Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Re-sign: Henry Melton(6yr, $40mil), Kelvin Hayden(2yr, $5mil), Johnny Knox(2yr, $2mil), Isreal Idonije(2yr,$2mil), Nate Collins(2yr,$2mil)
No longer with team: Brian Urlacher, Jason Campbell, Chilo Rachal, Chris Spencer, DJ Moore, Jonathan Scott

Free Agents: Andre Smith OL Cincinnati Bengals
Dustin Keller TE New York Jets

1. Trade down for a 2nd and 3rd
2. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
2. Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
3. Khaled Holmes C/OG USC
4. Sanders Commings CB Georgia
5. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
6. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

QB: Cutler, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Knox, Bennett, Hester, Wilson, Weems, Sanzenbacher
TE: Keller, Rodriguez, Davis, Spaeth
LT: Webb, Johnson, Brown
LG: Carimi, Williams, Brown
C: Garza, Holmes, Williams
RG: Louis, Williams, Brown
RT: Smith, Johnson, Brown

DE: Peppers, Wootton, McClellin, Idonije, Taylor
DT: Melton, Paea, Jones, Okoye, Collins, Toeania
SLB: Roach, Hayes, J.T. Thomas
MLB: Hodges, Hayes, Costanzo
WLB: Briggs, Hayes
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Commings, Bowman, McManis, Wilhite
S: Conte, Wright, Steltz, Hardin
K: Gould
P: Podlesh
LS: Mannelly

Last edited by DaMike on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of raw talent in this draft that would require coaching up…Johnson has a real nice physical skill set and could be very good in time…Hodges is another guy with a great skill set but he would have to learn how to play inside…Holmes isn’t a guy I’m really high on…he is solid but struggles against better competition…Commings is another guy with great size and physicality for the position but hasn’t been overly productive…I think altho Wilson has fallen off this season I reckon someone will take a shot on him higher than the 5th…same goes for Taylor who should impress at the combine…overall there would be plenty risk involved here but at the same time these guys could develop into fine players…

Also you still have Mosley on your depth chart.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
A lot of raw talent in this draft that would require coaching up…Johnson has a real nice physical skill set and could be very good in time…Hodges is another guy with a great skill set but he would have to learn how to play inside…Holmes isn’t a guy I’m really high on…he is solid but struggles against better competition…Commings is another guy with great size and physicality for the position but hasn’t been overly productive…I think altho Wilson has fallen off this season I reckon someone will take a shot on him higher than the 5th…same goes for Taylor who should impress at the combine…overall there would be plenty risk involved here but at the same time these guys could develop into fine players…

Also you still have Mosley on your depth chart.
Thanks about Mosley. He's my non trade down option. I think we have bring in a LT who has the ability to start. I think it's a bit of a reach but I would do it. I think Hodges would be a smooth transition. He's lined up in a MLB like spot before and plays well. I just love his all around game and I think he's a very safe prospect. I like Holmes a lot. I think he's right there with Barrett Jones as the best C in college. He's played well in every game I've seen and I think he's an NFL starter. Commings isn't a big time play maker but in round 4 I think he would be a nice pickup for depth and STs. Wilson is gonna be compared to Mike Williams (Syracuse) for obvious reasons. I think he's a poor mans version but he has the tools and I think he could be there. Taylor is an enigma. He could be a complete bust or a steal.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I am not a Holmes fan he just is not very physical.

-If Lovie is here I think there is almost a 0% chance that a rookie MLB starts in his defense.

-This Urlacher decision is going to be incredibly intense, he looked awful against the Seahawks.

-We talked about Johnson and I think he is going to be good, but he might now be able to start this year which you indicate.

-Keller is interesting and a tough eval because of how terrible Sanchez is.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

-If Lovie is here I think there is almost a 0% chance that a rookie MLB starts in his defense.

-This Urlacher decision is going to be incredibly intense, he looked awful against the Seahawks.

-We talked about Johnson and I think he is going to be good, but he might now be able to start this year which you indicate.

I think we can plug in a rookie at MLB. Lots of teams do and he'll get help from Briggs. I like Keller. He's the type of TE Tice likes and would be a nice option who can stretch the field.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think we can plug in a rookie at MLB. Lots of teams do and he'll get help from Briggs. I like Keller. He's the type of TE Tice likes and would be a nice option who can stretch the field.

I just don't think Lovie will do it.

I think Roach goes to MLB and Hodges goes to SLB and get eased into it.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don’t see why you would be against…or believe that Lovie won’t…play a rookie at MLB…in many ways it’s one of the easier positions to transition to from the college ranks…most of these guys have been calling plays for years and are leaders…for example in my next mock I have us taking Shayne Skov in the 3rd round…as much as he isn’t an elite athlete that Urlacher was he is an extremely smart emotional leader who even vets would gravitate too…I would have no problem seeing him start from day 1.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
To be honest I don’t see why you would be against…or believe that Lovie won’t…play a rookie at MLB…in many ways it’s one of the easier positions to transition to from the college ranks…most of these guys have been calling plays for years and are leaders…for example in my next mock I have us taking Shayne Skov in the 3rd round…as much as he isn’t an elite athlete that Urlacher was he is an extremely smart emotional leader who even vets would gravitate too…I would have no problem seeing him start from day 1.

Lovie rarely starts rookies on defense.

It is an incredibly important position in his defense.

Everything about this defense is based on knowledge of the system, experience and being able to do things over and over again while working within the system.

I have no problem with a rookie starting, but what has Lovie shown you that makes you think he will do it?

Last edited by WindyCity on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Of course it is...but if a rookie is the most talented player he has at that spot I don't see him hesitating in staring him…Chris Conte is the prime example of Lovie seeing a guy who was best for the job and starting him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Of course it is...but if a rookie is the most talented player he has at that spot I don't see him hesitating in staring him…Chris Conte is the prime example of Lovie seeing a guy who was best for the job and starting him.

Did Conte start week 1?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking this honestly do people really think we let Urlacher walk?
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

No. The only realistic way he's not with us next year is if he retires.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

No. The only realistic way he's not with us next year is if he retires.

That's how I feel as well.

While I am torn on the situation I am almost certain the Bears are going to resign Urlacher.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I think so.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I think so.

Lovie has a hard time moving on from guys.

"Rex is our quarterback"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: