Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16613
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Gordon leads all rookies in receiving yards a touchdown catches, despite being 3rd (or lower) in rrceptions.

Best player to come out via supplemental draft since Bernie, IMO.


and perhaps the best Browns draft pick at WR since Warfield in '64

Oh, I mean "not including Darrin Chiaverini", of course


The qualifier was needed, since Chiaverini is the GWROAT.

Every time I see Gordon catch a deep ball, I feel like sending a FTD "Pick Me Up" bouquet to the Bills GM for not submitting a 2nd round claim.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Gordon leads all rookies in receiving yards a touchdown catches, despite being 3rd (or lower) in rrceptions.

Best player to come out via supplemental draft since Bernie, IMO.


and perhaps the best Browns draft pick at WR since Warfield in '64

Oh, I mean "not including Darrin Chiaverini", of course


The qualifier was needed, since Chiaverini is the GWROAT.

Every time I see Gordon catch a deep ball, I feel like sending a FTD "Pick Me Up" bouquet to the Bills GM for not submitting a 2nd round claim.


I'm glad you said that, sending those things is getting a little pricey...so I can count on you to take over?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4609
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
He's finally starting to run his routes consistently, and you can tell that Weeden (and the coaches) have a lot more trust in him. It's nice to see more in-routes and curls (not that I don't like the posts and the flies Smile ).

Also, Little has impressed me with how he has shut his mouth and done work. Some clutch catches and blocks over the last few weeks. And very little chirping.


Two plays really stand out to me....that for 3rd and short he caught, bobbled and then re-caught for the first down....

AND

The long catch and run by MoMass.....HUGE block to break MoMass open...
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15561
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
He's finally starting to run his routes consistently, and you can tell that Weeden (and the coaches) have a lot more trust in him. It's nice to see more in-routes and curls (not that I don't like the posts and the flies Smile ).

Also, Little has impressed me with how he has shut his mouth and done work. Some clutch catches and blocks over the last few weeks. And very little chirping.


Two plays really stand out to me....that for 3rd and short he caught, bobbled and then re-caught for the first down....

AND

The long catch and run by MoMass.....HUGE block to break MoMass open...


Pretty sure that was Greg Little on the Block.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joelflynn44


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 394
Location: Youngstown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been a pleasant surprise. He would definetly be the #1 WR in next years crop.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9351
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
He's finally starting to run his routes consistently, and you can tell that Weeden (and the coaches) have a lot more trust in him. It's nice to see more in-routes and curls (not that I don't like the posts and the flies Smile ).

Also, Little has impressed me with how he has shut his mouth and done work. Some clutch catches and blocks over the last few weeks. And very little chirping.


Two plays really stand out to me....that for 3rd and short he caught, bobbled and then re-caught for the first down....

AND

The long catch and run by MoMass.....HUGE block to break MoMass open...


Pretty sure that was Greg Little on the Block.

Look at the word in red.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15561
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
He's finally starting to run his routes consistently, and you can tell that Weeden (and the coaches) have a lot more trust in him. It's nice to see more in-routes and curls (not that I don't like the posts and the flies Smile ).

Also, Little has impressed me with how he has shut his mouth and done work. Some clutch catches and blocks over the last few weeks. And very little chirping.


Two plays really stand out to me....that for 3rd and short he caught, bobbled and then re-caught for the first down....

AND

The long catch and run by MoMass.....HUGE block to break MoMass open...


Pretty sure that was Greg Little on the Block.

Look at the word in red.


I'm way to sober....
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Gordon leads all rookies in receiving yards a touchdown catches, despite being 3rd (or lower) in rrceptions.

Best player to come out via supplemental draft since Bernie, IMO.


Jamal Williams was an elite NT taken in the 2nd round of the 1998 supplemental draft.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4304
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Gordon leads all rookies in receiving yards a touchdown catches, despite being 3rd (or lower) in rrceptions.

Best player to come out via supplemental draft since Bernie, IMO.


Jamal Williams was an elite NT taken in the 2nd round of the 1998 supplemental draft.



Eh? ...You got Chris Carter, Eric Swann,Bobby Humphrey they were pretty good players, all made the pro bowl at least once
_________________
Murray State University Alum: Go Racers

PSN: bench515lbs


Last edited by MSURacerDT55 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5833
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon is listed as the #1 WR on the team's official depth chart.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10909
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving what I've seen from Gordon. Where would he have gone in this year's draft? I have no idea. Not only did he have some off the field problems, he wasn't extremely productive on the field either, IIRC. He was just considered a prospect with a lot of potential.

I thought he wouldn't do much until late this season at the earliest. At first he was just a deep threat, which is great, but now he's improved on his route running and he's being used on short and intermediate routes as well.

His play has helped Little out as well. Defenses have to focus on Gordon so it frees things up for Little. He received a bit too much criticism because of his dropped passes. Not saying he didn't deserve criticism, but people acted like he was garbage when he's actually a very talented receiver. When he doesn't drop the ball, he's great at YAC and is tough to bring down.

Cleveland's WR corps went from being arguably the worst to being pretty good with the potential to be really good. Gordon, Little and Benjamin haven't come close to reaching their potential. Then there's Massaquoi and Cooper, who has played well in limited playing time.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10909
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a thread in the NFL General forum about Gordon. Check it out and post your thoughts.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15185308#15185308
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16613
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Gordon leads all rookies in receiving yards a touchdown catches, despite being 3rd (or lower) in rrceptions.

Best player to come out via supplemental draft since Bernie, IMO.


Jamal Williams was an elite NT taken in the 2nd round of the 1998 supplemental draft.



Eh? ...You got Chris Carter, Eric Swann,Bobby Humphrey they were pretty good players, all made the pro bowl at least once


Williams played in only 9 games as a rookie; started none.
Carter had 5 catches his rookie year.
Swann had 4 sacks.

Humphrey, with 1151 rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs, is statistically the only player mentioned pacing Gordon. He fizzled out quickly after two stellar seasons to begin his career. Hopefully, Gordon has a longer career.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickZambo


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1540
Location: Pittsburgh Browns Backin'
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cleveland Browns haters and those who laughed at us using a 2nd round supplemental pick,

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/60426/upon-further-review-browns-24

Quote:
Of all the Browns' moves to improve the offense this year, none had better value than the one that landed Josh Gordon.

Cleveland used a second-round pick in the supplemental draft on Gordon, who has played like a first-round prospect this season. On Sunday, he set career highs in receptions (six) and receiving yards (116).

What the Browns have desperately needed was an explosive element to the offense. Gordon has been the perfect compliment to Brandon Weeden's strong arm with all five of his touchdowns going 20 yards or longer.


Dude can ball...
_________________


Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16613
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Gordon's TD catches, the AVERAGE yardage is 46.0
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group