Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's ego would bust this plan?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Who's ego would bust this plan? Reply with quote

Given facts this year. Holmly is goon.

Did you know we are 4-3 with Haden in the lineup and 0-5 without him in the lineup.

The big question is Pat Shurman a Head Coach? Are you ready to say no way he could win if 6 or 7 years .......

Now think of ego's.......

Let"s give Pat a chance. Heep Heckert. Keep Jouroun and the D staff except maybe an adjustment in positional interest if needed.

For the ney sayers.... would if Andy Reid was head coach and Pat would stay as OC with the same pay or a raise.

Include Chilly as Asst. to something but he got a raise.

Heck, keep Ray Rhodes with a raise too.

Do you see how our team is playing now??????

This group we have with no egos could win everything with Jimmy knowing he has a Home Run in the making.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to put the bottle down.... Haha

but seriously,

If haslam says shurmur is the right guy and has his full support than great!

it's a nice idea with he Reid thing, but I don't think it's real. This is what should have been done in the first place - experienced offensive head coach with Shurmur as the OC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this team continues to play like they have the last few weeks and Banner cleans house, I'll be pretty PO'ed.

I don't know if Shurmur is the real deal. Maybe, maybe not.

I'm starting to think that Heckert certainly is.

I'm pretty certain that our coordinators are legit, especially Jauron.

If Haslam/Banner can lure a top shelf WCO HC to come in and tweak things while keeping our system/staff in place, go for it, but blowing this thing up and making large scale changes would be impatient and certainly not in the best interest of the team.

Haslam plans on owning the team for decades. One more year to find out exactly what we've got wouldn't be a bad idea and may prove quite wise.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's and offensive coach and our offense is terrible. A former QB coach and our QB's have both played like garbage under him. I don't understand the apologies for this guy.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
He's and offensive coach and our offense is terrible. A former QB coach and our QB's have both played like garbage under him. I don't understand the apologies for this guy.

The rookie QB, RB, WRx2 and RT have no part in this?

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Was that the same excuse for the garbage offense we had last year?
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

No, no. Last year we had a talented, veteran laden team with Superbowl aspirations and Shurmur totally chit the bed.

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

No, no. Last year we had a talented, veteran laden team with Superbowl aspirations and Shurmur totally chit the bed.

So you don't want to actually tackle the question?

We had veterans, our offense sucked. We improve the talent, our offense sucks. what would it take for you to consider that our offensive coordinator and our HC could be the reason our offense is bad?
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:

We had veterans, our offense sucked. We improve the talent, our offense sucks. what would it take for you to consider that our offensive coordinator and our HC could be the reason our offense is bad?

We had gawdawful veterans and our offense sucked. We improve the talent and in the process become the youngest team in the NFL (with 7 guys in either their 1st or 2nd year playing significant roles on offense), and our offense sucked.

What would it take? Probably a 2-3 years of the same guy behind center, running the same offense with reasonable talent with at least a moderate amount of experience.

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

We had gawdawful veterans and our offense sucked. We improve the talent and in the process become the youngest team in the NFL (with 7 guys in either their 1st or 2nd year playing significant roles on offense), and our offense sucked.

What would it take? Probably a 2-3 years of the same guy behind center, running the same offense with reasonable talent with at least a moderate amount of experience.

The Rams offense is better than ours, their team is every bit as young as ours, they have less experience with their coaching staff than ours.

The Colts have a better offense than ours. Coaching staff that's been in there less time than ours.

I just see other teams drafting young QB's and being better than us on offense, other teams getting new coaching staffs and being better than us, other teams relying on 1st and 2nd year players and being better than us.

I just wish I saw some improvement on offense. I don't see it.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

The Rams offense is better than ours, their team is every bit as young as ours, they have less experience with their coaching staff than ours.

The Colts have a better offense than ours. Coaching staff that's been in there less time than ours.

I just see other teams drafting young QB's and being better than us on offense, other teams getting new coaching staffs and being better than us, other teams relying on 1st and 2nd year players and being better than us.

2008- 14.5 PPG
2009- 15.3 PPG
2010- 16.9 PPG
2011- 13.6 PPG
2012- 19.1 PPG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011: YPG rank - 29th
2012: YPG rank - 29th
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
2011: YPG rank - 29th
2012: YPG rank - 29th

WRONG

2011: YPG rank (after 16 games) - 29th

2012: YPG rank (after 12 games) - 27th

Also, if you want to compare the team to itself, you don't use league rankings since that compares the team to the league

Do you even know how many yards per game you're talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

The Rams score half a point per game less than us.

The Colts have the the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The guy is a once in a generation talent. Even those of us who like Weeden aren't going to compare him to Luck.

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

The Rams score half a point per game less than us.

The Colts have the the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The guy is a once in a generation talent. Even those of us who like Weeden aren't going to compare him to Luck.
Really?
Quote:
You assume too much. Who would they be throwing to? Luck doesn't do very much better with a vet team now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: