Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What If We Let Flacco Walk?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25538
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.


Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.



This is where i disagree with you. Also, I wouldn't call us "stuck" with Flacco. We've been stuck with much worse over pretty much the entire history of this franchise.


Why do you disagree?

We are absolutely "stuck" with Flacco right now. We can't let him walk because he's the best QB this franchise has ever had and there's nothing better on the market, but we can't pay him elite money because obviously he's not elite and right now I wouldn't consider him a franchise QB under Cam Cameron's system. That's the definition of being "stuck" with someone.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17667
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE



EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?


Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alfalcone


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 1394
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.


Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.


Exactly, Flacco has us stuck with Atlanta Hawks syndrome, better to tear it down, and build it back up than to continuously bump your head against the ceiling.
_________________
Really just waiting for Ozzie to draft Karlos Williams


Last edited by alfalcone on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE



EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?


Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.

Are you finished yet.. or might there be room for one more? Brick wall
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7535
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE



EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?


Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.

Are you finished yet.. or might there be room for one more? Brick wall


Hold the bus I'm going too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17667
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE



EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?


Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.

Are you finished yet.. or might there be room for one more? Brick wall


It's a little uncomfortable fitting more than one person into this booth. But it's not like it'll matter, right? Hop on in!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9111
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE



EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?


Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.

Are you finished yet.. or might there be room for one more? Brick wall


It's a little uncomfortable fitting more than one person into this booth. But it's not like it'll matter, right? Hop on in!


Overcoming the awkwardness and squeezing in with you guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9111
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.


Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.



This is where i disagree with you. Also, I wouldn't call us "stuck" with Flacco. We've been stuck with much worse over pretty much the entire history of this franchise.


Why do you disagree?

We are absolutely "stuck" with Flacco right now. We can't let him walk because he's the best QB this franchise has ever had and there's nothing better on the market, but we can't pay him elite money because obviously he's not elite and right now I wouldn't consider him a franchise QB under Cam Cameron's system. That's the definition of being "stuck" with someone.


Because there's nothing that makes me believe that we will "never" win a SB with Harbaugh. There's really no way to back up either side of the opinion. It really comes down to your own personal views on his ability as a coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17667
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.


Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.



This is where i disagree with you. Also, I wouldn't call us "stuck" with Flacco. We've been stuck with much worse over pretty much the entire history of this franchise.


Why do you disagree?

We are absolutely "stuck" with Flacco right now. We can't let him walk because he's the best QB this franchise has ever had and there's nothing better on the market, but we can't pay him elite money because obviously he's not elite and right now I wouldn't consider him a franchise QB under Cam Cameron's system. That's the definition of being "stuck" with someone.


Because there's nothing that makes me believe that we will "never" win a SB with Harbaugh. There's really no way to back up either side of the opinion. It really comes down to your own personal views on his ability as a coach.


Exactly. People actually like to act as if there's some kind of magical barrier in place when that just isn't the case. I don't see how anyone can say that after the margin of error has been so close in recent years.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25538
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.


Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.



This is where i disagree with you. Also, I wouldn't call us "stuck" with Flacco. We've been stuck with much worse over pretty much the entire history of this franchise.


Why do you disagree?

We are absolutely "stuck" with Flacco right now. We can't let him walk because he's the best QB this franchise has ever had and there's nothing better on the market, but we can't pay him elite money because obviously he's not elite and right now I wouldn't consider him a franchise QB under Cam Cameron's system. That's the definition of being "stuck" with someone.


Because there's nothing that makes me believe that we will "never" win a SB with Harbaugh. There's really no way to back up either side of the opinion. It really comes down to your own personal views on his ability as a coach.


Exactly. People actually like to act as if there's some kind of magical barrier in place when that just isn't the case. I don't see how anyone can say that after the margin of error has been so close in recent years.


And I've seen nothing to show me that we've done anything to overcome that barrier and show improvement. If anything, we've just gotten worse from last year.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

And I've seen nothing to show me that we've done anything to overcome that barrier and show improvement. If anything, we've just gotten worse from last year.

This team has more heart than the unit from last year. We also have a better receiving core. Our defense is worse, but we still protect the redzone well. But most importantly this team has much more heart. I think we fight harder this year than in the past few seasons. We also have a beastly special teams with both return units and kickers that can get it done.

Sure we're not as good as we were last year, but we're a more connected unit. This team has faced adversity and injuries all over. This is the type of team that could get our defenders back for the playoffs (or earlier) and truly hit the ground running.

We've seen nothing spectacular yet, true. But the playoffs are a different animal. This unit will surely face some tests, but they have potential. Flacco doesn't need to win 3 games in a row because we've proven we can win in so many ways. Even if our offensive and defensive units fail us, we should still have a pretty darn good special teams to fall back on and keep us close.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25538
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope Ray and Jimmy Smith can fix our schematic issues on defense and Flacco's inconsistency and Cam's play-calling and scheme on offense, otherwise we're in trouble.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StRawz11


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 3724
Location: Not in Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well I hope Ray and Jimmy Smith can fix our schematic issues on defense and Flacco's inconsistency and Cam's play-calling and scheme on offense, otherwise we're in trouble.


Honestly, I don't see them helping much. The D has been playing better without them really. You just know Jimmy will be out there biting at the stop and go
_________________


"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
draftguru1234


Joined: 09 Feb 2011
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely not impressed with Jimmy Smith, from the little I've seen from him.

Even if he does come back this year, I wouldn't consider him a game changer in the least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25538
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well I hope Ray and Jimmy Smith can fix our schematic issues on defense and Flacco's inconsistency and Cam's play-calling and scheme on offense, otherwise we're in trouble.


Honestly, I don't see them helping much. The D has been playing better without them really. You just know Jimmy will be out there biting at the stop and go


He was the worst rated CB in the NFL before his injury. He won't help this team at all this year.

As for Ray, he was getting blown up in the run game and obviously he's not as good as he was once was in the passing game.

Everyone seems to be hyping up these guys returning, but all I see is their return hurting us, really.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group