Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Theo Riddick or Eddie Lacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
a 2nd AND a 3rd for McFadden? highly unlikely IMO

Hey if he comes out these last 2 weeks and shows a couple big runs and a couple spectacular plays you never know a team like the jets would jump all over that. I really love mcfadden he is just hurt every year i feel bad for the guy.

The very very best we could hope for McFadden is a 2nd round pick (and probably a low 2nd at that).

That is way overvalue. A 3rd would be a dream, but I doubt a team offers that.

My guess, they keep McFadden because he has more value on the roster than they can get for him.

This.

Again, you sell when perceived value is high not low. Either DMC finishes out the season strong and the Raiders highlight him in the preseason and ship him to a pre-season contender for a 3rd or shoot for the 2015 compensation pick when DMC leaves in FA.

Along those lines, if the season is lost and I was interested in moving DHB this off-season I would force feed him the ball with comeback, bubble screens, etc (things that play to his strengths) and start talking him up NOW. Not phase him out of the offense. Dumb.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DMC is worth a 3rd. We probably wouldn't get one and I understand why but that's just my opinion. I think we could try sending him to a contender like GB or some where that will have a late pick and get a 3rd.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Theo Riddick or Eddie Lacy Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
If we did trade mcfadden (injury prone) for a 2nd and a 3rd this year I see 2 runningbacks that could step in and be a real draft steal for us in the 3rd, where they are predicted to go Notre Dames Theo Riddick or Alabamas Eddie lacy. Theo Riddick looks like he can do everything mcfadden can do. Eddie lacy looks like a trent Richardson clone, what does the Raider Nation think about picking up one of these guys in the 3rd???

Still loonie over McFadden I see. Still overvaluing his market. You went bananas this off-season when I suggested the Raiders trade DMC. I bet you would take some of the proposals u thought were unreasonable now wouldn't ya? Problem is now McFadden's value is 1/10 of what it was presently. When your man crush wears off perhaps you'll be a wee bit more reasonable.

That was def. the beginning of the year. After seeing that even with a QB the dude still gets hurt. I was going to blame his previous injuries on not having a QB and having to me MR.Do it All for the Raiders but now i see the dude is just injury prone.. a team like the Jets would want Mcfadden because they think they know how to utilize him better then we do. Now im saying it Lets trade him and gather picks this team needs to build through the draft if we want to be good, not play with the bust al davis overpayed players.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=quote&p=13833700

RunDmc23 wrote:
Darren Mcfadden has yet to play with carson palmer having him behind the line of scrimmage is going to help carson palmer so much...Im going to laugh so hard when he balls out of control on you people that wanted to trade him. you are all going to act like you were rootin for him the whole time.. watch haha

Funny I can't hear ya laughing . . .

RunDmc23 wrote:
You want a guy that is not injured and stays healthy well too bad its part of the game if it happens it happens, even the best players get injured at least mcfadden doesnt have an injury to deal with like one of the most Gifted running backs to come around in a long time ADRIAN ALL DAY PETERSON....Keep Mcfadden End of Story Haters

Tisk,tisk . . .and NOW you wanna trade DMC.

Where's your boy oak42069? He had some strong words but has quietly slipped away. Sacred of a lil' medicine I see . . .
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think DMC is worth a 3rd. We probably wouldn't get one and I understand why but that's just my opinion. I think we could try sending him to a contender like GB or some where that will have a late pick and get a 3rd.

DMC will yield the Raiders a 2014 3rd rd compensatory pick by signing as a FA to a team playing indoors, on turf, to an ultra-popular team high on star power with a need for a homerun hitting RB, with a complimentary power back with questionable durability who could benefit from a reduced workload, running a PBS in a state w/o a state tax playing for an owner/GM who's known for his affinity for Arkansas RBs and big spending ways.

If the Raiders could find someone like that . . . . hmmmm.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to draft a RB that high. You can find serviceable RBs throughout the draft and our defense is so poor that most of our attention should be shifted to that side of the ball. I love what Reece has done at RB, and Good son is serviceable. If we get rid of DMC look fora vet that can fill a role or draft a RB in the mid rounds and hope he can contribute to a committee approach. Just my opinion on the matter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:
On the original topic, my answer would be neither Lacey or Riddick or any other RB.

Lets ignore the fact that DMC has missed some time, he wasn't getting it done before the injury - maybe not suited to ZBS or whatever, but the fact is that his production has been poor.

Reece over 4 games:
261 yards, 54 carries, Ypc 4.83

McFadden over 8 games:
455 yards, 139 carries, Ypc 3.27

And this doesn't even take into account the fact that Reece is a fairly awesome receiver for a back. Why can't Reece be our starter?

In any case, why draft a RB when we seem hell bent on getting Carson to throw the ball 40-50 times a game and rarely run the ball?

The focus of this draft has to be defense.

We throw 50 times a game because we are usually down by that much at the half.

I agree that we need to make this a D heavy draft, however you can find value in low round RBs. The team always has to look at their board and see who has the best value. Maybe we need a CB but there's none of the with the current rounds grade, however there's a RB, you take the RB. Besides there's no way we can solve all our defensive problems in one draft even if we drafted Georgia's defense.

Yes and no. We throw a lot because we are behind, but it is not like we are trying to REALLY establish the run early doors before we are behind - or at least with any success.

We only ran 17 times against the Browns and 1 of those was Palmer.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

+1

A team that is already playoff-caliber, or almost there would give up a 3rd if they needed help in the run game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of Oak wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:
On the original topic, my answer would be neither Lacey or Riddick or any other RB.

Lets ignore the fact that DMC has missed some time, he wasn't getting it done before the injury - maybe not suited to ZBS or whatever, but the fact is that his production has been poor.

Reece over 4 games:

McFadden over 8 games:

And this doesn't even take into account the fact that Reece is a fairly awesome receiver for a back. Why can't Reece be our starter?

In any case, why draft a RB when we seem hell bent on getting Carson to throw the ball 40-50 times a game and rarely run the ball?

I agree that we need to make this a D heavy draft, however you can find value in low round RBs. The team always has to look at their board and see who has the best value. Maybe we need a CB but there's none of the with the current rounds grade, however there's a RB, you take the RB. Besides there's no way we can solve all our defensive problems in one draft even if we drafted Georgia's defense.

Yes and no. We throw a lot because we are behind, but it is not like we are trying to REALLY establish the run early doors before we are behind - or at least with any success.

We really did abandon the run too much in the 2nd half. I was gonna mention it in the G,B,U thread but there isn't one this week. Or a player of the game thread. Neutral

We're all slackers Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:

Reece over 4 games:

McFadden over 8 games:

We really did abandon the run too much in the 2nd half. I was gonna mention it in the G,B,U thread but there isn't one this week. Or a player of the game thread. Neutral

I'm afraid to say we have been abandoning the run game too early in most games this season.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of Oak wrote:
I'm afraid to say we have been abandoning the run game too early in most games this season.

We have but too be fair, it's been terribly ineffective in many games and by the time we would have a chance to get it established, the defense has already given up two touchdowns so we have to play catch up.... at least as of late.

Running the ball would open up our offense so much more. Wish we could do it...... oh well, maybe next year.

PM sig requests.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:

Reece over 4 games:

McFadden over 8 games:

I always reserved player of the game threads for wins, and obviously we haven't had many.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
If we get rid of DMC look fora vet that can fill a role or draft a RB in the mid rounds and hope he can contribute to a committee approach. Just my opinion on the matter.

I agree with that, that's actually what i was hoping for last off season as well. I wanted Turbin to complement Jones. Now that Jones is seemingly out of our plans, i'm looking for a different kind of back. I think between Reece and Stewart we might have our main RB for the short term. That's why i'd want Riddick who offers something different from those in term of running style. He also has enough versatility to contribute, even if he is given a limited amount of carries per game. i think he's a mid round pick at the moment but he could certainly rise.
raaka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like eddie lacy personally, i actually drafted him in the 3rd round in a mock gm draft. Good size and speed, i think he has a good future in the league wherever he goes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBs the least of our worries. If we're sticking with the ZBS, a combo of Goodson, Stewart, and Reece will be enough. With McFadden and Jones still on the team, I think it'd be dumb to waist anything but a late round pick on the position since we can sign a FA for cheap too.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RBs the least of our worries. If we're sticking with the ZBS, a combo of Goodson, Stewart, and Reece will be enough. With McFadden and Jones still on the team, I think it'd be dumb to waist anything but a late round pick on the position since we can sign a FA for cheap too.

I totally agree. And then we can grab Yeldon the year after, who I think will be better than McFadden.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: