Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What If We Let Flacco Walk?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Integrity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
That formula worked because 2 HOF players have been playing on our defense for the last decade or so and we enjoyed many playoff seasons thanks to them. Those players are retiring now and its very unlikely our defense remains top 3 every year like we're used to.

I believe this has more to do with the defensive philosophy then it does with who is retiring.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
That formula worked because 2 HOF players have been playing on our defense for the last decade or so and we enjoyed many playoff seasons thanks to them. Those players are retiring now and its very unlikely our defense remains top 3 every year like we're used to.

Let me preface this by saying that Ray Lewis is my 1a favorite player of all times. But that being said, he's clearly not the same nor has he been the same player as he was in his prime during the entirety of Flacco's tenure. At best he was still dominant against the run but slipping in coverage up until about 09'. But last year and the year before it, he's just been really good in that area, but not elite... And certainly not the ultra-elite that he was in his prime.

With regard to Reed. Same thing. He's been dealing with his should injury since what, 09 (being lazy so IIRC). Flacco was just a 2nd year player. We've also endured the loss of both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed at different points in the past. If we commit high level draft picks to their spots we most assuredly can replace the impact of their current selves and possibly upgrade our unit.

It's not like we're replacing Prime Reed and Prime Lewis all at once (or would be), we'd be losing very good players that have the opportunity to be replaced.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

Fire Cam, promote Caldwell, get a new QB coach. All fairly straightforward moves, if you ask me. Not controversial, not outlandish. If you don't want Caldwell as OC, then there are trained apes who could call better games on a consistent basis than Cam Cameron.

THIS.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Just to echo these sentiments, I caught a bit of the WAS-NYG game last night and have to say that there was one play in particular that got my attention. There was a slight rub that the Giants ran that caused one of the Washignton corners to hit another Washington DB (not a pick at all) and free up the Giants receiver for a long completion. I have never, ever seen anything like this from Cam Cameron.

Exactly what I've been saying. We don't do that, we never have and Cam never will. His scheme is from the freaking 1980s or 1970s. We don't run anything new and innovative at all, or even try to use creativity to get people open. Cam's idea of getting someone open is having them run faster than the defender either vertically or horizontally, that's it.

It's proven time and time again that that system doesn't work. I mean for the last 3 years, look at the WR's we've had come through here, all with the same results in the same scheme and even though Cam said we would be running no-huddle offense this year, I've seen the same offense ever since week 1 with a sprinkle of no-huddle thrown in, but there's no new formations, no new plays, no new concepts, it's all the same garbage that's failed for the past 3 years.

I've said this before and I'll say it again because it directly applies to Cam Cameron: Insanity is defined by doing the same action over and over again and expecting different results.

That is our offense in a nutshell.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team is stuck with both (Flacco and Cam) for the foreseeable future.

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

The only scenario in which I see Cam getting fired is:
a.) The offense just stops showing up on a consistent basis
b.) The team doesn't win again this year
c.) The team finishes below .500 (next year)

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draftguru1234 wrote:

Its become quite apparent Cam will stay here as long as Harbs is here. And the only way Harbs makes a change at OC is if hes pressured in to it, which wont be for a while. Think about it. 2 AFCC games, a playoff appearance and win in every year they've been here. And barring a major collapse, the team will make it to the playoffs a 5th consecutive year.

Bottom line is, because the Ravens are a perennial playoff team, something as major as QB or OC isn't going to change.

Which is also why this team may never win a SB in the Harbaugh era, either.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:

This is where i disagree with you. Also, I wouldn't call us "stuck" with Flacco. We've been stuck with much worse over pretty much the entire history of this franchise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:

OCs are much more replaceable than QBs, but I agree that the Ravens probably wont win a Super Bowl under Harbaugh

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if flacco wants elite money.

Why not let him walk and sign alex smith?

seriously their will be absolutely no drop off.

Alex Smith led a good team in 49ers a play away from superbowl. He has a shot at doing the same with ravens. Honestly smith or flacco in there would make no difference.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

Alex Smith led a good team in 49ers a play away from superbowl. He has a shot at doing the same with ravens. Honestly smith or flacco in there would make no difference.

Ok people, let's not overreact here...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

The 49ers have Jim, who has a superb understanding of how to manipulate a defense to generate the appropriate matchups of his playmakers vs liability defenders. Jim is also a notable QB guru having coached up Alex Smith to being competent, made Kaepernick into an overall playmaker, and of course Andrew Luck at the collegiate level.

So Alex Smith has largely benefited from playing within a competent offense with a coach that is known for understanding how to bring along a QB safely. He also doesn't have a skillet that best translates into a vertical passing offense. There would be a noticeable drop off from Flacco to Smith.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

The fact that you think the draft bust Alex Smith is somehow just as good as Flacco because he played efficiently for a season and a half is exactly why we don't take these posts seriously.

Alex Smith isn't on Flacco's level. At all. Alex Smith is a better Trent Dilfer, that's it -- he can manage the games, not make mistakes, and let his team win the game for him. He can't win games for you, whereas Flacco can (despite what the public wants to believe).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of Alex Smith in Cameron's system. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE

EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE

EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2tLGCQhPho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: