Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Cowboys: Dalton is from Texas too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing I'm dissapointed with most is my crappy GDT winning streak is over. Better let J put time and effort into them now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
No, Andy was off plenty of times too.

I was referring to the dropped passes. they were all pretty catchable balls.

Just watched the game over.

Here's a question. On the Marvin Jones TD catch that was blown off because he went out of the back of the end zone. Why wasn't there a flag for him being pushed out of the end-zone; (illegal contact beyond 5 yards ) ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Here's a question. On the Marvin Jones TD catch that was blown off because he went out of the back of the end zone. Why wasn't there a flag for him being pushed out of the end-zone; (illegal contact beyond 5 yards ) ?

Depends on if the QB was out of the pocket or not. Dalton did leave the pocket on that play, if he was outside when the push occurred, then the refs made the right call (and non-call) on that play...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

isn't it because Andy was out of the pocket.... They can push them out when that happens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

isn't it because Andy was out of the pocket.... They can push them out when that happens.

Yeah, wasn't that a debacle with the replacement refs earlier this year? In was in the opposite endzone for me so I didn't see it clearly.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:

OK, so once the QB is out of the pocket it turns into a run play right, so the DB's can block-up. How on earth the DB can watch the ball, and see if the QB is out of the pocket is beyond me, but there you go.

Whats the excuse for the BS call on Nelsons chest-shot on Bryant ?

Or was that just a plain good old fashioned screw-up ?

It must be real frustrating for the D coaches, teaching guys to hit with their hands chest or shoulder and not lead with the head, and then still get flagged....

Bring back the replacements I say........

Last edited by LondonBengal on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

OK. But surely the DB still can't make contact beyond 5 yards of the LOS on a pass play ? Thats still illegal contact aint it ?

If the QB is out of the pocket, illegal contact is no longer a call.

They just plain screwed up the Nelson call.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

OK, so once the QB is out of the pocket it turns into a run play right, so the DB's can block-up. How on earth the DB can watch the ball, and see if the QB is out of the pocket is beyond me, but there you go.

It must be real frustrating for the D coaches, teaching guys to hit with their hands chest or shoulder and not lead with the head, and then still get flagged....

there is no excuse.. That was a textbook tackle that was called wrong.
That play could be in a tackling handbook on how you are supposed to do it.

Total joke these refs are in today's game....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm actually not too disappointed by the loss. 4 wins in a row, we were bound to start making some mistakes and drop a game. Just glad it was to a NFC team.

We need to run the table now to make the playoffs. Which I'm kind of happy about. If we can't run the table we probably won't do much in the playoffs anyway...

Agree with this.......

I think sometimes we also forget just how young this offensive team is. If we can keep this team together and healthy and put it all together, we are gonna absolutely crush some people
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:

No, they are doing what they are told to do... protect the league brand, specifically the big market teams like Dallas. Goodell and the money counters want the big market teams in pl;ayoff contention and ultimately the postseason. A dallas loss knocks them out for good.

Another series of calls to look at was the long run by BJGE late in the game. He gets a 40 yard run called partially back for an illegal block in the back far away from the play. We lose 20. Then Whit comes up with a 10 yarder for holding, and there was another penalty in there. Compare that with the Denver game. Green goes down the same sideline, gets mugged, but mysteriously, they don't call PI in favor of holding. Even the Broncos defense was backing up to a PI call. Immediately after, we get an illegal formation and two straight holding calls. In essense, we went from their 35 to behind our own 20 without a play that actually counted.
dez85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

No, they are doing what they are told to do... protect the league brand, specifically the big market teams like Dallas. Goodell and the money counters want the big market teams in pl;ayoff contention and ultimately the postseason. A dallas loss knocks them out for good.

Another series of calls to look at was the long run by BJGE late in the game. He gets a 40 yard run called partially back for an illegal block in the back far away from the play. We lose 20. Then Whit comes up with a 10 yarder for holding, and there was another penalty in there. Compare that with the Denver game. Green goes down the same sideline, gets mugged, but mysteriously, they don't call PI in favor of holding. Even the Broncos defense was backing up to a PI call. Immediately after, we get an illegal formation and two straight holding calls. In essense, we went from their 35 to behind our own 20 without a play that actually counted.

That block in the back on AJ was so pedestrian it was funny. I've pushed my nephew harder on a swing set. Then there was the 'hold' on Kyle Cook which was barely anything. Either way, we had enough chances and the power was in our hands to finish. Even though we were all over them we deserved to lose with that effort.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

Think How quickly we lose perspective.

The L was not the refs fault. Totally on the players side of the equation. Have to execute better.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

The L was not the refs fault. Totally on the players side of the equation. Have to execute better.

I didn't blame the loss on the Refs at all. I was specifically talking about that call being a joke.

This loss was on the coaching and players not making plays when needed.
Dropped interceptions, AJ having hopefully the worst game of his career and the Bengals not running the ball in the fourth quarter...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
theJ wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

I didn't blame the loss on the Refs at all. I was specifically talking about that call being a joke.

Dropped interceptions, AJ having hopefully the worst game of his career and the Bengals not running the ball in the fourth quarter...

I should have separate my thoughts better. Those two lines were independent. Whether you like it or not, the refs in place now are the best in the world at that job. Period. To call them a joke or call for replacements is to suggest that they should be able to call a game as well as you can from your couch with slow motion as an aid.

Tis impossible.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
theJ wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:

I should have separate my thoughts better. Those two lines were independent. Whether you like it or not, the refs in place now are the best in the world at that job. Period. To call them a joke or call for replacements is to suggest that they should be able to call a game as well as you can from your couch with slow motion as an aid.

Tis impossible.

again... I was talking about this particular play. The ref that was five yards from it, looking right at the play called incomplete. The ref from the middle of the field called unnecessary roughness...

I agree that the refs get most calls right and for me to say they are a joke as a whole is not true...
So I will just say the way they are being forced to call todays game is a joke...

BTW...I am a pretty good couch ref...and totally unbiased.. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: