Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Cornerbacks in the NFL?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best CB tandem in NFL?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Best Cornerbacks in the NFL? Reply with quote

Champ Bailey.
Chris Harris.
Tony Carter.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Unheralded-Corners-Unyielding-to-QBs/6d8ff4f7-acc9-462b-9d4f-7b7084bb4f70

Quote:
Both Harris and Carter rank in the top five for fewest receiving yards allowed among players that have been targeted at least 50 times this season and all three players are in the top 20 for the lowest percentage of completions allowed.

Quote:
The trio has allowed completions on just 48.3 percent of passes thrown their way this season. The Broncos are one of just three teams, joining the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers, as the only clubs not to allow a 300-yard passer this season.

Are they the best group of CB's in the NFL, right now? If not, whose better? Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say they've played at an elite level. I think Porter gets a bad rap for the Texans game but apart from that he was playing extremely good when he was in. Mike Adams has even done a lot better since the Texans game as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Cornerbacks in the NFL? Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Champ Bailey.
Chris Harris.
Tony Carter.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Unheralded-Corners-Unyielding-to-QBs/6d8ff4f7-acc9-462b-9d4f-7b7084bb4f70

Quote:
Both Harris and Carter rank in the top five for fewest receiving yards allowed among players that have been targeted at least 50 times this season and all three players are in the top 20 for the lowest percentage of completions allowed.

Quote:
The trio has allowed completions on just 48.3 percent of passes thrown their way this season. The Broncos are one of just three teams, joining the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers, as the only clubs not to allow a 300-yard passer this season.

Are they the best group of CB's in the NFL, right now? If not, whose better? Discuss.

Thats a bandwagon I've been on for months. You really need to add Porter in there and Bolden.

We've got 4 legit quality starters and 1 up and comer right now. Not too many teams can claim that.

The 77 team may have had two better starters in Wright and Foley, but never has Denver had the quality and depth we have now.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how quickly that turnaround overcame us still befuddles me to this day. I have no doubt that even without Manning we would have reached the playoffs this year. Let's take Weeden instead of him, for example. We would have been right in the thick of it as well. And that after the complete destruction caused by the McD regime. A few roster tweaks and good coaching and there you go. The secondary is a proof of this.

Our trio with Seattle's and the Rams' CBs. These would be my top three right now- no particular order.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Seattle as the best overall. IMO, we are slightly better than the Rams. So, probably #2 overall.

Quote:
hats a bandwagon I've been on for months. You really need to add Porter in there and Bolden.

Bolden? That is a stretch. The guy has barely played this year and when he was getting PT in the preseason he looked aweful. He is a total developmental player right now that, IMO, is still recovering from his college injury. I love his potential though, as he has the size to be a #1 CB.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be the Jets if Revis wasn't hurt. Our guys are doing pretty good now, but im still nervous about the playoffs.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I would take Seattle as the best overall. IMO, we are slightly better than the Rams. So, probably #2 overall.

Quote:
hats a bandwagon I've been on for months. You really need to add Porter in there and Bolden.

Bolden? That is a stretch. The guy has barely played this year and when he was getting PT in the preseason he looked aweful. He is a total developmental player right now that, IMO, is still recovering from his college injury. I love his potential though, as he has the size to be a #1 CB.

Cmon, I was specific. It's not a stretch to call Bolden an "up and comer" which is exactly what I called him. Porter I described as a quality starter.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our starting 3 (yea I said 3 - the nickel is used so much in the NFL these days you might as well say we have 3 starting corners) isn't the tops in the NFL, its got to be towards the top of the list.

I'd definitely argue that we have the best group of corners (as a whole) in the NFL. The depth we have at the position is outstanding. Tracy Porter is our 4th corner right now, thats crazy good depth, and Omar Bolden hasn't looked too bad as a rookie.

We may have the position figured out even after Champ decides to retire, with Carter and Bolden on the outsides, and Harris staying at the nickel corner spot where he excels.

Best I've felt about our cornerback position in years, and it happened seemingly overnight. Had no expectation of Carter being this good, and to be honest I have to see him play at this level again next year to be completely sold (had the same thing with Harris going into this year - safe to say I'm sold on him now).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, while I think their play has been stellar, I think it is a combination of pass rush, scheme, and the way they have been playing. It's kind of like a "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" sort of thing.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cmon, I was specific. It's not a stretch to call Bolden an "up and comer" which is exactly what I called him. Porter I described as a quality starter.

Ok. I was being a bit nit picky!

But, despit our depth at CB, I believe that we should draft another CB as Porter will definatley not be back next season. This league is so pass heavy, you need to have 5 CB's on the roster IMO.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Best I've felt about our cornerback position in years, and it happened seemingly overnight. Had no expectation of Carter being this good, and to be honest I have to see him play at this level again next year to be completely sold (had the same thing with Harris going into this year - safe to say I'm sold on him now).

My thoughts exactly.

Only thing I want to know is how the rest of the NFL thinks about this secondary. I was afraid to post this in the NFL General because all they do is rip a poster for boasting about their team. Still, theres no way were not top-3 in NFL right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Ok. I was being a bit nit picky!

But, despit our depth at CB, I believe that we should draft another CB as Porter will definatley not be back next season. This league is so pass heavy, you need to have 5 CB's on the roster IMO.

I'd like to see it. Ouside of Champ our CB's are all 5'9" or 5' 10". It'd be nice to have a top tier 6'+ CB being groomed as Champs replacement.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this group of CBs could be the best. But you also need to look into the context and not just look at those stats in a vacuum.

What do I mean by this? The QBs we've played.

Just on total yardage we've played 3 of the top 5 QBs. Brees was the only QB that played from behind (so they had to throw more to catch up), whereas Brady/Ryan played with a lead (so they threw less).

Also outside of the Chiefs QBs and Big Ben, every QB we've faced is in the top 16 and passed for over 3000 yards.

I like SEA CBs alot but they've played Sanchez, Tannehill, Ponder, and AZI (twice).

This defense as a whole I think has gone unnoticed a little, we're top 5 in both yardage and points. The only thing the defense has failed to do at a top 5 level is takeaways.

So based on this I would have to give our group the nod. However if anyone has any reason as to why maybe SEA or someone else is better, I would love to why (I'm being serious too).
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver's has a real nice group of CB's. I love how gritty Denver's CB's are. I don't think Denver's 3 primary CB's are the most talented group in the league, but they don't back down and aren't afraid to challenge anybody.

Having a great pass rush always helps too.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Tracy Porter got Alex Smith'd when he lost his job.

I'm convinced with Harris being a damn good corner but not quite Carter yet. And I also think we need another Corner. Especially if we don't resign Porter. Preferably one at least 6 feet tall.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: