prepare for ne and Seattle.
We should also bring in a play clock.

Also mods... Page 27 of this thread? Nothing?

new sig... sorry alex
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Time to bring out the speakers again to prepare for ne and Seattle.
We should also bring in a play clock.

Also mods... Page 27 of this thread? Nothing?

It's been dealt with in private as it needed to be. Please don't publicly call or ask for bans for any member. If you feel something needs to be done, please send myself or SoCal a PM with a link to the post in question, and we will take a look at it.

blast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

+1
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49erjunkie wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
oh Lord here come the Kaepernick groupies........... Rolling Eyes

lol.. never seen someone so upset that his favorite team just had a big play go for a touchdown. Unbelievable.

bottomline, this dude shouldn't be starting
he's all flash and no substance

do you really think that read option is going to work next week against Darth Belichek the sith lord of football??

or even in seattle where they are virtually unstoppable in their own stadium?

or heck, any playoff team in the NFC for that matter

the more he plays the more teams collect film on him and figure out ways to stop him. Not to mention his complete lac of understanding of urgency when the play clock gets under 8 seconds. We can't afford to lose time-outs against REALLY good teams that we will need later when we're behind because we've gone 3&out five times in row and the defense is gassed.

bottomline, if he continues to be ineffective early in games against better teams we will get rolled.
lol. So a qb with only 4 starts has somehow no room for improvememt? Its not as if we exclusively run the option. Never have I seen someone be so negative about their team winning for no apparent reason.

Oh how quickly we forget those who have an axe to grind against Alex...no, it has been much worse before. You either have forgotten or perhaps have a selective memory. Confused
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

I've always been a supporter of Alex Smith but after seeing what kaep can do, it's got me really excited. Kaep can do things Alex can't. Kaep can learn to do the things Alex can. Kaep can learn to protect the football better and play not to lose and make smart short throws. Alex cannot learn to run for huge game changing gains or throw a perfect deep ball 40+ yards down the field. Bottom line, kaep gives the 49ers the best chance to win because he brings elements to the game that Alex doesn't. He also gives the 49ers the best chance of coming from behind to win.

Nope, he definitely didn't do that against the Saints in the playoffs, did he? Not at all. Rolling Eyes Selective memory...
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I've always been a supporter of Alex Smith but after seeing what kaep can do, it's got me really excited. Kaep can do things Alex can't. Kaep can learn to do the things Alex can. Kaep can learn to protect the football better and play not to lose and make smart short throws. Alex cannot learn to run for huge game changing gains or throw a perfect deep ball 40+ yards down the field. Bottom line, kaep gives the 49ers the best chance to win because he brings elements to the game that Alex doesn't. He also gives the 49ers the best chance of coming from behind to win.

Nope, he definitely didn't do that against the Saints in the playoffs, did he? Not at all. Rolling Eyes Selective memory...

That's one instance. Kaep has shown that he could do it on a game to game basis. His deep balls have been great, but either our players get interfered with (and we don't get a call), or our guys simply don't catch it. In terms of accuracy, Kaep has done much better than what I was expecting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

^^^^^ this is my opinion exactly, Kaep has shown he can go 16-21 for 200 yards and throw 1 Td and 0 INT.

He has also shown an ability to make 1 or 2 game breaking and game changing plays.

It definitely appears he needs to get better at making the right calls at the line and getting to the line quicker, although that may be an issue from the coaches as well.

Kaep has the added dimension. As far as losing in the NFC championship game. There were no guarantees the niners would have won with Alex.

And as you atated above a win is a win

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: