Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we crown Carnell Lake please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Can we crown Carnell Lake please? Reply with quote

Is there a single positional coach who has made such an obviously powerful, positive impact on the Steelers in the last decade?

Keenan Lewis is playing seriously lights out football.
Ike Taylor got his groove back prior to injury.
Cortez Allen stepped in and aside from a helluva play on that TD, did a fantastic job against Boldin (that PI was pure trash)
Will Allen playing solid football in Troy's absence.
Curtis Brown looking promising as a slot guy, showing definitive improvement in that area.

Also, I must give kudos to Mr. - LeBeau for allowing our guys to play to their strengths in the secondary. Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis are press CBs. Don't force them to drop way back off the LoS, they lose their positive impact there.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Allen has been the biggest surprise. He went from a borderline cut, to a legit NFL player. Not anything to gloat about, but good enough to help maintain sanity without Troy.

How about the love for Ryan Clark? He's been incredible.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing is this-we still don't have the killer pass rush. It's been getting better, but not like the last time we won the SB, not even close. Those DBs are earning their paychecks.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
GridironWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lake keeps this up he may be in the running for a coaching job (which I hope he never takes lol).
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
The biggest thing is this-we still don't have the killer pass rush. It's been getting better, but not like the last time we won the SB, not even close. Those DBs are earning their paychecks.

The issue here is this might be why they are playing so well. When the pass rush returns they might look worse because they had a tendency to slack off thinking "Oh, James is gonna get there. I don't have to go 100%"

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

The issue here is this might be why they are playing so well. When the pass rush returns they might look worse because they had a tendency to slack off thinking "Oh, James is gonna get there. I don't have to go 100%"

I dont think thats true. Perhaps the sense urgency or understanding of one mistake could be detrimental to our success might have been more of what was lacking. I believe they may have learned that its up to them and thats it so they take that on rather than shy away by thinking I cant make a mistake.

Next step for this team is to attack the ball more. I've never seen a team that seems to concern itself with the ball as little as this one.

...you have a forum resume?
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Clark has been pretty great this season. And Lewis/C.Allen/C.Brown have definitely all stepped it up.

Would definitely like to see more INT's, though.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake is doing a good job and all, but it would be nice if he actually ran some interception drills or something. The Steelers cornerbacks couldn't catch an interception if their lives depended on it.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GridironWarrior wrote:
If Lake keeps this up he may be in the running for a coaching job (which I hope he never takes lol).

He's going to have his name mentioned as a defensive coordinator sooner rather than later perhaps even a head coach in time.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we crown Carnell Lake please? Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Is there a single positional coach who has made such an obviously powerful, positive impact on the Steelers in the last decade?

Keenan Lewis is playing seriously lights out football.
Ike Taylor got his groove back prior to injury.
Cortez Allen stepped in and aside from a helluva play on that TD, did a fantastic job against Boldin (that PI was pure trash)
Will Allen playing solid football in Troy's absence.
Curtis Brown looking promising as a slot guy, showing definitive improvement in that area.

Also, I must give kudos to Mr. - LeBeau for allowing our guys to play to their strengths in the secondary. Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis are press CBs. Don't force them to drop way back off the LoS, they lose their positive impact there.

If only LeBeau would allow the DL to play to their strengths the secondary would get more picks and would really have dominating games. Lake has been a great coach and for the first time in years I can say that this secondary can match up with anyone despite lack of pass rush. Now that 92 is getting his game back and worilds is playing better Cool

Beat the ravens in their own building with a #3 RT, #3 QB and wr's that throw the ball away and without (supposedly) top corner. We should have won the other ravens game, but we did win this one. I just hope they stay with more press coverage and not get carried away with the joker. This team plays a simple secondary well, press man-man with this group will win all the way IMO as long as the rest of the team holds up. Shocked
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the Bolts have 3 offensive linemen injured.

their OL sucks to begin with, they'll be that much worse, and Rivers is an immobile statue who panics when under pressure.

LEBEAU!!! UNLEASH THE HOOOOOOOUNDS!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: