Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin James Watt
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Justin James Watt Reply with quote

We all know how much of a game-changer this guy is. He currently is setting the franchise record for sacks in a season with 15.5. Today he broke Reggie Whites pass defended record for a DLmen in a season with 15. He is the only player in NFL history with a 15 sack 15 PD season, but that's not all. He leads the team in tackles 59, and TFL's but I can't find the exact number. He's doing this all from a 5 tech 3-4 DE spot while getting double teamed atleast half the time.

I know he's only in his 2nd season, but when do we look at giving him extension? Next offseason after his 3rd season?

Idk but i'm sure glad 10 teams passed on him and he's all ours.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give him Mario Williams' deal ASAP unless we could get him for lower. Do whatever it takes to keep him. He's the BEST defensive player in the NFL.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Give him Mario Williams' deal ASAP unless we could get him for lower. Do whatever it takes to keep him. He's the BEST defensive player in the NFL.

I hope you mean in 2 or 3 years.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be the worst possible time to extend him. Not only is he under team control for the next 3-4 years, but his value has never been higher. If he produces like this for the next couple of years, great, pay the man whatever he wants. But guys have great early seasons and then fade later in their careers all the time, and that's without taking injury into account.

Sig by matthouston91
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

I hope you mean in 2 or 3 years.

Yeah.
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has just been unreal this year.

Such tremendous effort, such incredible physical ability. He is literally in company with Reggie White now with the season he is having. Watching his career unfold has been a great pleasure thus far.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when everybody was pissed (myself included) when we selected him 10 overall. Funny how things change. He is now tied for my favorite Texan with Arian Foster. This guy is going to be a force if he keeps this up. A year and a half into his career and he is already commanding double teams, already broken the PDF record and is on pace to have a 20 sack season. That's crazy for a 3/4 DE.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew he would be good but never expected this. Smile I heart him
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called it soon after he was drafted, he'll be the first Houston Texan in the Hall of Fame. Very Happy

(Mucho respect to AJ, of course...it's just that there is a BIG logjam at WR right now, with good ones coming up on eligibility soon...)

In regards to contracts: Give the man a blank check as soon as he wants a blank check. Tell him to fill in as many zeros as he'd like.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we sign his first born son, right out of the womb

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should start using him on short and goal-to-go downs similar to the way Vrabel was used in New England. If we could get him a few touchdowns, it may help him in the MVP voting. Very Happy IIRC, he was a TE in High School, and maybe early in college as well. I'm sure he could still catch. Or even have him, Casey and Foster in a wishbone. I'd love to see Watt running full speed and leveling a linebacker at the goal line!
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
This would be the worst possible time to extend him. Not only is he under team control for the next 3-4 years, but his value has never been higher. If he produces like this for the next couple of years, great, pay the man whatever he wants. But guys have great early seasons and then fade later in their careers all the time, and that's without taking injury into account.

I agree. The Texans have been in the zone drafting the past few seasons, and I think that no matter how good a young player turns out to be we should get most of their rookie contract out of them before offering them a new deal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

I agree. The Texans have been in the zone drafting the past few seasons, and I think that no matter how good a young player turns out to be we should get most of their rookie contract out of them before offering them a new deal.

It's just not good business to sign player too early. Even for a player as good as JJ and with his work ethic, the risks are just too great.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

It's just not good business to sign player too early. Even for a player as good as JJ and with his work ethic, the risks are just too great.

I wasnt saying we should sign him today, or even this coming offseason, but the following 2014, going into the last year of his rookie deal.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I remember when everybody was pissed (myself included) when we selected him 10 overall. Funny how things change. He is now tied for my favorite Texan with Arian Foster. This guy is going to be a force if he keeps this up. A year and a half into his career and he is already commanding double teams, already broken the PDF record and is on pace to have a 20 sack season. That's crazy for a 3/4 DE.

The NE forum were pissed you took him at the time too...

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: