Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
I think so.


Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"
Lovie isn't our GM. I think Hodges day one would be better then Urlacher. 49ers fans didn't want to see Montana in a Chiefs jersey but it happens and this move needs to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9856
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
I think so.


Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"
Lovie isn't our GM. I think Hodges day one would be better then Urlacher. 49ers fans didn't want to see Montana in a Chiefs jersey but it happens and this move needs to happen.


I agree that Urlacher is pretty easy to replace right now.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
I think so.


Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"
Lovie isn't our GM. I think Hodges day one would be better then Urlacher. 49ers fans didn't want to see Montana in a Chiefs jersey but it happens and this move needs to happen.


I agree that Urlacher is pretty easy to replace right now.
Also keep in mind the contract he may want. I don't know if he's more then a vet minimum guy at this point. He's a downhill thumper at this point. I love the guy but we have to move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9856
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
I think so.


Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"
Lovie isn't our GM. I think Hodges day one would be better then Urlacher. 49ers fans didn't want to see Montana in a Chiefs jersey but it happens and this move needs to happen.


I agree that Urlacher is pretty easy to replace right now.
Also keep in mind the contract he may want. I don't know if he's more then a vet minimum guy at this point. He's a downhill thumper at this point. I love the guy but we have to move on.


Agreed.

But I think that we will see Roach at MLB and the rookie at SLB and eased into the defense.

No Urlacher would give us 8 million back on the cap.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
I think so.


Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"
Lovie isn't our GM. I think Hodges day one would be better then Urlacher. 49ers fans didn't want to see Montana in a Chiefs jersey but it happens and this move needs to happen.


I agree that Urlacher is pretty easy to replace right now.
Also keep in mind the contract he may want. I don't know if he's more then a vet minimum guy at this point. He's a downhill thumper at this point. I love the guy but we have to move on.


Agreed.

But I think that we will see Roach at MLB and the rookie at SLB and eased into the defense.

No Urlacher would give us 8 million back on the cap.
I wouldnt do that. LBs are RBs are plug and play. (for the most part) I think Hodges can start day one at MLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shruj


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 177
Location: Oswego, IL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I like the mock. The only guy I wouldn't want is Holmes. Saw a bunch of USC games and he just isn't physical off the line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
A lot of raw talent in this draft that would require coaching up…Johnson has a real nice physical skill set and could be very good in time…Hodges is another guy with a great skill set but he would have to learn how to play inside…Holmes isn’t a guy I’m really high on…he is solid but struggles against better competition…Commings is another guy with great size and physicality for the position but hasn’t been overly productive…I think altho Wilson has fallen off this season I reckon someone will take a shot on him higher than the 5th…same goes for Taylor who should impress at the combine…overall there would be plenty risk involved here but at the same time these guys could develop into fine players…

Also you still have Mosley on your depth chart.
Thanks about Mosley. He's my non trade down option. I think we have bring in a LT who has the ability to start. I think it's a bit of a reach but I would do it. I think Hodges would be a smooth transition. He's lined up in a MLB like spot before and plays well. I just love his all around game and I think he's a very safe prospect. I like Holmes a lot. I think he's right there with Barrett Jones as the best C in college. He's played well in every game I've seen and I think he's an NFL starter. Commings isn't a big time play maker but in round 4 I think he would be a nice pickup for depth and STs. Wilson is gonna be compared to Mike Williams (Syracuse) for obvious reasons. I think he's a poor mans version but he has the tools and I think he could be there. Taylor is an enigma. He could be a complete bust or a steal.
How are we going to bring in a LT ready to start? It ain't gonna happen. We need to take a center and another lineman in the draft around the third round which we don't have. And we need another WR so there is a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
To be honest I don’t see why you would be against…or believe that Lovie won’t…play a rookie at MLB…in many ways it’s one of the easier positions to transition to from the college ranks…most of these guys have been calling plays for years and are leaders…for example in my next mock I have us taking Shayne Skov in the 3rd round…as much as he isn’t an elite athlete that Urlacher was he is an extremely smart emotional leader who even vets would gravitate too…I would have no problem seeing him start from day 1.


Lovie rarely starts rookies on defense.

It is an incredibly important position in his defense.

Everything about this defense is based on knowledge of the system, experience and being able to do things over and over again while working within the system.

I have no problem with a rookie starting, but what has Lovie shown you that makes you think he will do it?
He does start safeties though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
A lot of raw talent in this draft that would require coaching up…Johnson has a real nice physical skill set and could be very good in time…Hodges is another guy with a great skill set but he would have to learn how to play inside…Holmes isn’t a guy I’m really high on…he is solid but struggles against better competition…Commings is another guy with great size and physicality for the position but hasn’t been overly productive…I think altho Wilson has fallen off this season I reckon someone will take a shot on him higher than the 5th…same goes for Taylor who should impress at the combine…overall there would be plenty risk involved here but at the same time these guys could develop into fine players…

Also you still have Mosley on your depth chart.
Thanks about Mosley. He's my non trade down option. I think we have bring in a LT who has the ability to start. I think it's a bit of a reach but I would do it. I think Hodges would be a smooth transition. He's lined up in a MLB like spot before and plays well. I just love his all around game and I think he's a very safe prospect. I like Holmes a lot. I think he's right there with Barrett Jones as the best C in college. He's played well in every game I've seen and I think he's an NFL starter. Commings isn't a big time play maker but in round 4 I think he would be a nice pickup for depth and STs. Wilson is gonna be compared to Mike Williams (Syracuse) for obvious reasons. I think he's a poor mans version but he has the tools and I think he could be there. Taylor is an enigma. He could be a complete bust or a steal.
How are we going to bring in a LT ready to start? It ain't gonna happen. We need to take a center and another lineman in the draft around the third round which we don't have. And we need another WR so there is a problem.
A top 50 pick can start at LT. Also I dont have him starting in this scenario. I have us taking a C and WR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9856
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in another thread if we get bounced first round which I think happens we will be picking at 22 or 23.

We should have a shot at a LT like Fisher and Matthews.

If they struggle we always have Webb.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
As I said in another thread if we get bounced first round which I think happens we will be picking at 22 or 23.

We should have a shot at a LT like Fisher and Matthews.

If they struggle we always have Webb.
I probably would too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group