Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dustin Keller suffers ankle sprain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Hopefully it will drive down his FA price

Adding him and Fred Davis should be a lot cheaper than expected.

It should be one or the other. You can't have a two TE set with them in it. The reason it works for the Pats is Gronk is a great blocker.

Yeah I agree. I'd honestly rather Davis, who is a better blocker then keller, and Id also like to add Dion Simms (mid rounds) and or Michael Williams (late rounds) both are massive TEs and can block and have pass catching ability and upside. We need more size out of our TEs. Kellers very athletic but 6'2 240 is kind of small for a TE. We could really use a nice 6'6 270 TE to help the running game on the edge. Either way I think we have to try and sign one of them and then draft one at some point.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis on the open market will cost much more than Keller off his rookie contract. I think we're best off with Keller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Davis on the open market will cost much more than Keller off his rookie contract. I think we're best off with Keller
This is Fred Davis not Vernon Davis. Just making sure you know who were talking about.

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Hopefully it will drive down his FA price

Adding him and Fred Davis should be a lot cheaper than expected.

It should be one or the other. You can't have a two TE set with them in it. The reason it works for the Pats is Gronk is a great blocker.

Yeah I agree. I'd honestly rather Davis, who is a better blocker then keller, and Id also like to add Dion Simms (mid rounds) and or Michael Williams (late rounds) both are massive TEs and can block and have pass catching ability and upside. We need more size out of our TEs. Kellers very athletic but 6'2 240 is kind of small for a TE. We could really use a nice 6'6 270 TE to help the running game on the edge. Either way I think we have to try and sign one of them and then draft one at some point.

Actually Davis is probably the worst blocker in the NFL, I could probably get around him. Keller just isn't good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: